(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

My modlets won't work with DF as they come. DF changes a lot of things from vanilla that my mods use. I gave Khaine permission to make a patch for the vehicles on his side, but I'm not sure what the status of that is. There is an included progression.xml to use with DF that I think should fix the Grease Monkey problems(literally just updated this on Git as I noticed a mistake with it). But I don't know what all he changed in traders.xml that makes it fail. I'm guessing loot groups or something, but I don't know. Might ask him where he's at on it. If someone gets it all sorted out I would be glad to include DF versions of the necessary files for people to use when running DF as well.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Much appreciated.

Well in reality I can play with your mod nicely myself and use all vehicles, but the problem comes when my friend tries to join my game or either make one on his own, he´d get a spam of non stop red messages about the same issue. Perhaps a way to bypass this spam and log into my game would be enough? Not sure if that´s possible.

The reason why I spent several hours cluttering up my mind with general information trying to solve this is because I think your mod + DF + nitrogen is absolutely worthwhile. Hope I can get this sorted soon :) 

If there´s more projects of yours I´m interested in finding out too. Thanks again. 

error-vehicles.jpeg

On 10/20/2020 at 12:18 PM, bdubyah said:

The only thing I could think to try with the sounds is to go back to the same settings the vanilla 4x4 uses as far as the pitch, fades, and stuff like that. Other than that, I think it's just server weirdness.

The fuel I honestly have no idea about. The vehicles are using the same xml as vanilla with just tweaks to capacity and whatnot. But I'm not really too concerned with this one as I'd disable vehicle pickup in a heartbeat if I could do it with xml. Lol.

This is exactly what i thought i should do, any tips on how and where to make the changes? I understand how the language works i just dont know where to look for the default sounds. I assume i would have to change the name of each sound i wanted changed in the modlet and then have everyone replace the mod with the one i teaked on their computers, correct?

Also the Fuel thing may have just been a lag issue, sometimes if im too quick with lights they dont stay off if i leave the car suddenly, this may be what happened when fueling then picking up the truck right away.

Thanks for your time, seriously

Edited by Dr. VonDuck (see edit history)

What I'm talking about is in vehicles.xml. It's in the gear nodes. You'll see a line of numbers and a sound name. I tweaked them a bit trying to get the sounds to be less obnoxious. Could try copying the 4x4's values and pasting them over the Hot Rod or whatever vehicle is having issues. Keep the new sound names though, so that will help isolate the problem. Worst case, you could go back to the vanilla sound names as well. Maybe even try keeping my fade/pitch values and changing back to the 4x4 sounds.

And I think if you change this on the server end, it should push it to the clients as it's just xml. I might be wrong there though.

And that sounds like it might be it about the fuel. I can't imagine anything that could cause that.

23 hours ago, bdubyah said:

What I'm talking about is in vehicles.xml. It's in the gear nodes. You'll see a line of numbers and a sound name. I tweaked them a bit trying to get the sounds to be less obnoxious. Could try copying the 4x4's values and pasting them over the Hot Rod or whatever vehicle is having issues. Keep the new sound names though, so that will help isolate the problem. Worst case, you could go back to the vanilla sound names as well. Maybe even try keeping my fade/pitch values and changing back to the 4x4 sounds.

And I think if you change this on the server end, it should push it to the clients as it's just xml. I might be wrong there though.

And that sounds like it might be it about the fuel. I can't imagine anything that could cause that.

So something I noticed in the code for the default 4x4 is it has an accell command and a decell command, but only the Decell command is present on the hotrod code. 

image.png.e4e507b3594a2ac23ca239701a7c3ca5.png

2 hours ago, dani20 said:

Awesome mods.
One question,can your vehicles affect game performance? My friends dont have very good pc's.

I have almost all of the vehicles built from this mod and sitting around our huge 5 survivor base with no issues from any of our players. i dont think they are going to have an issue that would be any worse than what the default truck would cause. 

In entityclasses.xml, look for

<property name="LootListAlive" value="931"/>

on whatever vehicle you want to change. Look at the vanilla loot.xml at loot IDs 76-80. You can see how big they are there. If you want bigger, you can look at my mod's loot.xml at how to add a new loot ID. I'm not sure what the limits are on storage size. The xml says 90, which is 10,9.

My son and I made a POI that works really well with the buggy and dirt bike. We've had a blast playing with it. It has several alternating paths when hooked up to electricity to the motion sensors which run the drawbridges and vault doors, which are used to trigger blocks/alternate paths for a short time. It forces you to use different legs of the track. We recently just added new POI lighting for night racing as well.

spacer.pngspacer.png

TIG_RaceTrack1.zip

39 minutes ago, Ti2xGr said:

My son and I made a POI that works really well with the buggy and dirt bike. We've had a blast playing with it. It has several alternating paths when hooked up to electricity to the motion sensors which run the drawbridges and vault doors, which are used to trigger blocks/alternate paths for a short time. It forces you to use different legs of the track. We recently just added new POI lighting for night racing as well.

spacer.pngspacer.png

TIG_RaceTrack1.zip 130.45 kB · 0 downloads

Thats sorta neat.  Like a mario kart type race track.  Nice idea.

8 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

I must have my game sounds much louder than most. Lol. They are a bit quieter on purpose, as vanilla sounds get on my nerves being so loud and repetitive. I guess I can tweak them a bit so they are a little louder.

maybe its just my opinion, i love the loud sound of the vanilla car (and the willy jeep), if you tell me how i can make it louder that would be great :D

(not an it guy)

On 10/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, bdubyah said:

In entityclasses.xml, look for

<property name="LootListAlive" value="931"/>

on whatever vehicle you want to change. Look at the vanilla loot.xml at loot IDs 76-80. You can see how big they are there. If you want bigger, you can look at my mod's loot.xml at how to add a new loot ID. I'm not sure what the limits are on storage size. The xml says 90, which is 10,9.

so i looked at the vanilla loot xml, and maybe im just too much of a noob at this but i cant clearly see any value that states what size the various loot capacities are and am a bit lost... 

Just so i can make sure im understanding you correctly: I need to change the LootListAlive value to the one that i want? is that an ID? is that a calculation? does 931 mean 9 slots 3 rows 1 time? did you mean for me to change that to 10,9? (it broke when i did that last one, probably for reasons that are obvious to many others)

Also on my previous question about vehicle sounds: i had tried to copy the buggy sounds over to a few other vehicles that were glitching for me but im not sure if i did it right since it made all of the vehicles unusable and have obscenely bright lights... again i have reverted everything to where they were before but what lines in the XML do you mean when you said "gear nodes" and where should i copy from and paste to for other vehicles? is there a reason why some have accell and decell commands and others do not?

4 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Also BRDM-2 floats on water

what are the parts for the BDRM? i tried crafting one but i havent been able to find the recipies, i have grease monkey 5 so it should be unlocked if its craftable

12 hours ago, Dr. VonDuck said:

so i looked at the vanilla loot xml, and maybe im just too much of a noob at this but i cant clearly see any value that states what size the various loot capacities are and am a bit lost... 

Just so i can make sure im understanding you correctly: I need to change the LootListAlive value to the one that i want? is that an ID? is that a calculation? does 931 mean 9 slots 3 rows 1 time? did you mean for me to change that to 10,9? (it broke when i did that last one, probably for reasons that are obvious to many others)

Also on my previous question about vehicle sounds: i had tried to copy the buggy sounds over to a few other vehicles that were glitching for me but im not sure if i did it right since it made all of the vehicles unusable and have obscenely bright lights... again i have reverted everything to where they were before but what lines in the XML do you mean when you said "gear nodes" and where should i copy from and paste to for other vehicles? is there a reason why some have accell and decell commands and others do not?

what are the parts for the BDRM? i tried crafting one but i havent been able to find the recipies, i have grease monkey 5 so it should be unlocked if its craftable

The fastest way to get the BRDM-2 recipe is the Grease Monkey 5. If you have nothing unlocked because of this perk then try the last version of the mod. In progression.xml after this line should be vehicleBRDM2chassis and vehicleBRDM2accessories

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags">

Just checked Bdubs Vehicles version 3.5 personally and BRDM-2 can be crafted if you have Grease Monkey 5

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

• bdubyah changed the title to (A19/A20) bdubyah's modlets
  • bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets