(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Um, stuff like Laser Pistol / Rifle, Holorifle, Gatling Laser, Plasma Pistol / Rifle, Gauss Rifle, Alien Blaster, Tesla Cannon, etc..

but really anything from Fallout you could think of, if you ever feel up for the challenge, you could go really wild, I know I would love to randomly find some of the most peculiar weapons from Fallout in 7 Days to Die. I am obsessed with that idea, can't help it.

I just have so many ideas.. Seriously, who knows what kind of top secret advanced weapons military had before the apocalypse? And who knows, perhaps the UFO really crashed somewhere in the desert just like the conspiracy theorists say and perhaps the aliens managed to escape and hide to avoid getting captured, but they were so disorientated after the crash, that they lost their most valued item from the cargo - THE BOX. The box which happened to contain the most advanced alien technology - Alien Blaster with ammunition for it and last but not least, it also happened to contain the recipe how to make more ammo for it because why not lol...

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I've went back and forth on the more crazy stuff. But, it would be fun. Lol.

I would like to maybe do some of the stuff like you mentioned with the UFO. Make some small little POIs that will give you a quest when you get near them to investigate them or something.

I feel like maybe I should just combine the Wasteland Weapons and Nuka Colas mod. I've already got several custom blocks in the Nuka Colas mod that would be good in some of the POIs I wanna make.

I've went back and forth on the more crazy stuff. But, it would be fun. Lol.

I would like to maybe do some of the stuff like you mentioned with the UFO. Make some small little POIs that will give you a quest when you get near them to investigate them or something.

I feel like maybe I should just combine the Wasteland Weapons and Nuka Colas mod. I've already got several custom blocks in the Nuka Colas mod that would be good in some of the POIs I wanna make.

Well, I forgot to tell you that today I finally learned how to insert a POI into the world using world editor after several failed attempts, so I finally had a chance to actually try your Nuka Factory POI. I intentionally placed it fairly close to the spawn point, so that I could visit the factory as soon as I spawn in the world on day 1. Man that was some dejavu right there, I have to tell you! It was pretty fun to play it and playing on the longest day settings, it was already day 3 when I finished the quest to visit the trader, so you can see I had a lot of fun in the factory lol.

But for some reason the factory did not contain your Nuka cola vending machine. I guess it's because you created it later and didn't update the POI? If you updated the factory with these machines, that would be really cool. I also had a strange idea about the terminals too. If they were actually blocks, you could probably make them useable in similar way Snufkin made his slot machines, they would simply show you the screen of the terminal (loaded picture) with some texts on it. Probably not much use in it, but you know, maybe it would enhance the story telling there. Also, do you know if anyone ever made an actual Fallout Vault? I saw some thread about it, but I couldn't find any public release of the project. :( I'm playing with Creature Pack which already contains Vault dwellers, overseers, power armor guys etc., so it would be pretty fun if they spawned inside the vault!

Speaking of Fallout mods in general, maybe you could team up with Vanblam who has been making some interesting Fallout items for 7 Days to Die too and see where that goes. He has not released anything to public, but what he showed is pretty cool. Check it out here, if you haven't. Man, if you guys created some bigger Fallout project that would include some of the best things from Fallout universe, me and my niece would love to play with it, that's already two people interested. I made a screenshot from the office in your Nuka Cola Factory and I will show it to her, she will love it as much as I did, I'm sure.

RC9NBjE.pngLater it turned out my mod load order was kinda broken (again, sigh), so I have to figure out how to fix it, but still. I loved the experience and I will play through it again as soon as I check the whole chain of mods one piece by one until I find the problem lol

I did update the Factory to have the Nuka machines. That's something I forgot to mention now, as the prefab is included with the mod. So make sure if you have the old standalone version, or Compopack, delete those so it will use the modlet instead.

You using vanilla RWG or Nitro? I just gen'd a new world in the game, and it has the Nuka machines.

I've been playing pre-made world called Hub City. It has some cool areas and a lot of space for inserting new prefabs, so I placed it into the desert. I did everything I could think of to bring the map to "default" state, so that no visited areas or saved player data are stored with the world files and it loaded correctly, but what I saw were two different vending machines. First one was fallen one which looked like vanilla one and the second one was the one that was added by War3zuk through his AIO mod and it looks like the red real world Coca-Cola machine. If your mod replaces it too, perhaps it is in direct conflict with that other replacement that is inside the War3zuk's AIO mod. I don't know, but if that's true, then mod load order certainly is worthless, because your mod was supposed to load AFTER his mod, so I have no idea how this could be possible.

Should be 2 outside, and one inside to the right. Not sure if his mod would affect them, as I didn't use the helper for them.

Just to be sure, when you walk in the front, where the spiked barricade place is, what does it look like? I changed that in this version, so that'll tell you for sure.

Should be 2 outside, and one inside to the right. Not sure if his mod would affect them, as I didn't use the helper for them.

Just to be sure, when you walk in the front, where the spiked barricade place is, what does it look like? I changed that in this version, so that'll tell you for sure.

While I'm trying to fix the mod load order, I removed everything that could probably affect the look of the vending machines and the building looks like this from the outside:

JmcF926.png

As you can see, all three vending machines outside are vanilla. I don't know why. This should be the POI that comes with the Nuka Cola mod itself.

I just downloaded it both from Git directly and then through the launcher. Checked both versions in the prefab editor and they were the new version. So maybe try deleting the mod and redownloading it from the launcher. You'll know it's right if you see Nuka machines and a wooden wall around the outside of the prefab.

I just downloaded it both from Git directly and then through the launcher. Checked both versions in the prefab editor and they were the new version. So maybe try deleting the mod and redownloading it from the launcher. You'll know it's right if you see Nuka machines and a wooden wall around the outside of the prefab.

There is wooden wall outside, but not the right machines. :( Could it be that I placed the POI wrong?

I...don't know. Lol. I have no idea, other than some sort of mod conflict. But like I said, the ones in the prefab are the machines themselves, not helper blocks. So I don't understand. Also maybe go into the Nuka mod folder and open the blocks.xml just to see if the cntNukaVendingMachineBroken and cntNukaVendingMachine are there. They should be, obviously, I'm out of ideas.

Only thing I would try is start over. Get rid of the other mods except mine, and try placing it down. Maybe make a new world or something just to test it out.

I...don't know. Lol. I have no idea, other than some sort of mod conflict. But like I said, the ones in the prefab are the machines themselves, not helper blocks. So I don't understand. Also maybe go into the Nuka mod folder and open the blocks.xml just to see if the cntNukaVendingMachineBroken and cntNukaVendingMachine are there. They should be, obviously, I'm out of ideas.

Only thing I would try is start over. Get rid of the other mods except mine, and try placing it down. Maybe make a new world or something just to test it out.

cntNukaVendingMachineBroken and cntNukaVendingMachine are there in blocks.xml. When I open the Prefabs directory and then open Nuka_Factory.blocks.nim and search for the machine, I can only find references to: cntVendingMachine2 and cntVendingMachine2Broken. No "Nuka" in its name.

Hmm. It's definitely in mine, and I just checked the nim file on GitHub. Sounds like maybe the launcher had some issues or something and didn't get all the new files for you. Maybe try grabbing it directly from Git and installing it?

I pushed the original update without the prefab, but quickly fixed it, but maybe the launcher cache held the old version for a bit.

Hmm. It's definitely in mine, and I just checked the nim file on GitHub. Sounds like maybe the launcher had some issues or something and didn't get all the new files for you. Maybe try grabbing it directly from Git and installing it?

I pushed the original update without the prefab, but quickly fixed it, but maybe the launcher cache held the old version for a bit.

That launcher cache thing would be nasty if it turned out to be true. I just downloaded Nuka_Factory.blocks.nim file from Github and it's definitely a different file!

Well, it only checks for updates to mods every hour or so, I think. So that can happen sometimes. Either way, hopefully that was your issue. :)

I thought that it always downloads the new thing when you let the launcher download. Where is it grabbing the files from if it doesn't grab them from the actual repository? That's a mystery. Anyway, I downloaded the whole thing again and replaced the Prefab files in the Data/Prefabs directory (I placed it there, because if I just leave it in the Mods folder, I can't find the POI in the world editor's list of POIs). I will soon find out if this did the trick.

Ok, so it works now. I guess? Just to make sure. The only Nuka vending machine outside that works is the one next to the entrance door, there are two vending machiens in the corner outside, one of which is non working Nuka vending machine and the second one is fallen vanilla vending machine. Is that correct? I will check the one inside.

EDIT: So the one inside is a working Nuka vending machine as well. I guess it works then?

That sounds right. :)

And on a new world, any POI that uses the helper block has a chance to spawn one of the Nuka machines instead of vanilla. I believe there's around 25 or so vanilla prefabs that use it, according to the list Pille showed me.

I wanted to install these today and I noticed that the forum redirect from the old address to the new is no longer working. I had the GitHub link but all the links in your first pages no longer work. I am not sure if the forum folks will take care of it or not. Its obvious it isnt this mods fault. Just a heads up.

They seem fine to me? I know I had issues even getting to the forums earlier, so maybe that was it. Can you try them now and see?

Yep, seem alright now. I made a general post regarding the forum earlier as well. If those links are not updated within the forum software it will happen again so I hope it can be addressed. I suppose the redirect can be left in place though so that might be the answer here. Thanks for getting back to me. Loving these vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the chassis and accessories for the UH-60 has a Economic value of 100, this seems like a bug as the traders will sell these parts for next to nothing.

<item name="vehicleUH60chassis">
<property name="Extends" value="vehicleWheels"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="UH60chassis"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="vehicleUH60chassisDesc"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="100"/>
</item>

<item name="vehicleUH60accessories">
<property name="Extends" value="vehicleWheels"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="UH60accessories"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="vehicleUH60accessoriesDesc"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="100"/>
</item>

Yeah, I must've missed changing those. Oh well. I'll fix it on my end, but I'm not pushing an update just for that. Just make it like 10k and it should be good. It's probably fairly rare that they show up at a trader anyway. Lol.