(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

@Jumper...of course. Lol. Look just a few posts for a bit of an overview on it. 

My vehicle AIO is pretty much ready, except for the trader POI. Mostly the same with Wasteland. Gotta get all my POIs updated and working properly with the new tile stuff. 

But I currently have no plans for an experimental release. Maybe when stable is close if it seems like it won't change much. So just be patient. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bdubyah! I must say I'm surprised by your decision to introduce your custom skill set. That's a lot of work and it probably means that the wasteland mod is slowly turning into a standalone overhaul rather than mod that could be thrown into a mix of other mods. On one hand I love the idea of pushing the boundaries and getting it closer to Fallout with the new skills, on the other hand it might be getting less compatible with some of my other favorite mods, this is honestly tearing me apart, because I love your Wasteland mod and definitely want to play it, so I guess I'm one of those who will have mixed feelings about this change, but I don't know maybe it will be fine in the end. Perhaps I could try to create patches to bridge my other favorite mods with your mod, I will see. Just tell me we are getting supermutants and power armor, that will make it easier to live with big changes. :)

Mutants and power armor are still there. I have reworked how the stands work, as power armor is now mods that can be installed in power armor frame pieces. Each armor skin has it's own stand now so you know what pieces you will get. Also made one legendary set but haven't done much with it yet. 

And I'll be reworking my raiders and npcs to work with Sphereii's and Xyth's core mod. Should be starting that this week hopefully. 

23 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Mutants and power armor are still there. I have reworked how the stands work, as power armor is now mods that can be installed in power armor frame pieces. Each armor skin has it's own stand now so you know what pieces you will get. Also made one legendary set but haven't done much with it yet. 

And I'll be reworking my raiders and npcs to work with Sphereii's and Xyth's core mod. Should be starting that this week hopefully. 

What do you mean by them still being there? Have I missed their implementation? 😱

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Alright, A20 version of Bdub's Vehicles has been released!

Bdub's Vehicles
Updated to 3.9 for A20

-----BVAIO FIXED/CHANGED-----
-Added: All vehicles updated to work with the new mods. Not all vehicles can use all mods.
-Changed: Edited some textures, should look better on some while making the mod a bit smaller overall
-Changed: Tweaked Mechanic's loot to add more small chances for vehicles/parts

On Git and Nexus. Launcher soonish. Might be some bugs as I've been a bit rushed with it, so let me know if anything turns up.

• bdubyah changed the title to (A19/A20) bdubyah's modlets

Hi bdubyah

Thanks for the mod and also adapting to A20.

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Might be some bugs as I've been a bit rushed with it, so let me know if anything turns up.

I'm do a quick test and found a bug with the GolfCart. Once you get in, you can't do anything and the error appears. The other vehicles was (quick test) work fine.

2021-12-25T09:51:13 95.123 INF 16193 EntityVehicle PostInit [type=EntityVJeep, name=vehicleGolfCart, id=176], (1917.3, 58.4, 371.6) (chunk 119, 23), rbPos (1920.0, 48.0, 368.0)
2021-12-25T09:51:14 96.598 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial:
2021-12-25T09:51:14 96.608 EXC Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection

Have tried to find the error but my knowledge is not enough, sorry.

11 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Hi bdubyah

Thanks for the mod and also adapting to A20.

I'm do a quick test and found a bug with the GolfCart. Once you get in, you can't do anything and the error appears. The other vehicles was (quick test) work fine.

2021-12-25T09:51:13 95.123 INF 16193 EntityVehicle PostInit [type=EntityVJeep, name=vehicleGolfCart, id=176], (1917.3, 58.4, 371.6) (chunk 119, 23), rbPos (1920.0, 48.0, 368.0)
2021-12-25T09:51:14 96.598 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial:
2021-12-25T09:51:14 96.608 EXC Value cannot be null.

Have tried to find the error but my knowledge is not enough, sorry.

Just pushed a fix for that. Left a line on a few seat0 nodes from testing passenger positions. Should be fixed now.

Also fixed the Humvee dye issue. :)

Loved this mod in A19.

So far however, I haven't found any vehicle spawns anywhere in multiple world generations.

All the parts and components show up in traders and in the crafting menu. But I haven't seen a single car or truck on the road, aside from the garbage default 7 Days model.

Was this an intended change? Have I not looked enough? Is the spawning feature not yet implemented for A20?

I can't play without this mod, but half of my enjoyment with this amazing work came from the scavenger hunt. The thrill of finding a new vehicle out in wild.

At the moment it's like having the Christmas tree without the star on top.

5 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Sigh... My mod has never had vehicles spawn in the world. You are confusing it with VM probably. I do plan on making a patch for mine once I have time to make it work with VM using their system. But that will be a little while yet.

How about that quest which allowed us to sit behind the wheel of a giant plowtruck and plow through the hordes of zombies, sending them flying high into the air and then watching them fall back down like ragdolls while watching a big red kill count in the top left corner of the screen? I bet that was the part of your mod too, don't you say it wasn't! :p