[Prefab] The Walking Dead Prison

Laz Man

If you follow the included installation instructions, the prison should be roughly one biome north of the central city. Follow any road heading north and you should find it.

I recommend moving the prison farther out if used on a dedicated server with many players.

Is that so you can laugh at them having to treck 15 miles to grab their backpacks after they were eaten alive! awesome work dude, defo one of my fave prefabs just because of what it is, nevermind the awesome job you made of it. We've only just set a fresh map up and im itching to burn it already =p

Is that so you can laugh at them having to treck 15 miles to grab their backpacks after they were eaten alive! awesome work dude, defo one of my fave prefabs just because of what it is, nevermind the awesome job you made of it. We've only just set a fresh map up and im itching to burn it already =p

I reduced the amount of dog spawns so it should be more managable lol...

Hey Survivors, I just finished updating the prison so it spawns more flat with existing terrain around it. There were some seeds where 50% of the prison layout would be floating in the air. I have updated the download in the OP. Thanks to Magoli for finding the issue. :)

Jgg5cdr.png

Hey Survivors, I just finished updating the prison so it spawns more flat with existing terrain around it. There were some seeds where 50% of the prison layout would be floating in the air. I have updated the download in the OP. Thanks to Magoli for finding the issue. :)

Jgg5cdr.png

awesome, hope that means magoli is almost ready to release new compopack

I assume the fix was to put roads right around it again?

btw if you have little stub roads where you originally had the roads leading out from the prefab paths it has a good chance of attaching the rwg roads at those points rather than the corners like in your screenshot (it likes to attach to the outermost road)

I assume the fix was to put roads right around it again?

btw if you have little stub roads where you originally had the roads leading out from the prefab paths it has a good chance of attaching the rwg roads at those points rather than the corners like in your screenshot (it likes to attach to the outermost road)

Yes, putting roads around it forces the terrain elevation outside of the hub to be more gradual. Thanks for the tip about the stub roads, will test this in the future.

As a side note, minor update to version 1.51 has been posted in OP. Enjoy!

What would you prefer to see first? I was doing research for woodbury already. Perhaps i should do a poll. :)

Read the hardback books, you will get a better sense of the layout of woodbury, and realize it's a lot larger than it seems. May want to do it in pieces.

Town center, racetrack, etc...

That CDC research center (the one based on the Cobb Performing Arts Center) would be a pretty daunting task. Post Modernism is not exactly Voxel-friendly.

But if you are crazy enough to tackle it, let me know, Laz, and I'd be happy to offer some advice. One advantage of that building is you can actually wander around in the lobby and around the building on Google Streetview.

---

Fake Signature Line that's really just a cheap plug for my YouTube Channel

hey laz,

looks awesome, installed the prefab files into the prefab folder and the rwgmixer into data/config on a remote server. Deleted the save and then set it to random gen.

Upon loading in it hangs on "waiting for server" and after signing in the ftp I see that it has not generated a world. Any advice on what I'm doing incorrectly? I've tried writing in xml lines manually on the backup and using that but it does not appear to fix the problem. Only upon re-inserting a vanilla rwgmixer does the server successfully generate the world.

hey laz,

looks awesome, installed the prefab files into the prefab folder and the rwgmixer into data/config on a remote server. Deleted the save and then set it to random gen.

Upon loading in it hangs on "waiting for server" and after signing in the ftp I see that it has not generated a world. Any advice on what I'm doing incorrectly? I've tried writing in xml lines manually on the backup and using that but it does not appear to fix the problem. Only upon re-inserting a vanilla rwgmixer does the server successfully generate the world.

Please upload your output.log. and rwgmixer

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you place prefabs in the prefab folder

Stallions,

Thanks for the response man. After some debugging attempts, heres where I currently am.

Writing the lines in myself into the original rwgmixer file did NOT work. Overwriting with the xml provided with the download does work. So I am confident that I probably messed up syntax of some sort in the xml earlier.

However, now I am trying to install the multi-combo pack. I copied the prefabs and the rwgmixer from the download, but the server is hanging again. Any advice is appreciated. I don't see an output file under logs? Whats the path?