(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

I plan to eventually release a mod to add additional wrecked vehicles. There is one on Nexus I  saw that looked good though.

I went ahead and uploaded the current versions for all my mods to GitHub: https://github.com/bdubyah/Mods---A19

They will not be on Nexus till after stable as it's much easier to update Git. I am not guaranteeing they are bug free, or that things won't change. So just a warning. But they will at least boot into A19 without error. I think. Lol.

So you guys here feel free to grab them and test them out. Let me know if you run into any issues.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:43 AM, Namahagenader said:

Thank you for releasing very cool MOD, and sharing it with us.
I would like to publish modification patch for "Dirt Bike Mod" in japan region.
May I have permission of that?

I will specify your credit and forbid to asking you a question about my patch.
That patch needs original "Dirt Bike Mod".
I will publish only patch files.

That patch includes patch for A19 experimental and some feature as below.
- tweaks vehicles parameter for powerful riding.
  it is main purpose of this MOD.
- fixed parts list issue in loot list.(A19)
  add parts and schematics to loot list, traders item list.
- add hud navigation icon.(A19)

Yes, you may release it as a patch. But do check the new version out on Git and try it first. It should fix the loot and icon issues.

Your a18 vehicle mod has worked right through all a19 releases. I have it running beside manux a17 vehicle mod and Oignon vehicle pack. It also works with AC's and Harry vehicle mod (which I've recently removed) Only issue I had with it was it prevented other vehicles from displaying in the workshop unless searched.

I've had a lot of fun with this pack tweaking the vehicles with Ragsy's various edits and adding my hacked values to the vehicle.xml. Its been a great tool for learning how the vehicles are setup in the game and toward my final goal of adding attachable weapons.

10 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

Thank you for permit that I release the modified patch.
I tried new "Dirt Bike Mod" and it's worked well.
And nice new exhaust smoke:classic_smile:
I only noticed that it was easy to see the navigation icon which changed a color into yellow.
I will release a parameter patch except a part for A19 issue.
I love your vehicles, everything is Great work!
(I am sorry if there is rudeness for my poor English.)

Glad you like them. Be sure to report back if there are any bugs. I haven't had much time to test everything. And your English is fine. :)

And thanks, BadKarma!

Great stuff! 🙂

The Wasteland mod has a bug: when klicking on the 3barreled shotgun in the workstation I got a lot of read lines - reference not set to an instance of an object

You can see it on the picture. The gun I founf is working properly - but not able to build one.

Would be great if you can fix it.

20200817231437_1.jpg

hello Bdub! looks like alpha 19 is now stable, eagerly awaiting the update. :D having more weapons and vehicles is deffinatly gona spice things up!

just gota wait for one of the mods that adds wacky new enemies to the game and its gona be a party! hah! 

12 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

hello Bdub! looks like alpha 19 is now stable, eagerly awaiting the update. :D having more weapons and vehicles is deffinatly gona spice things up!

just gota wait for one of the mods that adds wacky new enemies to the game and its gona be a party! hah! 

He's already updated it https://github.com/bdubyah/Mods---A19

Yeah, I just didn't update all my posts/links as the mods were still being updated and Exp still releasing updates. Same reason I haven't updated the Nexus side yet. I've got one last thing to add to the vehicle collection and then I'll push all updates again that need it, and update Nexus. 

Hey @bdubyah, I'm sorry for disturbing, but I was just wondering how far are you with your plan to merge Wasteland Weapons with Nuka Cola mod for Alpha 19? Practically ALL of your mods are a must have for me with every new Alpha and I haven't tried any mods in Alpha 19 yet, waiting patiently for Alpha 19 compatible versions of all of my favorite mods including yours! :)

23 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Hey @bdubyah, I'm sorry for disturbing, but I was just wondering how far are you with your plan to merge Wasteland Weapons with Nuka Cola mod for Alpha 19? Practically ALL of your mods are a must have for me with every new Alpha and I haven't tried any mods in Alpha 19 yet, waiting patiently for Alpha 19 compatible versions of all of my favorite mods including yours! :)

Look up a few posts, there is a link to GitHub which has A19 versions. "The Wasteland" is the new, combined mod.

I just haven't updated all the links or posts yet as I'm still doing some tweaks and stuff. So they could be updated several times at any minute.

10 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Look up a few posts, there is a link to GitHub which has A19 versions. "The Wasteland" is the new, combined mod.

I just haven't updated all the links or posts yet as I'm still doing some tweaks and stuff. So they could be updated several times at any minute.

Thank you! And I actually do hope they will be updated "several times at any minute" - I love new stuff from you! :)

I'm getting duplicate of NukaDisplay1 error in Wasteland weapons...
2020-08-21T02:34:27 229.902 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'ui_display.xml' failed
2020-08-21T02:34:27 229.902 EXC Duplicate item_display_info entry with tag NukaDisplay1
Exception: Duplicate item_display_info entry with tag NukaDisplay1

I've looked at ui_display.xml and can only see it there once as the following entry is NukaDisplay2 so I don't know what's going on.

My Bad "The Wasteland" Current Build A19...
I presume this is the full context of the error from output.log...

2020-08-22T03:26:21 312.449 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'ui_display.xml' failed
2020-08-22T03:26:21 312.449 EXC Duplicate item_display_info entry with tag NukaDisplay1
Exception: Duplicate item_display_info entry with tag NukaDisplay1
  at UIDisplayInfoFromXml.ParseItemDisplayInfo (System.Xml.XmlElement e) [0x0003c] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at UIDisplayInfoFromXml.ParseNode (System.Xml.XmlNode root) [0x0005e] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at UIDisplayInfoFromXml+<Load>d__0.MoveNext () [0x0002e] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass50_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769> Line: 0)

Hey @bdubyah, this is probably unrelated to your mod, because I've seen similar graphical bugs in different POIs as well, but do you have any idea what could be wrong here? I'm not too experienced with POIs.

QNOQSu2.jpg

This is a screenshot from Nuka Factory that was added automatically by the in-game random world generator when it generated the map for me. As I said, I've seen similar graphical issues in a different POI that I added simply through Mods folder, the other one was Magister's Mansion. The only thing I could think of as a possible cause is that I missed to move the Prefabs directory to the game's own Data/Prefabs directory, but then again I was under impression that we don't need to do that in Alpha 19 anymore, so I'm clueless. :classic_unsure:

Yeah I can't figure it out either. A19 and I've tried 3 RWG plus standard Navezgane, so it's not the map. Only have 2 mods which also have ui_display.xml and they load fine. Removing them and all other mods has no effect, the error still occurs. This is also on a fresh install of the game, validated files and deleted saves folder. I might mess with it a bit, see if I can accidently fix it cos I don't know what I'm doing lol, but tis fun to try. 

@mr.devolver
I believe that is a bug in the game where distant LOD's are rendering within the prefabs. I get that a lot and relogging seems to fix it.