🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

sorcery-v092.png

SORCERY V0.921 (10/16) - RELEASES FRIDAY!

Major Feature: Pet Familiars (Follow, Attack, Abilities, Upgradeable, Skill Tree)
Major Feature: Spell Turrets (Portable Trap Companion)
Added: Arcane Familiar Pet
Added: Arcane Familiar Skill Tree (Radiant, Healing, Dispelling, Shielding)
Added: Fire Spell Turret + Ammo
Added: Spell Turret Runes (Starcaller, Burning Aura)
Added: Spell Turret Skill Tree (Incinerate, Explosive, Wild, Meteor)
Added: New Scrolls (Essence Find, Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
Added: New Runes (Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
Added: Quests and Skill Grimoires for Familiar, Enchanting, Spell Turret
Added: Unique Rune Crafting Station (enables tabs per Element and interesting Recipes)
Added: Buff XP/Kill Credit workaround for vanilla issues (no more missed kill credit)
Added: Arcane Vision Scroll reveals all nearby Fallen (onscreen icons)

Added: Skill Grimoire Recipes (Ice, Lightning Elixirs)

Fixed: Zero Spirit issue caused by raising/lowering Max Spirit
Fixed: Recall Scroll is more reliable
Changed: Crafting Stations now contain tabs for each Element
Changed: Various improvements (Recipes, QoL)
Changed: Spell Turrets can shoot through bars
Changed: Spell Turrets display degradation stat
Changed: Fire Spell Turret has more maximum durability (less repairing)
Changed: Familiar immune to all Spell Turret damage
‼️New game is required‼️

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

sorcery-header-v09-fire.png

FEATURES

Play 7 Days to Die as a balanced post apocalyptic zombie vanquishing Sorcerer. Through training and discovery, you'll learn how to deport the undead straight back to hell by casting elemental spells of Fire, Ice and Lightning.
• Vanilla game 100% untouched, add-only policy!
• Balanced around vanilla gameplay, you must train to gain and sustain your power!
• Unique animations, art, effects and sounds for spells and items
New Spells: Craft, Master and Upgrade 5 Spells per element!
New Enemies: Touched, Fallen (Champion), Awakened (Boss), Ancient (Raid)
New Attributes: Sorcery, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Resource: Spirit (mana required to perform all Sorcery)
New Dual Skill Tree and Perks: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Crafting: Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, Resources
New Armor Sets: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Masteries: Alchemy, Runesmithing, Spirit, Essence, Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
Play-style: Sorcerer (Spellcaster)
Play-style: Alchemist (Potions, Bombs)
Play-style: Archer Mage (Spell Arrows) 
Play-style: Gun Mage (Spell Ammo)
Play-style: Melee Mage (Spell Weapons)
Weapon Abilities: Primary, Secondary, Passive and Charge abilities
Rune Mods: Harness the power of Runes to augment your weapons, armor and gear!
Alchemy: Craft Potions, Elixirs and Bombs
Sexy Loot: Item Sets, Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls and more!

sorcery-v092.png

SORCERY UPDATED - PUBLIC 10/15 (v0.922)

Major Feature: Pet Familiars (Follow, Attack, Abilities, Upgradeable, Skill Tree)
 Major Feature: Spell Turrets (Portable Trap Companion)
 Added: Arcane Familiar Pet
 Added: Arcane Familiar Skill Tree (Radiant, Healing, Dispelling, Shielding)
 Added: Fire Spell Turret + Ammo
 Added: Spell Turret Runes (Starcaller, Burning Aura)
 Added: Spell Turret Skill Tree (Incinerate, Explosive, Wild, Meteor)
 Added: New Scrolls (Essence Find, Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
 Added: New Runes (Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
 Added: Quests and Skill Grimoires for Familiar, Enchanting, Spell Turret
 Added: Unique Rune Crafting Station (enables tabs per Element and interesting Recipes)
 Added: Buff XP/Kill Credit workaround for vanilla issues (no more missed kill credit)
 Added: Arcane Vision Scroll reveals all nearby Fallen (onscreen icons)

Added: Skill Grimoire Recipes (Ice, Lightning Elixirs)
Added: Fire Skill Elixir permanent Fire Sorcery Damage when consumed at max level
Added: Fire Skill Elixir permanent Fire Essence Harvest when consumed at max level

Fixed: Zero Spirit issue caused by raising/lowering Max Spirit
 Fixed: Recall Scroll is more reliable
 Changed: Crafting Stations now contain tabs for each Element
 Changed: Various improvements (Recipes, QoL)
 Changed: Spell Turrets can shoot through bars
 Changed: Spell Turrets display degradation stat
 Changed: Fire Spell Turret has more maximum durability (less repairing)
 Changed: Familiar immune to all Spell Turret damage

Changed: Sorcery Books 📚 stack
Changed: Fire Weapon Scroll affects 🧰 Tools
Changed: Travel Potion ⚗️duration increased

‼️NEW GAME REQUIRED‼️

DARKNESS FALLS: Sorcery and Darkness Falls are fully compatible. Do not include "Deep Pockets" from the download if using the two together. Simply drop the "Sorcery" folder into the "Mods" folder of your DF install and use the DF+Sorcery Compatibility Patch (Sorcery Discord). Let Khaine and I know in #🔗darkness-falls if you run into any issues!

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

🔑SUPPORTERS

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Question, in the new file, when I unzip it, The two main folders are there, however, in the Sorcery folder, there is yet another zip file, and it seems to be causing an issue with some item behaviors.

Did I screw something up, or do I need to unzip that within the Sorcery folder?

23 hours ago, ZyffTB said:

Question, in the new file, when I unzip it, The two main folders are there, however, in the Sorcery folder, there is yet another zip file, and it seems to be causing an issue with some item behaviors. Did I screw something up, or do I need to unzip that within the Sorcery folder?

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

19 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Okay, maybe I'm an idiot, but I have no idea how to get Fallen blood (other than maybe trying to use a blood draw kit on them, and that seems...unlikely.)  Any thoughts on how to get it (I'd like to max out my fire sorcery)?

Fallen Blood is "extracted" by looting Fallen while they still live. Best tactic is to knock them down and loot while interrupted. 🍻 

Ah hah!  I saw they could be looted while still alive, but I assumed it was a bug or something that you just couldn't change for some reason.  Hmm...gonna have to start carrying a club again (I've been using a blade because clubs didn't seem very appropriate for a mage-type.)

Thanks.

5 hours ago, leotopk said:

I am getting '"index out of range" when open skill tree. How can I fix that please help!

This can happen when trying to use an incompatible mod, especially an overhaul. ATM, Darkness Falls is the only fully supported overhaul.

2 hours ago, Devrix said:

This can happen when trying to use an incompatible mod, especially an overhaul. ATM, Darkness Falls is the only fully supported overhaul.

It conflicts with a custom Perks mod - Prestige Skills v3.01. Is there a setting that I can change to make them work together? 

So...do runes reduce your max spirit even if they're in an item that is in a chest?  I stuck a couple Starcaller Runes into a couple turrets, and my max spirit has gone from 784 to 585, but the turrets are in a chest (I'm just planning on using them for horde night.)  If that is what is happening, it'd be nice to be able to remove runes or somehow mitigate that (I also have a bunch of runes in a sorcerer armor set in a chest, while I switched to a fire armor set.)

On 11/23/2020 at 1:45 AM, Vaeliorin said:

So...do runes reduce your max spirit even if they're in an item that is in a chest?

Nope, only if equipped or a Spell Turret with Runes is placed. This could be a rare fluke where re-entering the game will correct it. 🍻 

Hi,

some feedback for this mod.

- I am playing Singleplayer without bloodmoon's. I notice there is no progression at the enemies. Loot progression works well, currently i am geting steel loot but i am geting rarely any feral and no radiated/mutated zombies.

- Spell light rune, the light effect turn off/on randomly. Very annoying when you sneak at night through a POI and poof all dark and a few step further you got light again.

- Tresor opening Rune, basicly that feel like cheating. I put it on a lvl 5 ratchet and even a hvy lootchest get opened with 4 hits. Can't you made some opening spell/tool that use spirit. Like an extra option at the radial menu, you can choose regular lockpick open or magical open. It constant drain spirit , and when a magical lockpick break it use another amount of spirt. The Arcane or rune skill adjust the spirit drain.

Door opening similar.

- Lighting fallen, i think his range attack should be much faster or instant. All the range attack's can be dogded by strafing very easiely. When the lighting would be instant/lightspeed he would be a greater range threat. To balance it he should do half damage when his range allways hit.

- Ammo/Weapon buff icon from scrolls look's the same, would be nice if they could modify and reflect Ammo/weapon symbol.

Just curious where Ravenhearst / Darkness Falls compatibility stood Devrix.  I attempted a quick test with Ravenhearst 7.2.4 (latest for 19.2B4) and Sorcery 0.922 and had problems accessing skills beyond the first (Perception).

I expect you are still re-working things for A19 and the additional magic skills, but thought I'd ask to be sure.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!