(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Not possible with the current ones as you apparently can't have entities that aren't zed class in wandering/BM hordes. That's why the mutants are all going to change to that class in the next update. But I can't do that with the raiders and soldiers. 

I figured I'd post this here so people will see it. Mythix, a tester for DF, has made a patch for Bdub's Vehicles that makes it compatible with DF. I added it to GitHub so it should show as its own mod on the launcher, and it's on Nexus as an optional file under Bdub's Vehicles "Files" section.

So big thanks to Mythix. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bdubyah so i've been trying out The Wasteland , really impressive work , i noticed however that feral ghouls (which are my fav thing in the mod along with the mutants) don't spawn at all , i even tried to add them on entitygroups instead of the ZombieGhoul1 but it didn't work. Any idea?

Edit: after removing everything from the entitygroups and adding the feralghoul with prob 1 i finally got one

Edited by Da Pain train
Mistake (see edit history)

I am absolutely loving the Wasteland mod and must say having found Vault 101 I am impressed with how well it lines up with what is in FO3, with that said I have ran into a coupe of issues that I want to bring up. First I have found that many of the objects added by the mod are very difficult to pick up with examples being the Nuka Cola bottles that have been placed on desks or other containers needing to have what they are placed on be destroyed in order to pick them up, the overseers office key card was also very difficult to pick up to the point where I had to destroy the block under it to be able to do so. I have also found that some of the soda crates and expresso machines in the world cant be accessed if they are placed on container (desk, fridge, etc.) like the Nuka Cola bottles.

Another set of issues I have ran into is that when I try to use the Overseers office key or desk key I get a message saying they need to be repaired, yet the escape tunnel exit key works just fine. these issues are the main ones I have found thus far but I am still loving the mod and hope that you continue to keep up the wonderful work and cant wait to see the next update for it.

First off - my favourite mod hands down.

Two quick questions:

any issue using this with xynth creature packs? Like human , mech and zombie?

second - anyone try to use this with the curse of Anubis one? Any issues there?

@Nerhesi It should work fine with any of them. Not sure about CoA. Worst case, try it and see. :) Glad you like the mod!

@kinsem I'll look into it and see what I can do. I remember the keycard being a royal pain for whatever reason. Some stuff you just have to look at it from odd angles, or off to the side to get the prompt. I'll see if I can make them better. It seems from the little testing I've done, if they are placed on certain kinds of blocks(ones that use Ext3dModel as their shape in xml), they will have that issue. Like the control panel blocks in the bottom of the vault where the Nuka Quantum is at. And the terminal beside it. I'm honestly not sure why it's happening. It's like the block below them takes over the collider used on the Nuka or whatever block it is. I might try fiddling with my blocks and shrink their collider just enough it shouldn't be touching the block below it and see if it helps. Not sure what else to try there. I may just have to go back through all my POIs and move these items onto different types of blocks that don't cause this issue.

I tweaked the key cards a bit, and they gave me no issue picking them up. So maybe that is better.

And I did some testing with the desk and key. Looks like if the desk gets damaged and you try and use the key, it uses the single use of the key even though it does nothing. Then even if you repair the desk with steel back to full HP, the key is now technically "broken". Which is why it says it needs repairs. So what I did is make the keys repairable with polymers. Means you can fix the desk, then fix the key if you "used" it already, then use the key. And it will still consume the key as intended. Problem hopefully solved there. Lol. For a temp fix if you need to, just hop into CM and grab another key after you fix the desk. :)

EDIT - I may have found an easy-ish fix for it. Just gotta test it out

And also, I know it's a bit of an ask, but if you happen to come across any items that are hard to pick up, if you could take a screenshot of it and post it here so I can see it, I'll try and fix as many as I can. I fixed the terminal and Nuka Quantum I mentioned earlier that's near the office key. The annoying thing is colliders behave differently in the POI editor than they do in game. So in the editor, this whole issue doesn't exist.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

On 4/11/2021 at 3:37 AM, bdubyah said:

EDIT - I may have found an easy-ish fix for it. Just gotta test it out

And also, I know it's a bit of an ask, but if you happen to come across any items that are hard to pick up, if you could take a screenshot of it and post it here so I can see it, I'll try and fix as many as I can. I fixed the terminal and Nuka Quantum I mentioned earlier that's near the office key. The annoying thing is colliders behave differently in the POI editor than they do in game. So in the editor, this whole issue doesn't exist.

I can definitely do that and I should have some screen shots for you by the weekend if I get time to play due to work and all that.

Hey , something i noticed the other day, the katana is super buggy in my game atm. Weird animations when switching weapons in hotbar  (katana merging with other melee weapons' animations). Also when dropped it becomes invisible. Especially buggy animations when coming on and off from 3rd person mode/ camera modespacer.png

that floating katana is me on free camera mode (pressing p)  also that error pops up

Edited by Da Pain train (see edit history)

Yeah, the katana is super hacky due to the holdtype I used. It uses the same as the bat as it looked the best for the swing and stuff. But I noticed it rotated the weapon 180 degrees from FP to TP view. So you were holding it backwards in one of the views no matter what I did. I have noticed myself when switching to it it doesn't always attach the model properly. Never had any errors though.

I might just have to go through the holdtypes again and find one that doesn't suck. Or just stick with the bat and have the sword be wrong in TP I guess.

I agree that the bat holdtype is the best , when i saw how buggy it was , i tried to install other katana mods , but they have the hatchet hold type which sucks imo. then i thought about manually switching the hold type of the other katanas from other mods so i can have the best of both worlds and i saw the 180 degree switcheroo you are talking about , not to mention the hand grip looking awful. Yours was the best/most realistic holdtype and animation and all , it's just hacky like you said , i added     <property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/> as a workaround for the invisible katana when you drop it , you could do the same until you fix it

I fixed the drop mesh. That was just a derp on my part since the main "weapon" is an empty prefab.

The only way I managed to break it is when DM and third person are involved. I tried repeatedly in SP, and arramus was on the server using it as well.

Did you have any issues when just playing normally? Because if it's mainly freecam/TP causing issues I'm not that worried about it.

I've just spent a decent amount of time trying to recreate issues with the Katana and what I could see so far is as follows:

1. When attempting to join a server with the Katana already selected as the load out weapon, it disappears almost instantly. This has happened on every occasion so far when testing this.

2. When using the Katana in 3rd person and freecam mode it can bug out if you revert back to 1st person while still in freecam mode.

In regular game play on a server I specifically selected as it can possibly offer some netcode challenge due to 150 ping, I slashed 600+ times in a mixture of regular and power slash to eliminate 400 entities. I didn't witness any issues at this time but will make an effort to use the Katana more in the next few sessions. Hit registry has actually been very good and it feels very balanced overall.

The Wasteland
Updated to 2.1, for A19.4
Download at GitLab or Nexus

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
-Added: Feral Ghoul to spawning lists
-Added: Radiation Sickness (can be contracted from the Feral Ghoul)
-Added: Rad-B-Gone
-Added: Rad Resistant Power Armor mod
-Added: SCAR rifle
-Added: 5.56 ammo
-Changed: Minigun, Service Rifle and Tactical AR now use 5.56
-Changed: All mutants are now zombie class entities
-Changed: Made Crowbar more effective against blocks
-Changed: Tweaked several item's economic values
-Changed: All Sunset Sarsaparillas give Star caps now
-Changed: Sunset Sarsaparilla flier now costs 100 Star caps
-Changed: Various loot tweaks (guns, melee, nuka stuff)
-Changed: Bottlecap Mine now crafted at workbench
-Changed: Added pipe weapons to a few loot sources
-Changed: Slightly increased ammo/throwable stack sizes
-Changed: Katana no longer uses prefab attachments, should fix any visual bugs with it
-Fixed: Settlement_1 POI missing quest satchel
-Fixed: Missing Ghoul sounds
-Fixed: Missing localizations
-Fixed: 10mm bundle unlocks
-Fixed: Survival Machete positioning and localization
-Fixed: Laser Shotgun No Fire buff not working correctly
-Fixed: Made several custom blocks easier to loot/pick up
-Fixed: Energy weapons can now shoot through blocks like iron bars 

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Hi not sure what problem is but when try start game with latest version of this mod the game refuses to load. In debug menu after message saying "loading localization from mod: Wasteland, I get the following red error... "Index out of range exception: Index outside bounds of the array."

I know have installed all POI correctly with nitrogen because without wasteland mod game starts fine and POI are loaded.. just get red errors because game does not know what certain containers are inside POI for example which are located in main mod of course. With wasteland mod game refuses to even get past main menu. So can only assume something in main mod files causing problem?

16 minutes ago, nickuk01 said:

Hi not sure what problem is but when try start game with latest version of this mod the game refuses to load. In debug menu after message saying "loading localization from mod: Wasteland, I get the following red error... "Index out of range exception: Index outside bounds of the array."

I know have installed all POI correctly with nitrogen because without wasteland mod game starts fine and POI are loaded.. just get red errors because game does not know what certain containers are inside POI for example which are located in main mod of course. With wasteland mod game refuses to even get past main menu. So can only assume something in main mod files causing problem?

Is it related to the nuka factory part in your description when you say to delete files if using compopack? if so could you clarify which files I delete please?

I'm running it on a server no issues.

I need to delete that bit really as they rename the POIs so it won't really cause errors, but just means you might not get any of the custom versions of it from the mod.

All I can say is redownload/install my stuff by itself first and see if it works. Then go from there.

Like, I literally just gen'd a 4k world as I was typing this no issue. So you got a bad download/install or a conflict somewhere.

I assume need to run your mod using nitrogen because of the resources file and nitrogen POI list? Can I just check using it right... copy and paste POI list text files into nitrogen compo pack list equivalent (I'm using latest compo pack 47) and copy prefabs from your resources mod into the resources file in 7d2d main game data prefabs file?

• bdubyah changed the title to (A19/A20) bdubyah's modlets
  • bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets