(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

14 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

In the CM menu, with Dev Blocks ticked, there are 2 chimney smoke blocks. But they do have a little stone frame included. 

They are a little lighter than mine, one black and one gray smoke. But that one is the only one I made and it's kind of useless since they added their own.

Thanks for the tip, they seem ok, but your is better for random placement in a biome. You dont have any plans making a "lighter" one?

Quick question...I have the required parts, I have the required skill (in this case it is grease monkey 3) and yet I am still unable to craft the rat rod handlebars. Do you need to be at a workbench to craft these mod vehicles or to craft the rat rod? As it is not stated on the information regarding the vehicle at all... Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there schematics for these vehicles or do you have to learn them via Grease Monkey? I saw it can be unlocked via "Any Vehicle Schematic" but I'm not sure how to do that. I've tried several motorcycle and 4x4 schematics that seem to only give me the motorcycle or 4x4.

Some previews of what I'm working on for The Wasteland. Next update will have 2 new sets of magazines for you to collect. Won't spoil all the details on the perks and bonuses they add, but expect some damage bonuses and maybe the ability to craft some things you couldn't before. ;)

5csBIDS.png

7TvmZ5h.png

Also going to be adding in Power Armor. The armor itself came from the amazing Snufkin himself. So shout out to him for letting me use it. :)

Put the armor together with this stand, which will be a lootable block. The plan is to make bundles of the different armors Snufkin made, so it'll be random what set you get. Will probably be throwing these in some random POIs for now, with plans to maybe build a few new military type POIs to include them in.

sEt4Qwx.png

Also have 5 soldier enemies that should be included as well. No pics yet as I'm still tweaking them. Probably do them the same as the Raiders and have them randomly spawn in the wild and convert a few POIs for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Hmm. That's odd. I'd say it's a Nitro problem. Just a bit unlucky I guess. Never seen that myself.

I went and generated a quick map with Nitro and had 2 of those POIs, both were on the ground fine.

strange, I did a clean install of the game, mod and nitrogen and the problem persists.

14 hours ago, Souhank said:

strange, I did a clean install of the game, mod and nitrogen and the problem persists.

I thought of something and I figured out what it was. It's the imposter of the original prefab. When I copied it in the editor and pasted it into a new POI, it moved it some, and the imposter is still in the old position. I'm attaching a zip with the fixed version, or you can load it in the prefab editor and hit Update Imposter to fix it. I would manually delete the existing files from my mods Prefabs folder and then copy these in as overwriting them seemed to not always work for me.

Also, if you happen to see any more like that, let me know. I did a few POIs this way before I just manually copied them outside the game, so there is probably a few like this. I'll probably just load them all up soon and update the imposters just to be sure.

House_Pyramid4.zip

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Yeah, progress has been a bit slow lately. Haven't had as much time as I would like, and I've been playing other stuff in the time I have had. 

I hit a few snags with these guys as I needed to give them custom gun meshes so they didn't look tiny in their hands, but I kept having problems. So the mutants will all be melee only for now. I plan to build them a few POIs, but that will probably be later on. I have a few things left I want to add in, then I plan to push the update. 

22 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Yeah, progress has been a bit slow lately. Haven't had as much time as I would like, and I've been playing other stuff in the time I have had. 

I hit a few snags with these guys as I needed to give them custom gun meshes so they didn't look tiny in their hands, but I kept having problems. So the mutants will all be melee only for now. I plan to build them a few POIs, but that will probably be later on. I have a few things left I want to add in, then I plan to push the update. 

honestly only got one question about the mutants, will they have voice lines from a fallout game? (ex: fallout 3.) i duno how... viable doing somehting like that even is, considering the system your useing. X3 

Good afternoon. 

Love the mod. I've been using it for a long time with the War3zUK overhaul. Its really excellent! I've been trying the Darkness Falls overhaul recently, and it does throw some errors upon game load.  I apologize if this has been posted above. I did make a best effort to search before posting. 

Prerequisites:

• Using the BDubs Vehicles mod only.
  • Base game v19.3 (b6) Stable.
  • Local client install but hosting friends, so hoping to get this working for all of us.
  • I did use your custom DFprogression.xml (renamed old .xml, copied new DF .xml from root into your modded folder and renamed it accordingly).
  • Everything appears to be working; recipes in workbench specifically, and can place and drive vehicles using creative mode. 

Although it seems to be working, the errors make me think we may be missing functionality or may experience game breaking errors later during game play that I am not aware of. I tried a number of "fixes" to make this work, but alas, I am not a coder and failed to make it run without the errors. Log enclosed below. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know and I will do my best to do so. 

BDubsErrorLog.thumb.PNG.95b52a9783036864a464f1aadc6065d5.PNG

Thank you for your time and consideration, and for this really excellent mod!

--Pete

Edited by Donnellpj
Added text in description (see edit history)

Yeah Df changes a lot of things from vanilla. I started making some patches to make it work with DF, but I was hoping for some input from people as to what all DF changes so I could get it sorted. It was mostly just a quick test.

I guess I'll just eventually have to download DF myself and make it work.