[Prefab] The Walking Dead Prison

Laz Man

Stallions,

Thanks for the response man. After some debugging attempts, heres where I currently am.

Writing the lines in myself into the original rwgmixer file did NOT work. Overwriting with the xml provided with the download does work. So I am confident that I probably messed up syntax of some sort in the xml earlier.

However, now I am trying to install the multi-combo pack. I copied the prefabs and the rwgmixer from the download, but the server is hanging again. Any advice is appreciated. I don't see an output file under logs? Whats the path?

Hi Dox, Thank you for taking interest in my prison. Good news, I believe my prison is included with the multi-combo pack (Magoli's pack). So if you are able to install his pack successfully then you won't need my separate installer. :)

Hi Dox, Thank you for taking interest in my prison. Good news, I believe my prison is included with the multi-combo pack (Magoli's pack). So if you are able to install his pack successfully then you won't need my separate installer. :)

Thats great news man, since I appear to be incapable of writing the lines myself without messing up syntax is some way. I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong with that later.

I actually got "your" rwgmixer to work and the prison loaded great. Its the multi-combo pack that is hanging the server. I found the output.log file but its quite lengthy. What am I looking for here?

Ok, we are good to go. It appears all errors were self-inflicted. Re-downloading the files and overwriting what was on the rented server appears to have fixed the problem. I have yet to find the prison, but I am looking forward to it. :)

• 4 months later...

I installed the combopack & randomly ran into the prison in my travels across the world.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Walking Dead & the moment I randomly came across this poi I actually was stunned.

Loved it, 10/10 - I'd love to help you in creating more TWD themed pois.

Alexandria, Woodbury, Negans compound, Terminus & many more :D

• 4 weeks later...
I installed the combopack & randomly ran into the prison in my travels across the world.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Walking Dead & the moment I randomly came across this poi I actually was stunned.

Loved it, 10/10 - I'd love to help you in creating more TWD themed pois.

Alexandria, Woodbury, Negans compound, Terminus & many more :D

Glad you liked it :) I started on a Woodbury but havent gotten very far on it. Life has gotten super busy atm so im a modding hiatus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Survivors,

It has been a while since I have done any prefab work. I went ahead and attempted to open the last release of TWD prison within Alpha 15.2 b7 and I am glad to report that the prefab is mostly intact. Some block ids were shifted around but for the most part it shouldnt take much time to update the prefab to the current released version of 7d2d.

I am glad to report that the strange voxel vertices and random holes in the world are now gone. TFPs must have fixed it at some point as I didn't see any vertex glitches in the terrain. Hurrah!

I plan to update the prison once again incorporating new blocks and such so future generations may enjoy :).

e34xGQq.jpg

The itch is there, its just I have twin newborns I am responsible for nowadays lol...

The ol' newborn twins so im busy cliche... sorry I watch too much cinema sins.

Thats awesome to hear tho bud you and the missus must be thrilled, you can even have a poopy nappie each too... twins must solve so many arguments :devilish:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Eta to a16 version?

Was debating on waiting until stable was released. With my available time i have so far only played past the first 7 day horde.

Been reading up on the posts from others on the changes to the mixer file off/on to prepare myself in the meantime.