🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Hi @Devrix, I have my bundles of essences sorted. Thanks to @KhaineGB. All seems to be working at intended.

Talking of working as intended, I can create level 80 arcane armor, but when I repair it, I lose 5 each time. So after 2 repairs I am down to 70.

Is that intended? If so, can you tell me where that is in the xml? I would like to personalize my play through.

I am using v19.5b60, DF 3.4 & S0.944.

Oh yeah and those fallen? They kill me with one hit, so they are a nightmare.

Ah! Good to know. I'll wait for the next updates then. Keep up the good work. 

Nickguy -- this might not be the solution but do check that you have the compatibility patch for Sorcery Mod. That might be what's causing the crash, but I really don't know.  Also check your install folders. Crashes in 7Days like this are usually a result of incorrect mod installation.

Edited by Mochan (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Mochan said:

Ah! Good to know. I'll wait for the next updates then. Keep up the good work. 

Nickguy -- this might not be the solution but do check that you have the compatibility patch for Sorcery Mod. That might be what's causing the crash, but I really don't know.  Also check your install folders. Crashes in 7Days like this are usually a result of incorrect mod installation.

that is what i needed to get it to work i found out a couple days ago. thanks for checkin up 

10 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

are there some runes you cant remove one added to armor? for instance i got a luck rune on my legs and i got some better legs to replace them but i am unable to remove the rune. this a bug or a feature?

Feature, only class runes can be removed and reused. And the Aspect runes.

9 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

did the summon the trio quest. died . went back and they are gone. figured they would be since the quest didnt cancel. should i just manually cancel it or is it still doable?

Any Fallen kills of the required type will count.

sorcery-staves-v096.jpg

SORCERY STAVES + REBALANCE (v0.96) NOW LIVE!

• Major Feature: New Staff Weapon and Mastery for each Element! (Build charges with Primary Attack while Burning, Chilling, Shocking foes. Expend Charges with Secondary Attack to release magical AoE mayhem! Staff Charges carry over to Spells.)
  • Major Feature: Sorcery Difficulty Changer Mods (instructions in #🔑download) 
  • Rebalanced: Complete balance pass of Sorcery, influenced by #📊roundtable-vote
  • Added: Fire Staff Weapon, Mastery, Quest and Nova Spell
  • Added: Ice Staff Weapon , Mastery, Quest and Nova Spell
  • Added: Arcane Chest + Quest (large craftable storage)
  • Added: Mending Potion (mends sprained, broken bones)
  • Added: Legendary Scroll: Energy Regen (Stamina + Spirit Regen)
  • Changed: Chance for Fallen + Wisps to spawn in Desert
  • Changed: Increased mod slots for Sorcerer Armor (+1 per tier)
  • Changed: Hot/Cold resists tied to Fire/Ice Sorcery instead of Weapon
  • Changed: Reduced Spirit Costs for Spells (5,10,20)
  • Changed: Spirit now regens while spell charging
  • Changed: Class Rune drop rate increased on Fallen
  • Changed: Elixir drop rate increased on Fallen
  • Changed: Fire Spellcast Blazing Speed doubled
  • Changed: Spell Turret Spirit Burden removed, repair costs increased
  • Changed: Scrapping + smelting Sorcery Items is drastically faster
  • Changed: Removed unusable Intro Lightning Elixir and Scroll (re-adding in v1.0 Lightning)
  • Changed: Removed Ritual Shards. Ritual Stone recipes changed.
  • Changes & Fixes: Visit the Discord #Changelog

‼️New game is required‼️

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

PLAY WITH DARKNESS FALLS
(COMPATIBILITY PATCH UPDATED TO V1.2)

Follow the instructions below (spoiler) to play Sorcery + Darkness Falls together: 

Spoiler

‼️Install Darkness Falls first! (latest version)
1.) Download DF: http://df-forum.sorcerymod.com/ (or use Mod Launcher)

2.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
3.) Download Compatibility Patch: http://df-download.sorcerymod.com/
4.) Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip AND SorceryCompatibilityDF.zip
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
6.) Drag-n-Drop: The folder (SorceryCompatibilityDF) directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory
7.) Verify Mod Path: (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
8.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

sorcery-discord-logo.png
Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Staff Weapons Now LIVE! (v0.96) 🔥❄️
16 hours ago, Mochan said:

One more question I can't figure out:

How do you activate Aspect runes? It says Press F to activate but this does nothing. 

Try re-equipping your gear or Hold F when activating multiple Auras/Mods.

Hi everyone. I don't know if this has been already reported before, but I noticed there's something wrong with the "Wisps" audio.

I thought it was a bad setting or cabling on my part, but I realized the rest of the sound comes from the right direction.

In the case of Wisps (can't remember the name) instead, I get the sound from basically the opposite direction they come from!

Did anyone else notice this? :suspicious:

17 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hi everyone. I don't know if this has been already reported before, but I noticed there's something wrong with the "Wisps" audio.

I thought it was a bad setting or cabling on my part, but I realized the rest of the sound comes from the right direction.

In the case of Wisps (can't remember the name) instead, I get the sound from basically the opposite direction they come from!

Did anyone else notice this? :suspicious:

I have noticed something similar, but I thought that that was an artifact of the base game's handling of distant sound?

18 minutes ago, VicWint said:

Well... when I take my headphones off and put them back on backwards, they wisps sound still seems to come from the wrong direction.

Yeah lol, I did the same, because the problem is it's not just a L/R thing, the sound comes from the completely opposite dirction! (front/back) :nod:

On 9/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, Jost Amman said:

Yeah lol, I did the same, because the problem is it's not just a L/R thing, the sound comes from the completely opposite dirction! (front/back) :nod:

That happens when they are distant.

When they are close, the sound comes from the right direction.

9 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Oh, ok, in that case I shouldn't have reported that as a bug... it's perfectly normal. :confused2:

It's definitely a bug, and you should have reported it.

But unless there's something specific about the sound file format, or something of that nature, I am pretty sure that this is a bug in the base game -- like maybe TFP have been using an approximation which gets messed up when the sound is too distant.

1 hour ago, VicWint said:

It's definitely a bug, and you should have reported it.

But unless there's something specific about the sound file format, or something of that nature, I am pretty sure that this is a bug in the base game -- like maybe TFP have been using an approximation which gets messed up when the sound is too distant.

The inverted sound issues are a base game limitation in how the engine processes "3d"  positional audio. All Sorcery audio is planned to be downsampled to basic stereo to work around the limitation. 🍻

Sneak peek at the new Aspect Rune Aura VFX! Vote on whether or not the effects should persist or vanish after activation in the Sorcery Discord:

A Always | As-Is: VFX on activation and while aura remains activated.

B Always | Reduced FX: VFX on activation and while aura remains activated but reduce persistent VFX.

C Activation Only: VFX on activation with no persistent effects while aura remains active.

sorcery-discord-logo.png
Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!