🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Is there a way to get the sorcery gear to give me spirit in the darkness falls mod?

Spirit works with Darkness Falls; It only activates while you're wielding a Spellcast weapon :)

68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e63632f4d4b706a6d4d714e2f376432642d736f72636572792d7370697269747265736f757263652e6a7067

Spirit Resource

Spirit is your available Spellcasting Stamina. When a Spellcast weapon is equipped, Stamina is immediately affected by Spirit benefits, such as: Spirit Regen, Spirit Max and the Sorcery Attribute. These benefits are lost temporarily when switching to a weapon, tool or item other than a Spellcast. Additionally, all Spirit effects are disabled while Spellcasting or Channeling any spells or abilities. This is to maintain balance with Stamina as a separate resource. Stamina is still very important for obvious reasons.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

Spirit works with Darkness Falls; It only activates while you're wielding a Spellcast weapon :)

68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e63632f4d4b706a6d4d714e2f376432642d736f72636572792d7370697269747265736f757263652e6a7067

Spirit Resource

Spirit is your available Spellcasting Stamina. When a Spellcast weapon is equipped, Stamina is immediately affected by Spirit benefits, such as: Spirit Regen, Spirit Max and the Sorcery Attribute. These benefits are lost temporarily when switching to a weapon, tool or item other than a Spellcast. Additionally, all Spirit effects are disabled while Spellcasting or Channeling any spells or abilities. This is to maintain balance with Stamina as a separate resource. Stamina is still very important for obvious reasons.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

Even when weilding a spellcase my spirit doesn't go above 100. I thought I remember something on the darkness falls page saying they do not go above 100 with the UI or something like that. Is the spirit just invisible? In sorcery mod I start at say 210 and start running and it goes down from there. In darkness falls with sorcery I always have 100 even with a spellcast and it goes down from 100 immediately. I tried to take a screen shot but it was so poor quality you can't see the stamina anyway lol

Even when weilding a spellcase my spirit doesn't go above 100. I thought I remember something on the darkness falls page saying they do not go above 100 with the UI or something like that. Is the spirit just invisible? In sorcery mod I start at say 210 and start running and it goes down from there. In darkness falls with sorcery I always have 100 even with a spellcast and it goes down from 100 immediately. I tried to take a screen shot but it was so poor quality you can't see the stamina anyway lol

I tested before posting and it's working with DF Experimental and latest Sorcery v0.7. Have you updated to the latest version? Using other mods?

Oh I didn't realize i'm supposed to be using experimental. I use just darkness falls. What is experimental?

It *should* be working in non-experimental / 17.2 DF too, I know there's a hand full of people playing both. Maybe that's where the mention of the UI not reflecting the Stamina change came in. If that's the case, the Character Stats UI may show it. DF Experimental is the next major release of DF, which Sorcery is fully compatible.

It *should* be working in non-experimental / 17.2 DF too, I know there's a hand full of people playing both. Maybe that's where the mention of the UI not reflecting the Stamina change came in. If that's the case, the Character Stats UI may show it. DF Experimental is the next major release of DF, which Sorcery is fully compatible.

Finally got experimental downloaded and working. Have 5 ranks in sorcery and a fire spell cast and sorcery armor equiped. Still only at 100 stamina no matter what i do. On both the bar and the character page. Should I ask in darkness falls instead/as well not sure where the issue is. Really appreciate the help and responses though! awesome mod as always.

Finally got experimental downloaded and working. Have 5 ranks in sorcery and a fire spell cast and sorcery armor equiped. Still only at 100 stamina no matter what i do. On both the bar and the character page. Should I ask in darkness falls instead/as well not sure where the issue is. Really appreciate the help and responses though! awesome mod as always.

I can confirm part of this at least.

Tested using a dedicated DF 2.04 + Sorcery 0.7 server. Went through the basic Sorcery quests until the chain was complete. Raised Sorcery to 5, essence/spellcast/fire mastery all to 1 point each. Spirit remains 99/100 in the character tab and in the HUD display. It isn't until I go and give my character some nice Transcendent Sorcerer armor (noticeable +spirit bonuses) and have him wear it that I see increases in Spirit both places.

I also went and tested the current working mechanics in a Ravenhearst game, where the Sorcery skill adds to available Spirit even without armor bonuses.

I'll let Devrix know so he can check over the relevant parts of the compatibility code. By all rights, raising Sorcery skill should raise your available spirit when wielding a Spellcast you can use.

Hello,

I just joined the forum and waited to get the account activated to mention that i had the issue of not being able to craft Spellcasts of any higher level then 1, even tho i had Sorcery maxed out at a level 80 character.

Looking though the forum, as i could not post earlier, to see if anyone mentioned having similar problems,

i found that some wrote, that you may need a certain progress in other stats (guess that related to RH).

But i filled all possible stats up and still got no higher then lvl 1 Spellcasts.

Using DF Experimental + Sorcery 0.7, in the end i looked through the progression file and could not find anything else beside the RH patching.

I searched for where you addressed the "CraftingTier" and only found that RH conditional part, since there is no "attTradesman" in DF,

i then went and commented out all the :

'<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTradesman" operation="LTE" value="0"/> <!---RH: Compatibility -->'

lines for requirements as i do not run RH.

Suddenly i had access to the right quality level of "Spellcasts"(Fire or Ice) crafts based on the progression of my character in game.

Hopefully that may help to adjust the progression file for more compatibility with DF.

I run a few smaller mods, which i had to adjust to work with DF, but none of them does anything to progression.

I really like what you added to the game with the sorcery and as you can see i like DF as well, so let me say, thanks for the effort and Brainmatter you put in to allow us to throw something else then just bullets and arrows at the Zeds.

Keep it up and i am very much looking forward to see lightning being unlocked.

I searched for where you addressed the "CraftingTier" and only found that RH conditional part, since there is no "attTradesman" in DF,

i then went and commented out all the :

'<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attTradesman" operation="LTE" value="0"/> <!---RH: Compatibility -->'

@Xylvier your Sorcery is not current, for one reason or another. This is old code that does not work properly. If you look at the current (4 days ago) Sorcery Progression on GitHub, the "LTE 0" lines no longer exist, as they didn't work out. I've raised the version of Sorcery to v0.701 within the Launcher as I suspect this is why the Mod Launcher didn't detect the same-day/hour "fixes"/later update, even with a forced "Update"/Pre-Sync/Reinstall. It'd be helpful if you can confirm this. :)

NOTICE TO ALL SORCERY USERS

Acknowledge the <1 KB Sorcery Update within the Mod Launcher, whether you think you have the latest or not. If the Update is not showing for you, right-click Sorcery within Manage Modlets and Update. Otherwise, if playing Sorcery vanilla: Pre-Sync Mod on Sorcery directly.

This is v0.7 with no additional changes, other than the version to help the Mod Launcher push updates through: v0.701. As Xylvier discovered, it's possible some people do not have the latest version/fixes for Sorcery, contrary to having "v0.7" installed.

I'll look into this prior to the Lightning update. It's very odd some are having the issue and others not. You aren't using a "carried over" save file from RH or elsewhere, are you?

I can confirm part of this at least.

Tested using a dedicated DF 2.04 + Sorcery 0.7 server. Went through the basic Sorcery quests until the chain was complete. Raised Sorcery to 5, essence/spellcast/fire mastery all to 1 point each. Spirit remains 99/100 in the character tab and in the HUD display. It isn't until I go and give my character some nice Transcendent Sorcerer armor (noticeable +spirit bonuses) and have him wear it that I see increases in Spirit both places.

If time permits, Spirit may just be added as a standalone Resource VS Dual-Stamina Resource. Again, it's very odd this is affecting some DF players and not others.

Acknowledge the <1 KB Sorcery Update within the Mod Launcher, whether you think you have the latest or not. If the Update is not showing for you, right-click Sorcery within Manage Modlets and Update. Otherwise, if playing Sorcery vanilla: Pre-Sync Mod on Sorcery directly.

This is v0.7 with no additional changes, other than the version to help the Mod Launcher push updates through: v0.701. As Xylvier discovered, it's possible some people do not have the latest version/fixes for Sorcery, contrary to having "v0.7" installed.

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

I'll look into this prior to the Lightning update. It's very odd some are having the issue and others not. You aren't using a "carried over" save file from RH or elsewhere, are you?

I don't think so? I personally have never downloaded RH and this happened even with my first save game on a freshly downloaded DF experimental. Thank you so much I don't want to be a bother looking forward to lightning release haha

@Xylvier your Sorcery is not current, for one reason or another. This is old code that does not work properly. If you look at the current (4 days ago) Sorcery Progression on GitHub, the "LTE 0" lines no longer exist, as they didn't work out. I've raised the version of Sorcery to v0.701 within the Launcher as I suspect this is why the Mod Launcher didn't detect the same-day/hour "fixes"/later update, even with a forced "Update"/Pre-Sync/Reinstall. It'd be helpful if you can confirm this. :)

Thanks for pointing that out, i just checked it out and can confirm that the version was not the same as i had.

I don't use the launcher, so i checked in and loaded the newest version manually.

Btw. may i ask if you plan to let fire attacks damage blocks as well?

Maybe with an option, would be interesting to see the fire actually take care of not only zeds but cars and wood doors etc. as well .. in certain situations that can be very helpfull. You know the swissmagic spell XD

Edited by Xylvier (see edit history)

Thanks for pointing that out, i just checked it out and can confirm that the version was not the same as i had.

I don't use the launcher, so i checked in and loaded the newest version manually.

Btw. may i ask if you plan to let fire attacks damage blocks as well?

Maybe with an option, would be interesting to see the fire actually take care of not only zeds but cars and wood doors etc. as well .. in certain situations that can be very helpfull. You know the swissmagic spell XD

No probs. YES on the block damage. For the Lightning update, I'm changing all Spells to do decent block damage based on their Charge / Stack level. Additionally, there'll eventually be a Spell Rune that'll add a good amount of Block Damage to Spells. Utility Spells and more Tool Runes are also planned. :)

I keep getting errors on my server. I placed the Sorcery folder in the /Mods folder on the server and I copied the localization from that folder into the /Data/Localization.xml file at the bottom but nothing. I dont have to install this locally do I? What about the SorceryMod.xml file included in the .zip? Please help, I am trying to use this in conjunction w/ DarnessFalls Overhaul

I keep getting errors on my server. I placed the Sorcery folder in the /Mods folder on the server and I copied the localization from that folder into the /Data/Localization.xml file at the bottom but nothing. I dont have to install this locally do I? What about the SorceryMod.xml file included in the .zip? Please help, I am trying to use this in conjunction w/ DarnessFalls Overhaul

Hi, yes... this must also be installed locally for the resources. Installation instructions for "Modlet"/manual install can be found on the 1st page of this thread. Can you provide more information or a log of the error(s)? Thanks.

FYI: You'll also want to make sure you're installing Sorcery into the Mods folder of the Darkness Falls installation directory VS vanilla.

Hi, yes... this must also be installed locally for the resources. Installation instructions for "Modlet"/manual install can be found on the 1st page of this thread. Can you provide more information or a log of the error(s)? Thanks.

FYI: You'll also want to make sure you're installing Sorcery into the Mods folder of the Darkness Falls installation directory VS vanilla.

Its been resolved on my end. Thank you

I know you probably hating me for finding the multiplayer bugs (especially since the stack one caused a rework of the whole mod) but I got another one that could count as an exploit, but is is kinda minor comparatively speaking. In multiplayer when a person pulls out a spellcast, another player can walk up to them and press E to "take" the spell they just equipped, but it doesn't actually take, it duplicates. So in multiplayer it would be easy to dupe spells...

Reminder: I play P2P not dedicated.

Edit: Tested, and host can take from client and visa versa, and it does indeed take the equipped spell (I switched from 3 diff spellcasts and a compound bow, an Ice, Ice Spike & Ice Storm spellcast, the host took one of each as I switched through but did not get an arrow when I switched to the compound bow.)

Edited by AllPainful (see edit history)

Hi there

I use this mod for the first time, everything work fine except for one thing:

I miss every texture, just got a big purple halo everytime i try to launch a spell.

Can someone help me? =)

(I manually install it and follow every step mentionned in the first post...)

(...) Edit: Tested, and host can take from client and visa versa, and it does indeed take the equipped spell (I switched from 3 diff spellcasts and a compound bow, an Ice, Ice Spike & Ice Storm spellcast, the host took one of each as I switched through but did not get an arrow when I switched to the compound bow.)

This sounds like a vanilla game bug. Spellcast weapons simply use the "catapult" / bow mechanics for shooting and reloading ammo (Spells). This would be directly related to those mechanics, as Sorcery doesn't (nor can) change these mechanics directly to cause this issue. I'll do some thorough testing on P2P and report this directly TFP if I can properly reproduce it.

I use this mod for the first time, everything work fine except for one thing:

I miss every texture, just got a big purple halo everytime i try to launch a spell. ....

Hi Axynours, this sounds like a graphical / GPU glitch or missing Mod Resources folder. A few things to try:

• Update to your latest video card drivers
  • Check 7d2d video settings (try max/min both, restart each time)
  • Test the issue with other particle effects (Torch > Burning)
  • Ensure you're using latest game version: 17.2
  • Reinstall Sorcery

Also, your computer specs would help: GPU, CPU, RAM

after updating sorcery, i faced NRE on accessing skill screen, any advise greatly appreciated, I have ravenhearst and sorcery and minor modlets that doesn't affect skills

Sounds like something is clashing for you. Whether it's RH or one of the other Modlets. There are no recent changes that would trigger an issue in the skill tree. Can you give more information, please: Sorcery version (check console: F1 on startup), Mod Names (other than RH). When did you notice the error and when did you update RH/Sorcery? I know RH was also recently updated.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!