(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

He has 2 buffs, the first doesn't hurt that much. It's a warning. If you don't turn around immediately you will die. I'll double check the POIs he is in and make sure he is spawning early enough. Could be some delay in MP though, but not much I could do there.

Does it matter if the POI itself is radiated, or if an enemy causes it? Only real difference is that with it being an enemy, you can "cleanse" the POI when you kill it. I could make a block with the same particles that he has so maybe it's a bit easier to tell it's that kind of POI. The original plan was to have some old reactor type block that caused it that you had to destroy to remove the radiation, but that isn't really doable.

And again, he isn't supposed to be easily picked off. Either you have the gear to survive the radiation, or you leave that POI. Simple as that. But the way I have it now and the damage he does isn't changing. When and if I find a way I like better, I'll try it. But this is how it will be for now. I'm not understanding the issue with how the radiation exists.

And the rad version of the ghoul is not in hordes. He is only in specific POIs as of now. So no need to get worked up over something that won't even happen.

12 hours ago, bdubyah said:

And the rad version of the ghoul is not in hordes. He is only in specific POIs as of now. So no need to get worked up over something that won't even happen.

ok, you did think of that fortunatly enough. i do appreciate that much. 

as for why it matters, from gameplay it does. by haveing the POI entierly doused in radation, it leads to a more interesting mechanic of needing to go into a quest location with proper gear. your heading out for it. by tying this mechanic to a enemy that may or may not spawn, it just seams a bit... wierd. inconsistent. you need to ware less protection to deal with a singular enemy, and then go back to a proper stealth build with your ghili suit and what have you. 

i duno, it just seams... lame. as for the ranges on the rad, calling bs on that. as soon as we hit the radation zone both buffs happend. it was murdering us for even getting slightly close. 

as much as people hate the demolisher, his only strength is bad aim. stray bullets hitting his demo pack. means you need to think smarter with traps and the like. but it doesnt outright murder players just for being near him. 

I'll check into the ranges and stuff to make sure it's how I wanted it. Pretty sure they were fine though. Is there a particular POI this issue happens at? Just tested grocery3 and it behaved as expected.

I have these guys set so they should always spawn. So it basically has the same effect as the whole POI being radiated. So I'm just not understanding the issue with that part.

2 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I'll check into the ranges and stuff to make sure it's how I wanted it. Pretty sure they were fine though. Is there a particular POI this issue happens at? Just tested grocery3 and it behaved as expected.

I have these guys set so they should always spawn. So it basically has the same effect as the whole POI being radiated. So I'm just not understanding the issue with that part.

interesting... for us, it only effected, a part of the POI where he spawned in at. and when we got close to his location, (or near abouts) it then gave us the debuff, and the lethal rads debuff that basicly insta gibbed us. 

wierdly enough havnt had that issue again, at least so far. it was in the nuka cola factory POI.

Okay, I'll take a look at it. Sounds like he didn't spawn in early like he is meant to. Might have a bad sleeper volume setting or something.

I made his range big, but depending on the POI and where I put him, he won't always cover the entire POI. I went with a bit of a middle ground on the range. Any higher and once he spawns, you might have to back away a decent ways out from the POI, and I didn't want that. I just tried to keep him as central in the POI as possible. I'll look at some type of green fog blocks or something to give a better visual that you should be able to see before even entering the POI boundary.

Hmmmm, I was inside a POI house that I had cleared to stay the night in.  A little after 2200, got hit with a radiation warning.  Assuming it was a radiated ghoul, I beat feet up the stairs and hopped on the roof to provide some distance.  He wandered on across the street where I had fun watching him tangle with a few zombies all night.

I've also had radiated ghouls show up on a couple of horde nights. The way I have my horde base set up I don't think they can get close enough to hit lethal rad levels.  But that server game is still on 2.1.  I haven't done a horde night on 2.27 yet.

Oh, another issue. i just got the full set of power armour magazines. the health bonus is working fine. however, as i was uh... Testing, the ability to ram into people and knock them flat on there ass, one of my freinds one tapped me in the skill. i mean i had it coming but still. XD

however, now the ability is... no longer working. full suit of power armour and i cant just barge past people in a rude fashion. thinking the skill buff was lost on death. 

I'll look at the power armor skills. Some of them were finicky when I tested them. Buffs aren't the most reliable thing in this game. Might have to try it a different way, or just change the perk entirely. 

Geoff, there are 2 versions of the ghoul. The normal one that can spawn out in the wild and in hordes, and the one used only in a few POIs. The normal one is a lot less dangerous. Think of him as a feral ghoul almost, and the POI one as a Glowing One. 

also, with the ash maker minigun. when running forward and shooting, or when aiming at your feet (or near abouts) the weapon sets you on fire. il keep reporting these as they come up bud. (seams to be a latency issue. not sure what hackery you can do to sort it.)

nuka cola quantums negative effect isspeltlikethisandreferstosteroids. for example. 

Edit: the ash maker minigun only sets you on fire, if your not aiming at another viable target it seams. 

Edited by Colin248 (see edit history)

I fiddled around with the Ashmaker and never could get it to set me on fire.

Can you show me a pic of the Nuka Quantum buff issue? I gave myself the negative buff from it and on the player screen everything looked fine. Where were you seeing it at?

Still gotta look into the PA skills.

And vehicles disappearing is a vanilla issue. Don't think it happens very often. We played past day 100 on my test server and I never had it happen. But I know people report it, so I'm sure it's a thing. But nothing I can do about it. Best I can say is to always pick up your vehicles when logging off if possible.

Still checking into Wasteland things. Might have fixed the Ashmaker issue. And haven't seen the Nuka Quantum text issue. Gotta check the PA perks also.

Pushed a small update to the AIO:

Bdub's Vehicles
Updated to 3.9 for A19.5
Download at Git or Nexus

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
-Added: All vehicles have smoke effects when below 25% HP
-Changed: Exhaust particles will only show when driving now
-Changed: Tweaked physics on a few vehicles, more to come
-Fixed: Missing startup sounds for LMTV, SHERP, Box Truck and Semi

On Git and the Launcher, and Nexus.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, bdubyah said:

Still checking into Wasteland things. Might have fixed the Ashmaker issue. And haven't seen the Nuka Quantum text issue. Gotta check the PA perks also.

Pushed a small update to the AIO:

Bdub's Vehicles
Updated to 3.9 for A19.5
Download at Git or Nexus

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
-Added: All vehicles have smoke effects when below 25% HP
-Changed: Exhaust particles will only show when driving now
-Changed: Tweaked physics on a few vehicles, more to come
-Fixed: Missing startup sounds for LMTV, SHERP, Box Truck and Semi

On Git and the Launcher, and Nexus.

sorry for not responding! been at work, but il get you the tooltip for the negative buff soon. 

I installed the MD-500 mod server side and realized I needed it on my client after visiting here. Once I had it installed client side I loaded back in and my character was completely reset... from lvl208 and all my awesome gear to 0... :(

Never had that happen to me personally, but it's always a risk when adding mods to an ongoing game. Always a good idea to back stuff up when adding in new things, especially anything that adds to the progression file.

Colin, think I found it. You didn't mention tooltip the first time. Lol.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Never had that happen to me personally, but it's always a risk when adding mods to an ongoing game. Always a good idea to  stuff up when adding in new things, especially anything that adds to the progression file.

Yeah, I had the completed chopper in my inventory, I think that was the main issue. I added it to the server and was able to craft the parts, and combine them. but got errors when trying to place the heli. I logged off added the mod client side and tried again. my inventory was cleared except for the MD-500.

8 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Never had that happen to me personally, but it's always a risk when adding mods to an ongoing game. Always a good idea to back stuff up when adding in new things, especially anything that adds to the progression file.

Colin, think I found it. You didn't mention tooltip the first time. Lol.

okie, well i also got another bug with items 😛 all il say about it is... drop the rad away pill bottle. and make sure your in a very open area. XD

The legendary weapons are unable to accept any other mods then what comes with the gun already? Is there any way to adjust that for like better sights or even better mag sizes? Or any way to increase the damage output on them since you increase damage on all the other guns with mods.

Most of them are inspired by a weapon from other games, mostly Fallouts. So the way they are is how they were in those games, mostly. 

They are high enough damage that they should still hang with pretty much anything else. I might take a look at the damage values to compare them to some high end, fully modded vanilla ones. But the mods will stay how they are. 

The Wasteland
Updated to 2.3, for A19.5
Download at Git  or Nexus

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
-Added: Atom Car
-Added: Old Semi
-Added: Old Pickup
-Added: Incinerator mods
-Added: New T4 POI
-Changed: Metal box no longer uses loot list that destroys on close
-Changed: Reverted the NPCs AI so hopefully the ranged ones will attack more consistently
-Changed: Old Ambulance loot changed to more appropriate one (will take effect on new worlds only I think, maybe unvisited chunks)
-Fixed: Vault 101 small sleeper error
-Fixed: Nuka Factory Rad Ghoul sleeper issue
-Fixed: Scale issue on Rad B Gone and Rad Z drop meshes

On Git, the launcher and Nexus now.

I've tinkered with the idea of them. I don't think I ever found an acceptable 3d asset of them though. I could probably model them myself as they aren't very complicated. Just need to make sure I can make them look good in first and third person. 

I haven't looked into the power armor perks as of yet. Was trying to finish up what I had planned for that update first. Lost that t4 POI and had to remake it again, so that cost me some time. Got some time off coming up so I'll try and work through those issues then if I haven't already. Then it might be time to hold off till a20 as I don't fancy having to do the same work twice in the event stuff changes. 

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I've tinkered with the idea of them. I don't think I ever found an acceptable 3d asset of them though. I could probably model them myself as they aren't very complicated. Just need to make sure I can make them look good in first and third person. 

I haven't looked into the power armor perks as of yet. Was trying to finish up what I had planned for that update first. Lost that t4 POI and had to remake it again, so that cost me some time. Got some time off coming up so I'll try and work through those issues then if I haven't already. Then it might be time to hold off till a20 as I don't fancy having to do the same work twice in the event stuff changes. 

sounds good man. realy love this mod and how it works, and curious if theres anything i can do to help out other then playtest and report back issues. 

• bdubyah changed the title to (A19/A20) bdubyah's modlets
  • bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets