(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Nah, that's more than enough. Feedback on balance and stuff is something I never get. Not sure if that means it's good or if people are just lazy. Lol. 

That's why I threw up my test server to play on myself. Me and Arramus put a good amount of time into a couple play throughs and I made several tweaks and changes from that. I had planned on starting it up again but I may wait till a20. 

thats fair bud. il keep on talking about the feedback and such. il take a firm stance on the mod situation, but i dont think your budgeing on that. 😛 

that said, if your taking requests? i duno how you would do it, but adding a radio to the game with fallout 3/new vegas tracks would be neat. give the home a more freindly vibe. 

Ideas are always welcome. I have a text document I keep around loaded with ideas. So there's a chance I may already be looking at it. 

I have thought about some type of radio. I have a pip boy I wanted to add. Snufkin, who made the power armor, also made one that acts like a watch with character stats and stuff. So something like that is also an option. But I thought about making the pip boy more of just a portable radio you could equip. I'm just not sure how easily it would be to control it. 

Awesome mod and thank you for continued updates and improvements. Quick question - assume latest version 2.3 will require new game as using nitrogen RGW and can see you added new POI which obviously will not be in my existing save game. 

To get that POI, yeah, you'd need a new game. But I wouldn't say it's worth statting over just for that. 

And I think I fixed the Bull Rush perk. Just need to see if you can reread the book after the fix to get the ability back. Otherwise it'll need a new game or to use the console to give yourself the buff back. Need to make sure it isn't an issue for any of the other perk books as well. 

I'm having fun playing with great mods. I have a question. I installed Vehicles All in One on the server in May and am having fun with a lot of players. Will there be a problem installing the latest version on the server and client for an ongoing game?

It's never a guarantee. Usually adding a mod is fine, removing is where you have problems. But just updating an existing mod shouldn't really hurt anything as long as it isn't an overhaul with a major update or something.

15 minutes ago, chikuwa said:

Thank you again and again.
It is said that there is a problem with deleting, but is it okay to delete the old version from the MODS holder and put the new version in the MODS holder? 

If the old version of a mod and a new version of a mod make updates that do not change any items, then there are not usually any deleting problems because all of the items should have the same ID as before. If a mod adds a new item or removes an old item, there can sometimes be a problem with player inventory. For example, it may change the item to something different because the item ID numbers have changed. Sometimes these cannot be deleted from player inventory. However, these items can often be placed in a storage box and then the storage box can be destroyed. It is much safer to delete the old version and add the new version if the items are identical and it has code updates.

Removing a mod while the items are still in the player's inventory is not good.
Replacing an old mod to a new mod is usually no problem at all.

So I'm trying to have The wasteland added to a new Random gen world over Intrado. I've copied all files clientside, and it works fine solo. I've also downloaded (seemingly) everything correctly to the mod folder in nitrado, however I get kicked while load screen says "loading and receiving configs" for quite a bit. I am asking if the kinggen and nitrogen prefabs list need to be utilized by those programs (they are in modinfo.xml/config/uiatlas level folder and haven't used any programs but copy and paste to files in nitrado). Am I missing something? Thanks. 

Those lists are only if you are using those programs to generate your maps. If you use the in game RWG, you don't need them.

If you can get the logs for the server and from your client it would probably show what the potential issue is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @bdubyah, thank you for this great mod. Been using it for a couple of different games.

I have a question. I have successfully created a patch to change some of the properties of one of your vehicles.

Why? For some reason my map is extremely hilly and the dirt bike was not cutting it.

Now I would like to append? a differently named version so that there are two bikes I can make in game.

I have everything working but...I am unable to place the bike.

I have entries in all the places where the dirt bike shows up to add the differently named version (with my new numbers for mountain performance).

But I have run into a problem relating to the prefab, here I think is the offending snippet, entity_classes/entity_class,

<property name="Prefab" value="#@modfolder:Resources/db1.unity3d?Dirt_Bike.prefab"/>

My patch is in a different folder, and if I place a copy of the resource folder with a copy of the db1 file...yes there is an already loaded assetbundle, or something like that messsage.

I did try Extends but it whined about not having the mandatory prefab.

I got around the same assetbundle issue in the item by doing, items/item,

<property name="Extends" value="vehicleDirtBikeplaceable"/>

What I do not know how to write is a correct statement for 'hey don't use #@modfolder' use the existing one in the original mod, either by referencing the original file location or by referencing the one loaded into memory?

Does any of this make sense?

This is just for my personal enjoyment, obviously I can go back to all the single patched bike by using the collection of <set>s I have built,

<set xpath="//vehicle[@name='vehicleDirtBike']/property[@name='motorTorqueMinQ']/@value">5100</set>

Edited by Apaseall
mistakes were corrected (see edit history)