(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Alright, one last post for the night. Git and Nexus are now both updated completely. Links in the original posts have been updated. I left the posts for old mods but marked them as A18 only.

I will ping Sphereii and get the A19 repo added to the launcher shortly.

3 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Hey @bdubyah, do you have some way for players to support you?

Just keep playing the mods ... or pop round and buy him a beer :)  he does it for love of game like we all do 😉

All in one vehicles seems to co-exist with Vehicle Madness so thats a plus

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

installed on alpha 19 stable but does not seem to be working?

Gonna need a bit more info than that...

4 hours ago, MajorMunchy said:

server side mod or does the client have to have it too

Gotta have it on both.

are you gonna fixe the mesh on the service rifle? if not its ok i will make my own front sight taller so i can actually line up the iron sights i just want to know so i don breakit after i fix it if you have no plans to fix it, well hoe did you do this just with unity? i fixed the mesh to have a taller (probable actually usable sight) and it refuses to load back in meh my feed back was just about gunsights its a big enough issue  that im gonna be glued to the computer until i get the game to take my edits

Edited by Roadkill115
im in idiot (see edit history)

22 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

installed on alpha 19 stable but does not seem to be working?

I was using previous version of your mod for alpha 19 but items were not appearing using recent stable version of game. Your latest update appears to have resolved it. Thank you 👍

I probably didn't add weights to them, if I had to guess. I originally had recipes for them so scrapping would've used that, but I ended up taking the ability to craft them out. I'll look at it when I get a chance. 

12 hours ago, Roadkill115 said:

are you gonna fixe the mesh on the service rifle? if not its ok i will make my own front sight taller so i can actually line up the iron sights i just want to know so i don breakit after i fix it if you have no plans to fix it, well hoe did you do this just with unity? i fixed the mesh to have a taller (probable actually usable sight) and it refuses to load back in meh my feed back was just about gunsights its a big enough issue  that im gonna be glued to the computer until i get the game to take my edits

I tried quite a few things to get the front and back sights to line up but ultimately went with just using the front. I'm not sure what exactly they do with the camera when you ADS, but it never lined up properly. I was in Unity looking straight through with them both lined up, but in game I couldn't get them right. 

if i do get the sights to work send you the data?

love your work btw

i think got the sights to work by making the front sight scale  1.1, 1, 1.28

and moving z pos to .066 hard to tell because in doing so somehow lost the texture will be editing this comment as i wont stop till i get full functionality out of the service rifle but got good feeling

Edited by Roadkill115
i figured out unity kind of (see edit history)

16 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I probably didn't add weights to them, if I had to guess. I originally had recipes for them so scrapping would've used that, but I ended up taking the ability to craft them out. I'll look at it when I get a chance. 

No worries. I was just curious if it was deliberate, an oversight, or something I did wrong/didn't understand.

Love the mods, btw. I laugh every time I kill a zed with the rolling pin 🤣. Do the club mods show up on the models?

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

Would it be possible to get the name of the soundfile for the buzzing on the Sunset Sasparilla machines (and the Nuka one if it has one)? That buzzing sound gets on every one of my nerves, I use a mod called Peace and Quiet to disable it in the game at large, but the SS machines are loud and you can hear for 20+ blocks.

For reference whatever file name I need to paste into this:

<remove xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name='NeonSignLP']" />

Thanks

I'm not sure if they would show up or not. Guess I should test that. Lol.

And as far as the buzzing sound, it's a part of the block. So no easy way to change it.

EDIT- I turned down the buzzing some and reduced the range a few blocks. Best you are gonna get. Lol.

Also tested melee mods. Looks like they don't show up, except for Burning Shaft. Which I'm fine with. Don't feel like positioning all that mess. Haha.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

On 8/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, Roadkill115 said:

if i do get the sights to work send you the data?

love your work btw

i think got the sights to work by making the front sight scale  1.1, 1, 1.28

and moving z pos to .066 hard to tell because in doing so somehow lost the texture will be editing this comment as i wont stop till i get full functionality out of the service rifle but got good feeling

I looked over it in Unity. I admit I kinda hate how it makes it look, but I do like the sights actually being right. Lol. So I guess I'll change it. Might push an update in the morning, we'll see. Appreciate the info. :)

Alright, pushed updates to The Wasteland, fixing the melee scrapping issue and adding the tweaked Service Rifle iron sight, thanks Roadkill for the assist.

Also updated the vehicle AIO and GNX modlet to tweak the red texture, and the missing tail light texture.

Yup, pretty much anything other than a simple xml edit mod will need to be on both.

Pushing an update to The Wasteland to fix weapon damage and durability issues due to perk changes in A19. Pipe weapons will now tie in to perks for quality. Pistol/Rifle is Gunslinger, shotgun is Boomstick. Also will fix the issue with the old map quest error.

Git is current, Nexus will be soon.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)