🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Possible bug I've noticed or maybe it's intentional.

Trees spawned into the world by the game, no matter if they are 300, 600, 900, or 1200 hp, if they are the correct type of tree, will end up giving essence of whichever type they are. (Granted you need the correct level of essence mastery.) If a player plants an oak, pine, or blue spruce seed, chopping down the tree while it's still growing (300, 600, or 900 hp), will result in no essence being harvested at all.

I personally have no issue with you saying it is intentionally done this way. I mean, if I've already taking the game time to make tree farms and I haven't hit day 14 yet, I can take the time to wait for trees to be fully grown. :D

Possible bug I've noticed or maybe it's intentional.

If a player plants an oak, pine, or blue spruce seed, chopping down the tree while it's still growing (300, 600, or 900 hp), will result in no essence being harvested at all.

I personally have no issue with you saying it is intentionally done this way. I mean, if I've already taking the game time to make tree farms and I haven't hit day 14 yet, I can take the time to wait for trees to be fully grown. :D

Hey Slowpokie, it's intended that fully grown/mature planted trees only give Essence, while the growing stages don't. Additionally, they give less than wild trees.

I can see where it can be confusing with no in-game references, though. It may be changed later if it becomes a concern or problem. :)

EDIT: Essence Farming has been added to the Sorcery Wiki to help clarify!

Edited by Devrix
Essence Farming added to the Sorcery Wiki (see edit history)

I've a question about this mod, as I just started playing it yesterday. Started on 0.68, and since this has been updated to now 0.69, should I restart? I've only got to the point in the mod's questline where I'm about to craft the Fire Conjure in which spells and such are made.

Noticed above that some things, such as crafting time, and resource rates for gathering have been changed. Will updating from 0.68 bug this do you think? Have no issue about restarting, I'm used to the grind in 7 Days. Just want a less buggy experience going forward, and my instinct says to restart.

Any word of advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I've a question about this mod, as I just started playing it yesterday. Started on 0.68, and since this has been updated to now 0.69, should I restart? I've only got to the point in the mod's questline where I'm about to craft the Fire Conjure in which spells and such are made.

Noticed above that some things, such as crafting time, and resource rates for gathering have been changed. Will updating from 0.68 bug this do you think? Have no issue about restarting, I'm used to the grind in 7 Days. Just want a less buggy experience going forward, and my instinct says to restart.

Any word of advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Greetings! v.68 is stable and there'll be no conflicts in updating with your current game.

It's hard to say whether or not a restart is worth it if you are literally about to place your Conjure. Speeding that process up, temporarily through the intro quest, is the only major benefit of a restart.

Greetings! v.68 is stable and there'll be no conflicts in updating with your current game.

It's hard to say whether or not a restart is worth it if you are literally about to place your Conjure. Speeding that process up, temporarily through the intro quest, is the only major benefit of a restart.

Think I'll go ahead and just keep playing then. I only need clay soil still in order to craft this 'station'. Thank you for the quick response, your mod looks interesting and unique.

Hey Slowpokie, it's intended that fully grown/mature planted trees only give Essence, while the growing stages don't. Additionally, they give less than wild trees.

I can see where it can be confusing with no in-game references, though. It may be changed later if it becomes a concern or problem. :)

EDIT: Essence Farming has been added to the Sorcery Wiki to help clarify!

Thanks Man. :) I'm enjoying this mod a lot. But then, I've said that about all the mods I've tried from Spherri's launcher. :D Your wiki also answered a few more of my questions. Yay for knowledge. As for your advice to "ease into Sorcery, playing as normal"... I've kinda done the exact opposite and think I'm doing pretty well. Fire and Ice are fun. Looking forward to what Lightning brings. Hopefully not Thor. I might be able to beat zombie bears, but I don't think I'd do too well against the god of Lightning and Thunder. :D

Thanks for being smart enough to know how to make a mod like this and for being creative enough to think this up in the first place.

I just want to add that so far this mod has been compatible with the following mods on my server. I got them all from Nexus mods.

Cheers

CCTV

Cornistry

Drconfused_Power_Series1

FarmLife2Mod

Firearms

GarageDoorRotation

JRB_TraditionalZombies_Headshots_FirearmsED

JRB_ZombieLootDrop_15

JunctionBox

Melee

Reinforced DrawbridgeRotation

Really fun mod, especially once you master the Fire element. I've another question though, about Lightning. I can't seem to unlock it, the perk tree just shows next to the checks as 'Disabled'. Not sure if this is a bug, or it isn't yet implemented.

Fire and Ice trees work fine by the way. Thank you again.

Edited by SeekerOS
spelling error corrected (see edit history)

Really fun mod, especially once you master the Fire element. I've another question though, about Lightning. I can't seem to unlock it, the perk tree just shows next to the checks as 'Disabled'. Not sure if this is a bug, or it isn't yet implemented.

Fire and Ice trees work fine by the way. Thank you again.

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Have you tried Ice Storm? :p

If all goes well, Lightning will be implemented end of April.

You shouldn't require a new game when it's released, though, if you wanna start saving up that Lightning Essence!

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Have you tried Ice Storm? :p

If all goes well, Lightning will be implemented end of April.

You shouldn't require a new game when it's released, though, if you wanna start saving up that Lightning Essence!

I have not tried it yet, but will soon. I wanted to give this a try against hordes with 32 Zombies, and found is surprisingly well balanced and effective. Fire and Ice pair well with eachother, both precise hits, and the AoE spells / effects. The particle effects look really nice, and the abilities that come with casting tools once leveled.. kind of make it so you don't need to spend points on other cool perks in vanilla 7 Days.

Really nice work with this mod.

Full compatibility added: Ravenhearst

sorcery-logo-splash.png

Ravenhearst (5.1) and Sorcery are now fully compatible! :)

Manual: Follow the Modlet / Manual install steps of Sorcery and replace the default game directories with your Ravenhearst install.

Mod Launcher: Navigate to Ravenhearst > Manage Modlets > View Available > Sorcery > Download > See "Important" below.

Important: Don't forget to copy Sorcery Localization text into Ravenhearst' Localization.txt, else you won't have in-game text. This can be found within the main Sorcery folder, regardless how you obtained it.

Backup: As always, backup your saves first just in case of an apocalyptic abnormality!

SUPPORT: If you need Sorcery related support, please visit the Sorcery Wiki, Thread or Discord. Support is ensured and patched by Sorcery, not Ravenhearst.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

this works great thank you so much have not got any errors at all wanted to test for a bit before saying this yyou are awesome and this is a fantastic addon to the game adds a whole new side to things

Thanks for the feedback... glad you're enjoying them together! :)

Hello! OK, so I'm not sure if I am an idiot or what. I read the thread. Tried to find documentation... the mod's documentation appears to be this thread?

I have Ravenhearst 5.1 a17.2 and Sorcery installed. I am doing the intro quest. I've built a fire conjure. It tells me I can't build a fire spell because I don't know the recipe. The tooltip tells me I will have to know the recipe.

So. How do I learn the recipe? Is it an item I have to loot... somewhere? How can I get it?

EDIT: OK, there's a skill called fire spellcast and you have to actually buy it. You have to also buy Fire Spell? Anyway, I would like to edit this post as I figure out how this mod works, don't mind me.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
i am a newb (see edit history)

I seem to have encountered something. I started a game, played as normal, but forgot to start the quest from the book you get at the start. I got all the way through the tutorial slog, including meeting the trader, then remembered the book and tried to use it, then it threw up an error when I hit the accept button for the quest. Works just fine on a run that hasn't finished the tutorial stuff though.

Ok, got the error: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Oddly, it also prevents me from exiting the game, giving the same error.

Hi, can you give more information, please:

• Mod Launcher or Manual?
  • Game Version: 17.2 b27?
  • New Game / Existing game?
  • Using Other Mods / Sorcery Only?

Thanks!

Mod Launcher. Latest version of the game. New game. Sorcery is being run clean, other than its own mods... unless there's some sort of cross-contamination going on (I do run multiple instances. But they're supposed to be kept separate by the launcher).

Edit: Correction something strange is going on here. Now there are a fair few modlets enabled. I'll get you a list in a moment. Separate post likely.

Daily Trader Restocks

Delmod: Kitchen Mod

Donovan: Mega Perks, Mega Stacks

Farm Life: Base mod, Icons, Models

Guppycur's Placeable Lights

JaxTeller718 mods: Car Loot Fix, Eggs in Fridges, Faster Vehicles, More Bones, More Quest XP (possible culprit?)

Khelldon's mods: Bigger Buck and Doe, Starter Crate

Learnable Attachment Schematics

Ragsy: Better Gyro Handling

RussianDood: Solar Panel mod

S420: Car Respawner, Bigger Backpacks and Storage

SMX: SMX Hud, Hud Icons, Hud Stats, Encumberance configuration

Snow Berry Farming

Sorcery (of course)

Spherell: Mod localization hook (no idea what this is. I didn't download it on any of my installed packs)

StallionsDens: Mining Machine, Pallets, Store Shelves

Wolfgang: Trader opens at 4:20am

Daily Trader Restocks

Delmod: Kitchen Mod

Donovan: Mega Perks, Mega Stacks

Farm Life: Base mod, Icons, Models

Guppycur's Placeable Lights

JaxTeller718 mods: Car Loot Fix, Eggs in Fridges, Faster Vehicles, More Bones, More Quest XP (possible culprit?)

Khelldon's mods: Bigger Buck and Doe, Starter Crate

Learnable Attachment Schematics

Ragsy: Better Gyro Handling

RussianDood: Solar Panel mod

S420: Car Respawner, Bigger Backpacks and Storage

SMX: SMX Hud, Hud Icons, Hud Stats, Encumberance configuration

Snow Berry Farming

Sorcery (of course)

Spherell: Mod localization hook (no idea what this is. I didn't download it on any of my installed packs)

StallionsDens: Mining Machine, Pallets, Store Shelves

Wolfgang: Trader opens at 4:20am

If you're only getting the error message under the circumstances you mentioned, there's the possibility that you either added or removed a mod that caused a shift in Item ID's. This would trigger the error message for any mod/modlet that adds/removes items.

Unfortunately, I can't provide further support for such a vast list of mods.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!