(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Alright, the Marauder is out!

g6tOjAf.jpg

Also updated almost every vehicle mod for some small localization fixes and fixed some progression.xml issues with the GNX and Golf Cart. Should hopefully have the Pipe Shotguns out soon.

Gonna move the Wasteland Weapons info here as the OP is too big.

Wasteland Weapons: (A18 ONLY)

***NOW REQUIRES THE NUKA COLAS MOD TO BE INSTALLED AS WELL***

!!!HAS TO BE INSTALLED ON BOTH SERVERS AND CLIENTS!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pipe Guns:

Fairly weak and has a low durability. Currently still has tiers, but stats/mod slots are the same no matter what.

Pipe Pistol - Simple homemade pistol. Low durability. Regular 9mm only.

Pipe Rifle - Crude rifle. Starts out as a short barrel. Low durability. Regular 9mm only.

Pipe Shotgun - Pipes and some bolts. The Shotgun starts as a basic short barrel, single shot version which you can craft into a long barrel version at a workbench. Regular shells only. Reload animations for the Shotguns are in, but the hands can't be fixed AFAIK.

The pipe guns will break once they degrade!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current pipe weapon mods available:

Oil Filter Suppressor - Usable on the Pipe Pistol and Rifle, and most vanilla weapons. Can be wrenched from cars and in some loot. Big though, and limits ADS effectiveness. Slight loss of range and damage and also adds a small increase to degradation of the weapon due to increased blowback.

Extended Mag - For the Pipe Pistol and Rifle. Doubles the pistol and rifle capacity, also actually shows on the gun, unlike vanilla. Only works on pipe guns.

Long Barrel - Versions for both the rifle and shotgun. This adds a longer barrel, increasing effective range. Makes hip fire more unwieldy, and also slightly increase weapon degradation. Works as a mod for the rifle, used as a recipe ingredient for the shotgun.

Cylinder Mag - Can be used on long or short pipe shotguns. Ups the shell capacity to 4 rounds.

Homemade Flashlight - Custom attachment for all WW guns, and most vanilla weapons. Simple flashlight and duct tape. Not as effective as the regular weapon light mod.

Other guns:

Railway Rifle - If those puny bullets aren't cutting it, craft this bad boy and show them who's boss! Schematic only.

FatMan Launcher - Only available in loot. Launches any mini mukes you come across and maybe something else... Loot only.

Lever Action Rifle - Old rifle, chambered in .44 Magnum. Crafts with hunting rifle parts. Accepts 8x scopes. Unlocks with the Dead Eye perk, level 3, or schematic.

Triple Barrel Shotgun - Quality, custom shotgun. Good room clearing weapon. Unlocks with the Boomstick perk, level 3, or schematic.

Heavy Sniper - Old 7.62 military rifle. Comes with a scope. High damage, semi-auto. Unlocks with the Dead Eye perk, level 5, or schematic.

Incinerator - Highly modified military flamethrower. Uses custom ammo. Launches molotov-like projectiles. Schematic only.

Flare Gun - Survival flare gun. The gun itself it loot only but you can craft more flares.

Energy Weapons:

Laser Pistol - Rare military sidearm. Can be rarely found or crafted once a schematic is read. Accepts all laser attachments except the scope. Uses Energy Cells. Ammo has small chance to cause "Disintegration".

Laser Rifle - Rare military firearm. Can be rarely found or crafted once a schematic is read. Accepts all laser attachments except the scope. Uses Microfusion Cells. Ammo has small chance to cause "Disintegration".

Plasma Pistol - Experimental military weaponry. Can be rarely found or crafted once a schematic is read. Uses Plasma Energy Cells. Ammo has small chance to cause "Disintegration".

Plasma Rifle - Experimental military weaponry. Can be rarely found or crafted once a schematic is read. Uses Plasma Microfusion Cells. Ammo has small chance to cause "Disintegration".

Schematics are rare loot or a quest reward.

Laser Weapon Mods:

Overcharged Capacitor - Increases damage output as well as magazine size. Slight degradation increase.

Laser Focuser - Increase damage slightly. Moderate increase to Max Range and Damage Falloff Range. Slight degradation increase.

Laser Splitter - Increase damage slightly. Fires 2 beams at once. Slight spread when hip firing, but can be accurate when ADS firing. Slight degradation increase.

Laser Scope - Adds a scope. Only for the Laser Rifle. Slight damage increase. Works well with the Focuser.

Legendary Guns:

Silent But Deadly - Custom pistol. Comes with a silencer. Higher capacity.

Long Distance - Unique rifle. Has a 4x scope. Higher dismemberment chance.

Firestarter - Quality homemade shotgun. Single shot. Very high limb dismemberment. Accepts all shells and applies Dragon's Breath to them.

Lincoln's Repeater - .44 Magnum lever action rifle. Able to penetrate multiple targets. High dismemberment. Accepts 8x scopes.

Maria - 9mm. High capacity. Moderate dismemberment. Accepts a reflex sight.

Pew Pew - Higher damage and magazine capacity.

AER-15 Prototype - Unique prototype variant of the laser rifle. Higher damage per beam and shoots 5 rounds in one trigger pull. Hip fire behaves more like a shotgun while aimed fire allows heavy damage to a single target.

Can be found in certain loot. Also can be a quest reward. Very rare.

Legendary weapon won't permanently break.

Install into the 7_Days_To_Die\Mods folder.

vRFTBVS.jpg

sWvLdVC.png

DsRKjMm.png

VnNGsi3.png

RYC95iG.png

ex17bWL.png

https://imgur.com/9TY9BSV

https://imgur.com/BhqL93O

https://imgur.com/UU5BVH0

https://imgur.com/muvhE55

Git: Click Here

Nexus:Click Here

(A18 ONLY)

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

I agree. If the balance of finding current guns in loot isn't better in A18, I'll probably release a small modlet as a companion to this one that nerfs gun loot. That way these serve more of a purpose. It's just too easy to find a gun right now in A17. And people complain about ammo, but I find so many guns to scrap that ammo never seems to be a problem.

help installing bdubs vehicles

So I need some help with getting your bdubs vehicles mod to work on my rented server. I am able to upload everything to my server, EXCEPT the .bat file that I am to run to automatically load the localization files. My server will not let me upload the .bat file for obvious reasons I am sure. Those reasons being how dangerous a .bat file can be. Obviously yours is not dangerous, js is all.

When I installed it, even without having run the .bat file, I could see all the recipes in my game. None of them had images for them though. I created the golf cart and upon trying to place it got some errors. I saw you mentioned about 3 weeks ago something about some NRE errors, I know that is part of what one of the errors said. I will post a screenshot I took of the errors I got.

So, do I absolutely need to run that .bat file? Only asking because somewhere in this thread I saw that the author of .bat file let you use it for your mods and I am guessing previously it was not included so maybe was not needed. In lieu of running that file to automate whatever it does, is there something I myself can do **if** I must run it. I am willing to make changes to files myself if needed. Anyway, just looking for some help. Hope I can get it.

Thanks!

20190814165512_1.thumb.jpg.3fc485d00702472be719f6549e54393e.jpg

The bat file is simply to make installing the localization easier. Not required at all. I don't think it even needs to be used for a server install, just on the client end. If you don't/can't use it, all you have to do it open my mod's localization.txt and copy and paste it into the vanilla game's localization.txt file at the bottom.

From the looks of it, something didn't get installed right. It kinda looks like maybe it got installed into the wrong directory. It doesn't go into the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder. In the main directory of 7DTD, the same as where the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder is, there needs to be a "Mods" folder. Install the mod into that "Mods" folder. So the path would be C:/.../.../7 Days to Die/Mods/Bdubs Vehicles.

Re: help installing bdubs vehicles

The bat file is simply to make installing the localization easier. Not required at all. I don't think it even needs to be used for a server install, just on the client end. If you don't/can't use it, all you have to do it open my mod's localization.txt and copy and paste it into the vanilla game's localization.txt file at the bottom.

From the looks of it, something didn't get installed right. It kinda looks like maybe it got installed into the wrong directory. It doesn't go into the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder. In the main directory of 7DTD, the same as where the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder is, there needs to be a "Mods" folder. Install the mod into that "Mods" folder. So the path would be C:/.../.../7 Days to Die/Mods/Bdubs Vehicles.

Ok ya that is exactly what I did when installing it, as far as where to put it. I am familiar with that because I have other mods I use. I guess I will try to copy the info from your localization text file to the original one which let me make sure I am correct in where it is, is it the one in the config folder that is in the data folder in the 7 days to die folder? That is the only place I have one. Thanks so much for your help btw!!

Yeah, that's the one. But that isn't the issue.

Just to be sure, the mod is correctly installed on both the server and client?

Ok, ya it was not installed on the client so that was my bad haha! I got it all working now. Quick question though that I bet is pointless because I think I know the answer but still going to ask lol!! Do your mods require I set up any sort of webtokens or have an admin rights? I am only asking because my server is all of sudden having some issues and I seeing a ton of entries in my logs saying there is an invalid admin token at some I.P. I am pretty sure the answer here is no, but thought I would ask anyway. I have no idea what is going on so I am simply trying to get to the bottom of it. My server company says it is not on them basically and I know all my other mods are good so just frustrating because now things are not working right. Thanks for your time and help though!

No, no special set up or anything. Sounds like the server has an issue or some configs for it are wrong. Haven't messed with servers much in this game though, so can't help much there.

And ext237, most mods should work just fine in servers. Only issues I usually see are buff/cvar related due to some lag. AFAIK, all of mine should be fine. :)

• 1 month later...

I honestly haven't looked, but I know it works. =) I guess it would depend on the icon; a lot of us just used squares and squished it to 116x80, so I assume putting it back to a square makes them look better than the a17 versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at it as a quick and dirty way to get a18 compliant until you take the time to do new icons.

I chose to test it to see if it would work with A18 (b149):

Got these errors in the F1 console:

WRN XML patch for "sounds.xml" from mod "Marauder" did not apply: <set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name='vwheel_bounce']/Noise[@ID='0']/@volume"

Looking at the XML it looks like it left off the ending ">10</set>" part?

Note sure what effect that has to be honest. I used the CM to give it to myself, gave it gas, and it works.

The only thing missing are the Icons. What's the new A18 folder name to get the Icons to work until bdubyah gets his downloads updated for A18?

I can do without the icons if I have to, I'm just happy as hell that I have my Marauder back! LOL

Looks like it is now Mods/Marauder/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas. So make the new folder UIAtlases, and move the current ItemIcons folder into it and rename it ItemIconAtlas.

I found what's causing that xml error. They just changed it from "volume" to "noise". So I should have that fixed. It's just a QOL change since custom vehicles seem to play that small collision sound almost constantly. Not necessary or game breaking, just something to keep myself sane when testing these vehicles. Lol.

I started work on updating the icons themselves but haven't had a chance to test everything yet. Maybe tomorrow night if I have time. Once I know it's right it shouldn't take long to get everything fixed up.

Thanks to Stompy, I figured out what the problem with the MRAP and Box Truck was. I'll hopefully get the updates out tonight after work or in the morning.

I've got every mod in good shape except for the Nuka Cola mod. Hope to test it tonight as well.

• bdubyah changed the title to (A19/A20) bdubyah's modlets
  • bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets