(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

42 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

So you didn't have Night Owl unlocked using SPIFSAL points? Using the glasses to unlock it, right?

I have tried it many different ways, it previously did activate but now as it stands, no method will activate Night Owl or Early Bird

8 hours ago, ghostalker15 said:

I have tried it many different ways, it previously did activate but now as it stands, no method will activate Night Owl or Early Bird

I pushed an update to my Testing repo, and will test it more tomorrow, but I think I have the perks fixed. Still not sure if it will work on existing saves or not, but hopefully it will. Or at the very least not cause any new issues on old saves.

Hello again,

So on our server, a buddy and I are both desynced (can't access inventory, can't do anything, can't interact) and it seems that this started after I was power tackled by him while I was in a police car, which put my camera outside of the vehicle. Unsure if anyone can advise or has a fix.

Thank you,

Quit breaking things! Lol. Not really sure how to fix it, but I'll see about changing the knockdown so it won't apply to vehicles. I always forget they need to be excluded from things like that.

Have you restarted the server?

And also, I just pushed an update that should fix Night Owl and Early Bird.

3 hours ago, ghostalker15 said:

Hello again,

So on our server, a buddy and I are both desynced (can't access inventory, can't do anything, can't interact) and it seems that this started after I was power tackled by him while I was in a police car, which put my camera outside of the vehicle. Unsure if anyone can advise or has a fix.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Quit breaking things! Lol. Not really sure how to fix it, but I'll see about changing the knockdown so it won't apply to vehicles. I always forget they need to be excluded from things like that.

Have you restarted the server?

And also, I just pushed an update that should fix Night Owl and Early Bird.

I actually found what could be a fix, but am still trying to figure out exactly what happened. This post seems to explain some of what I'm experiencing: 

So good news, it seems it isn't the mod that is causing the problem. The bad news is, with the recent minor updates to 7DTD, it seems that people who do update will now be having this problem as they progress further into the late game.

The Cores, FAL, and RMB looks right, but the other 2 seem like they are probably nested into too many folders. Not even sure what Mods---A20-main is supposed to be. basically, when you open one of those folders there, you want to see Config, Resources, and other folders, as well as the modinfo.xml. If it's just another single folder, drag it out to Mods.

thanks, that's how they unzipped (downloaded from 7daystodiemods.com), i figured that was the case and pulled them out of their nesting folders. 

do i need to put anything else like prefabs / pois / rng tiles anywhere in the 7dtd Data folder or are they good in the mod folder they unzip in?

On 5/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, bdubyah said:

There are a couple POIs where I hid one somewhere, but they are mostly loot only. As I add more POIs I'll hide more of them around as well. 

I haven't ever pulled any from loot.  But I did find that POI.  It was sitting on the top shelf lol

Hi ! I'm currently having hard time trying to make the mod Wasteland work. Like, i'm pretty sure i've all the modlet needed to make it fonction, but when i'm creating save, i can't enter my world because of the " error instance objet. " I think i really need help here because it's becoming annoying ! 

This is my mod folder right now :  https://ibb.co/MVsS8TP

And this is the error i'm getting https://ibb.co/cFW0dvz

PS : i've backed up my game to Alpha 20.0

Edited by Couvax (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Couvax said:

Hi ! I'm currently having hard time trying to make the mod Wasteland work. Like, i'm pretty sure i've all the modlet needed to make it fonction, but when i'm creating save, i can't enter my world because of the " error instance objet. " I think i really need help here because it's becoming annoying ! 

This is my mod folder right now :  https://ibb.co/MVsS8TP

And this is the error i'm getting https://ibb.co/cFW0dvz

PS : i've backed up my game to Alpha 20.0

Wait, so you're trying to play on A20.0, not 20.4? Why? And either way, a proper log and not a screenshot of your console would help more. 

It's A20, so i thought it was meant to be played with the 20.0. For a weird reason, my game isn't recording any logs. I've logs from 10/05 but i've tried things lately and it didn't registrer logs.

PS : I've logs now, let me link you my file.. This is my most recent log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3nfGGZnnav5UO4SPJXXUbCfBl0hdcIN/view?usp=sharing

( I'm a Boomer with forum, i dunno how to post my .txt, so here it is on my drive. )

Edited by Couvax
clarification (see edit history)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.PrefabLoader.LoadPrefabs (System.Boolean _applyMapping, System.Boolean _fixChildblocks, System.Boolean _allowMissingBlocks) [0x00056] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder.PrepPrefabAndRoadGeneration () [0x00000] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder+<Generate>d__72.MoveNext () [0x001d7] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <544fca0986d54eca88fc7c56e2a8b4b4>:0 

Something to do with world generation. Shouldn't be mod related. Maybe try validating your game files or doing a clean reinstall.

I've cleaned my game data, reinstall the game and i've still the same error. I really don't understand. And when i'm turning off all these mods, i can play the game fine.

PS : Okay, that was it. My reinstall was not clean at all. I've delete all the files and NOW it's working ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Edited by Couvax (see edit history)

Thank for the mod, removing this mods my server can went into the game without hanging in receive and loading configs page in A20.4

Its quite some numbers of this mod creating not compatible to the latest version A20.4 not sure why it hang.

I installed the VehicleBuggy mod, placed the car on my base, then deleted the Buggy Mod and launched the game. Now the car is gone but i can still see it on the waypoints list. Then I installed the mod again, but the car didnt appear on my base. Now I am stuck with the Waypoints entry. Do you know how to solve this? 

Cheers.

Hey @bdubyah  Thanks for the Excellent Mod!  I downloaded the mod sometime ago (about a month?) and have been running it on Alpha 20.3 (b3).  What I just noticed is that the statues - once equipped will give the character the attribute buff even if they discard the statue.  Is that normal?

I'm loving the mod even though I ran into those bandits and mutants and they've killed me like 14 times already!  Thought I was big and bad enough to take them on! LOL  Bad thing was I ran into them next to a traitor at around level 5... Finally abandoned that backpack after 3 deaths/4 attempts to recover; a bit harsh.

Also - loot drops on wall safes seem to drop the sewing kits at about +85% rate; a bit excessive.

Ammo drops for energy weapons are excessive too; although early on they're a good source of iron.

Bandit & Mutant base 'drops' seem a bit light but fine.

Death penalty seems a bit excessive, but is probably fine!  I stacked up 3 of them at one time and that sucked!  Cause one seems to last 6 hours IRL.  lol  Although that could be related to how long I've set the length of day in the game?

Weather effect doesn't seem to effect much as I've been able run around in the desert and wasteland without the need for much of a change of cloths.  Basic clothing seems to be sufficient.  That one is probably a hard one to adjust.

Perks could possibly use some adjustment like: Cowboy and High Tech might be pushed down the line?  Given I haven't used any of the energy weapons except to say that I've shot the ones I found but with what I have I didn't want to waste the ammo I got yet and definitely don't have those perks.  Just thinking that if someone wants to perk into those - it might be a 'better' to squeeze more points out of them for them to get access.

OH YEAH!  The turbo charger seems to 'over power' the police car but probably fine as I like running away from the vultures/mosquitoes!  Doesn't seem to do much with the 4X4 but that is probably because of the vehicles stats.

Minigun seems to do way more damage than 'it should' but that could be me; maybe add a bit on reloading time?

So far I've only seen 1 wandering horde of bandits, but I'm on the move a lot.  They came with the fog - maybe coincidence? But that was scary!  So I'm a bit hesitant to 'stick around' when I see the fog! LOL  I haven't seen any mutant wandering hordes, albeit - again I don't stay in one place for long periods of time.  Not even at my base, except my horde base at horde night. OH YEAH! I saw the mutant Behemoth's  standing around the my horde base after horde night but they weren't doing anything and I was able to attack them without them attacking me; and no loot.

Looks like you can only do the series (quest chain) of quests from a traitor only once.  Cause the first time I thought I was going to be able to do it once in the forest biome, and transfer to the desert and do it again, but it only gave me 'single quests.'

Again, thanks @bdubyah

I had forgotten about this one, but it seems to be related to the Whiteriver power armor set.  There's like a tube that appears after you've been in the motorcycle on the players right arm.  Looking down usually exposes it - especially if you don't see it while going straight and level.  I thought it might be related to a mod on the armor but nope.  It very consistent with the Whiteriver power armor set.  So to localize this I put on the set, drove around in the motorcycle and then got off.  Looked down and there it is.  Changed armor to 'basic' power armor without any mods and did it again, nope - no 'tube.'  Did that a few times with logging out and back in so fairly certain it's related to the whiteriver set.

There is another 'shadow' coming from the top of 'my head' - but I haven't investigated that one yet, except to pull off the mods on the whiteriver helmet.  Still there.

1995423213_SnapShotWhiteRiver.thumb.jpg.a08dbbfed4dbbdde8b6a4be91456f86a.jpg

• bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets