🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

I need help... I do the fire quest line and get to the final one where you kill the fallen sorcerer... I kill her and nothing happens, I killed her with fire and I have tried this in 4 different games and the quest doesn't complete... Any way to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

为什么不通过Google运行它自己翻译呢?

大多数改装者只会说一种语言。因此,我们使用自己的语言制作mod。不要抱怨。

Hello, if you use Google Translate, it will cause a lot of incomprehensibility. Because Google Translate has a lot of wrong words and does not understand what it means, I came here for help.

sorcery-header-v09-fire.png

FEATURES

Play 7 Days to Die as a balanced post apocalyptic zombie vanquishing Sorcerer. Through training and discovery, you'll learn how to deport the undead straight back to hell by casting elemental spells of Fire, Ice and Lightning.
• Vanilla game 100% untouched, add-only policy!
• Balanced around vanilla gameplay, you must train to gain and sustain your power!
• Unique animations, art, effects and sounds for spells and items
New Spells: Craft, Master and Upgrade 5 Spells per element!
New Enemies: Touched, Fallen (Champion), Awakened (Boss), Ancient (Raid)
New Attributes: Sorcery, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Resource: Spirit (mana required to perform all Sorcery)
New Dual Skill Tree and Perks: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Crafting: Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, Resources
New Armor Sets: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Masteries: Alchemy, Runesmithing, Spirit, Essence, Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
Play-style: Sorcerer (Spellcaster)
Play-style: Alchemist (Potions, Bombs)
Play-style: Archer Mage (Spell Arrows) 
Play-style: Gun Mage (Spell Ammo)
Play-style: Melee Mage (Spell Weapons)
Weapon Abilities: Primary, Secondary, Passive and Charge abilities
Rune Mods: Harness the power of Runes to augment your weapons, armor and gear!
Alchemy: Craft Potions, Elixirs and Bombs
Sexy Loot: Item Sets, Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls and more!

SORCERY UPDATED 8/29 (v0.908)

Sorcery is finally back for A19! You can expect bi-weekly/monthly updates from here out:

Fixed: Fire Spell was missing/destroying on impact
Fixed: Arcane Armor Set Quest NRE (game won't allow going up to 10 items)
Fixed: Arcane Wheel NRE (targeting non-Fire Armors)
Fixed: Arrow Recipes Missing
Fixed: General Quest Issues
Added: Skill Book & Recipe (+1 Skill Point for x1 Skill Elixir) 
Changed: Fire Skill Elixir can be used directly (no need for toolbelt placement)

NEW GAME REQUIRED: Sorry, vanilla does not like when we alter Quests mid-game.

SORCERY UPDATED 8/29 (v0.909)

Changed: Sorcerer Armor Repair Costs drastically reduced 
Fixed: Spellcast Weapon Crafting Costs not scaling up properly

DARKNESS FALLS: Sorcery and Darkness Falls should be fully compatible. Do not include "Deep Pockets" from the download if using the two together. Simply drop the "Sorcery" folder into the "Mods" folder of your DF install. Let Khaine and I know in #🔗darkness-falls if you run into any issues!

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Edited by Devrix
Sorcery Updated 8/29 - v0.909 (see edit history)

For some reason I cannot get started with this mod. I can find magical items, mostly Essence and Ammunition of various forms as loot, but I cannot craft any of the stations as i'm unable to find Omni Essence. Anyone have any ideas as to what could've gone wrong here?

5 minutes ago, Tokiko846 said:

For some reason I cannot get started with this mod. I can find magical items, mostly Essence and Ammunition of various forms as loot, but I cannot craft any of the stations as i'm unable to find Omni Essence. Anyone have any ideas as to what could've gone wrong here?

You have to follow the Sorcery Intro Quest (purple book when starting new game). Also, be sure you're using latest version 0.909 (top right). Omni Essence is in the resource tab of the Spellforge Station. Feed Essence to the forge in order to craft.

1 minute ago, Tokiko846 said:

So the game had failed to give me the quest then, that clears things up. I'll look into mod incompatibilities then. Thank you so much!

My pleasure. Though Sorcery is highly compatible with Mods natively (Pure XML), only Darkness Falls has had special treatment. More coming later!

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

Yo, we're back working on medieval II; looking forward to integrating once we're done. 😃  (probably end of year, beginning of next)

unknown.png

Ah, better bet we'll do a full integration! ;)
...also, 'bout @%$*#!in' time 😝

FEATURES

Play 7 Days to Die as a balanced post apocalyptic zombie vanquishing Sorcerer. Through training and discovery, you'll learn how to deport the undead straight back to hell by casting elemental spells of Fire, Ice and Lightning.
• Balanced around vanilla gameplay, you must train to gain and sustain your power!
New Crafting: Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, Resources
New Masteries: Alchemy, Runesmithing, Spirit, Essence, Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning

SORCERY UPDATED 9/1 (v0.91)

Sorcery is finally back for A19! You can expect bi-weekly/monthly updates from here out:

Added: Door Shatter Rune (Break through doors with magical force) (Spellcasts, Weapons, Tools)
Added: Lock Shatter Rune now also applies to Locked Chests
Added: Lock Shatter Rune can now go into Spellcasts, Weapons, Tools
Added: Fire Sorcery Attribute grants +50% Essence Harvest at Novice, Adept, Expert, Master
Added: Touched now have +15% chance to drop Loot per Element
Added: Spell Arrows/Bolts shoot farther based on Tier
Changed: Crafting Cost Scaling
(Initially higher costs that Decrease with Parent Attribute; Further Decrease with Skill investment)
Changed: Arcane Vision auto-activate (flickering) less annoying
Changed: Spell Light Rune auto-activate (flickering) less annoying
Changed: Fire Essence Melt Time Halved
Changed: Various Craft Times Halved
Changed: Spell Ammo Scroll slightly nerfed
Changed: Fallen impact damage halved
Changed: Fallen natural regen halved
Changed: Touched damage reduced
Fixed: Vanilla bug affecting Kill Credit and XP for Spell/Buff Kills
Fixed: Recipe Scaling Costs will only ever affect base resource (ex. Powder, Extract)
Fixed: Lock Shatter Rune was unintentionally left 10x stronger 
Fixed: Tags missing on Sorcerer Armor
Fixed: Localization (Rune Mastery, Fallen Trio, Blazing)
Fixed: Intro Summon Quests unintentionally shareable
Fixed: Spirit Mastery was disabled!
Fixed: Spell Ammo Scroll would rarely cause NRE
Fixed: Lightning Touched missing scaling
SAFE TO UPDATE WITHOUT RESTARTING

New game should not be required; backup as always.

DARKNESS FALLS: Sorcery and Darkness Falls should be fully compatible. Do not include "Deep Pockets" from the download if using the two together. Simply drop the "Sorcery" folder into the "Mods" folder of your DF install. Let Khaine and I know in #🔗darkness-falls if you run into any issues!

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

sorcery-discord-logo.png

SORCERY UPDATED 9/2 (v0.911)

Added: Lucky Dukes Rune (+Dukes Loot, Stackable)
Added: Lucky Potions Rune (+Potions Loot, Stackable)
Added: Lucky Scrolls Rune (+Scrolls Loot, Stackable)
Added: Lucky Ammo Rune (+Ammo Loot, Stackable)
Added: Lucky Spells Rune (+Spells Loot, Stackable)
Added: Lucky Fire Essence Rune (+Fire Essence Harvest, Stackable)
Changed: Skill Elixir chance increased on Fallen
Changed: Quest Book chance increased on Fallen
Changed: Chance for any Fallen type in any Biome
Changed: Decreased Fallen Horde Spawns

DOWNLOAD: #🔑download (#📌changelog)
MOD LAUNCHER: Sorcery A19 is also live on the Mod Launcher!

SORCERY UPDATED 9/5 (v0.912)

Added: Official DF Compatibility Patch
Added: Explosive Shield, New Adept Spellcast Ability
(Spell Charges grant an Explosive Shield that burns and explodes attackers while raising your defenses)
Added: Burning Ground FX for Blazing Secondary Ability
Changed: Fire Spellcast Secondary Ability unlocks at Level 1 Spellcast Mastery (Move with Blazing speed that Incinerates nearby foes)
Changed: Scroll Duration halved
Fixed: Scroll Code further Optimized
Fixed: Lock Shatter works on Treasure Chests

DOWNLOAD: #🔑download (#📌changelog)
MOD LAUNCHER: Sorcery A19 is also live on the Mod Launcher!

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

FULL COMPATIBILITY - DARKNESS FALLS

Sorcery has been made fully compatible with the latest Darkness Falls:
1.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com/
2.) Download Compatibility Patch: http://df-download.sorcerymod.com/
3.) Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip AND SorceryCompatibilityDF.zip 
4.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery ), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (SorceryCompatibilityDF) directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods)
6.) Verify Mod Path: (\Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
7.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

Burn them all! In my game the biomes are littered with taunting chickens. The old mundane me would quietly try to shoot them with arrows and miss... lots. Now reborn as a fire sorcerer I can run them over and watch as their life force burns into oblivion! 😁 Hoping Ice is next in the big update it's a fav from a17.

2 hours ago, damonvile said:

How does Fire flight work ? When I jump holding right click nothing really happens.  Is it something I'm not doing right or is it not working atm ?

Make sure you've unlocked it under Spellcast Mastery first. Once unlocked, you'll jump super high and be immune to Fall Damage while channeling AND you have enough Spirit.

FEATURES

SORCERY UPDATED 9/9 (v0.913)

Added: Unlocked Supporter Treasury
Added: Exclusive Supporter Recipes
Added: Exclusive Supporter Buffs
Added: Exclusive Supporter Items
Added: Astryel’s Eternal Youth Rune
Added: Touched Vultures (just for Dragoness)
Changed: Shatter Runes raise damage for Arrows/Bolts, making Bows/Crossbows more effective
Changed: Thread Repair Costs Halved
Fixed: Servers experiencing negative Spirit/Regen

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

MOD LAUNCHER

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

PLAY WITH DARKNESS FALLS

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get start

Spoiler

1.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
4.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (SorceryCompatibilityDF AND 1-DarknessFalls) directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory
6.) Verify Mod Path: (\Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
7.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

CREDIT

👑Supporters

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Live Stream Chat Tonight (9:00 PM, GMT-4)

Tonight at 9:00 PM (GMT-4), I am personally going live in 🎤Live Voice Stream for some Sorcery v0.92 QnA and Familiar Testing with our Supporters! Live Voice Chat will be open to @everyone (Push to Talk). #💬general will be used for non-voice chatting. Some gameplay will be on the new official Dedicated Sorcery Server and some offline. There'll be other streams to join too, so grab a drink and share some Sorcery excite with us!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

FEATURES

Recall-Scroll.png

SORCERY UPDATED 9/21 (v0.914)

Added: A19.1 Compatibility
Added: Recall Scroll (Teleport to or near your Bedroll by expending all remaining Spirit)
Fixed: Minor incompatibilities with A19.1
Fixed: Isolated Server/P2P stuttering :heart_exclamation:
Fixed: Spirit subtraction bug
Fixed: Astryael's Eternal Youth Rune granted immortality :rofl:
Partial Fix: Missing particle/spell FX in A19.1
Partial Fix: Server/Client fails to remove Particle FX
Changed: Spell Light a lot brighter / more functional
Changed: Arcane Vision marks Fallen/Arcane Entities on map
Changed: Sexier Fallen + Book Loot
NOTE: A19.1 currently has an issue properly attaching particles to Animals. This forced us to attach certain FX, such as Firenado & Meteor, to entities in an undesirable way that causes a couple visual sores. Doesn't impact gameplay, purely cosmetic. Will be reverted back once A19.1 resolves this.
 New game is required for this update

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

MOD LAUNCHER

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

PLAY WITH DARKNESS FALLS

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get start

Spoiler

1.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
4.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (SorceryCompatibilityDF AND 1-DarknessFalls) directly into the Mods folder (\7 Days To Die Overhaul Mod Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory

CREDIT

👑Supporters

sorcery-discord-logo.png

sorcery-v092.png

SORCERY UPDATED V0.92 (9/27) - PUBLIC 2-3 WEEKS

Major Feature: Pet Familiars (Follow, Attack, Abilities, Upgradeable, Skill Tree)
Major Feature: Spell Turrets (Portable Trap Companion)
Added: Arcane Familiar Pet
Added: Arcane Familiar Skill Tree (Radiant, Healing, Dispelling, Shielding)
Added: Fire Spell Turret + Ammo
Added: Spell Turret Runes (Starcaller, Burning Aura)
Added: Spell Turret Skill Tree (Incinerate, Explosive, Wild, Meteor)
Added: New Scrolls (Essence Find, Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
Added: New Runes (Augment Hunger, XP, Mining, Logging, Digging)
Added: Quests and Skill Grimoires for Familiar, Enchanting, Spell Turret
Added: Unique Rune Crafting Station (enables tabs per Element and interesting Recipes)
Added: Buff XP/Kill Credit workaround for vanilla issues (no more missed kill credit)
Added: Arcane Vision Scroll reveals all nearby Fallen (onscreen icons)
Changed: Crafting Stations now contain tabs for each Element
Changed: Various improvements (Recipes, QoL)
Fixed: Zero Spirit issue caused by raising/lowering Max Spirit
‼️New game is required‼️
DOWNLOAD: #🔑silver-key #🔑gold-key (#📌changelog)
SUPPORTER EXLUSIVE: Public Release ETA 2-3 Weeks

CREDIT

👑Supporters

sorcery-discord-logo.png

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 is now LIVE! (v0.92) 🔥

Works great on our windows PCs, and even on our Linux PCs, but on the Linux PCs, all magical effects are huge pink boxes. It makes the mod functionally useless to play with. All the items, skill trees, and spells work, but the pink boxes, visually make it a nightmare.

We have installed and restarted dozens of times and are certain it is not the game itself, the computer hardware, or the installation.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Settings? Additional files?

10 minutes ago, ZyffTB said:

Works great on our windows PCs, and even on our Linux PCs, but on the Linux PCs, all magical effects are huge pink boxes. It makes the mod functionally useless to play with. All the items, skill trees, and spells work, but the pink boxes, visually make it a nightmare.

We have installed and restarted dozens of times and are certain it is not the game itself, the computer hardware, or the installation.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Settings? Additional files?

I've heard feedback that using DirectX 11 (Launcher) solves this issue for platforms that support it. Also, I'll look into a multiplatform export solution for the unity assets. 🧙‍♂️

Just now, Devrix said:

I've heard feedback that using DirectX 11 (Launcher) solves this issue for platforms that support it. Also, I'll look into a multiplatform export solution for the unity assets. 🧙‍♂️

My group and I would greatly appreciate it.  We will look into the DX11 possibility.  Though I would say a Linux/Ubuntu specific export would obviously be amazing.  Most our group are Linux players, and we love you mode, so we want to find a way to enjoy it.  :)

Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

5 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

I'm guessing given the UI changes in War of the Walkers, this wouldn't be compatible, correct (even skipping Deep Pockets)?

Most mods will require a compatibility patch. DF is the only one fully supported atm. WotW is on the list, next to RH. Likely after Ice and Lightning are implemented.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!