🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Is this what it's supposed to look like?

Edit:

I found my problem. I followed your instructions on how to add to the localization file. I was going to post a copy of the file here to have you check it and see what I did wrong. That's when I discovered that when I thought I had saved the file, apparently I hadn't. It's all working now.

skills.jpg.c6b7b0f967c469d161e2982437b33fde.jpg

Sorcery.jpg.6e6b09bc3ab98a10cc83f5f60067f3bb.jpg

Edited by Winterhart
Fixed the problem (see edit history)

I have the localization file! I installed per the instructions given. I'm NOT stupid!

Never said you were. I gave you a concise answer; at the very least, you knew where to look, to solve it on your own. So there no need to continue pm'ing me accusing me of not being helpful. Have a good day.

looking forward to playing this interested in how it will play with RavenHearst

Sorcery should integrate smoothly with most mods/modlets, given the pure xml nature and no removing/altering approach.

Would love to hear back on your experience if you give it a go!

Alrighty guys, so I'm a few hours into playing a vanilla Sorcery playthrough....

As you can see from this pic, you cannot just start the game off as a badass Sorcerer... similar to how you can't start a new game with infinite rockets, ak47 ammo, etc. lol

devrix_1st_sorcery_playthrough.thumb.jpg.438f53f138d3f4936bce26a472b574bd.jpg

Let's see....

• Encumbered max (yes, I'm a scavenger!)
  • Broken leg
  • and was overheating before finding the duster lol

HOWEVER, I did make a million pit stops at POI's (120m days) instead of jumping right into Sorcery.

Ok, so I wanna give a heads up and another beginner tip:

• The Sorcery Intro Quest will "reimburse" your initial Sorcery skill points, essentially granting you free tier 1 Fire Spell and weapon access... so don't be discouraged over the initial "cost" of becoming a Sorcerer. It should take some work after all.
  • Get at least two points into Essence Mastery ASAP and harvest boulders for fast Essence.
  • Using Molotov Cocktails on groups is a good pre-fire spell substitute.

In future updates, I'll be adding a handful of Sorcery Quests that'll grant skill points for Sorcery to help progression.

These will be craftable at a Conjure, some found in loot and others at a trader.

Anyway, just wanted to share... the work required to get to crafting Spells is worth it! :)

Thank you for a beautiful Mod! And I like how you did the install.

I was wondering if I could do Japanese translations for it, so that I can distribute it to my Japanese friends for them to play.

I wouldn't be changing anything else, just translating all the words in the game to Japanese so that they can understand how to play it.

Thank you for a beautiful Mod! And I like how you did the install.

I was wondering if I could do Japanese translations for it, so that I can distribute it to my Japanese friends for them to play.

I wouldn't be changing anything else, just translating all the words in the game to Japanese so that they can understand how to play it.

Absolutely, and thank you... glad you like it so far! :)

Edit: also, thank you for changing my forum title from "Scavenger" to "Survivor" with this post haha

Sorcery should integrate smoothly with most mods/modlets, given the pure xml nature and no removing/altering approach.

Would love to hear back on your experience if you give it a go!

Ravenhearst overhaul compatability

dont know if this is god or bad since I have not loaded and played it yet but did gt this while the server was loading

2019-03-01T04:21:02 116.638 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/progression/attributes/attribute[@name=attIntellect]"

2019-03-01T04:21:02 116.638 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/skills"

and started saved game fine but when I hit tab and hit the skills menu get an NRE will see if I get the same when I start a new game on my comp

nope even on single player get the NRE when I open the skills menu

Edited by Bluman (see edit history)

dont know if this is god or bad since I have not loaded and played it yet but did gt this while the server was loading

2019-03-01T04:21:02 116.638 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/progression/attributes/attribute[@name=attIntellect]"

2019-03-01T04:21:02 116.638 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/skills"

and started saved game fine but when I hit tab and hit the skills menu get an NRE will see if I get the same when I start a new game on my comp

nope even on single player get the NRE when I open the skills menu

i dare say it is a compatability issue between the 2 mods. I dont have ravenhearst and I dont have that issue. You.

maybe go thru sorcery and RH progression file and see what is clashing.

i dare say it is a compatability issue between the 2 mods. I dont have ravenhearst and I dont have that issue. You.

maybe go thru sorcery and RH progression file and see what is clashing.

yep had to do that when I wanted the farm mod with the cows in darkfalls lol Devrix wanted to know if it would work or not so figured I would share my findings

Hey Devrix

Thank you for this awesome mod. i started a new save yesterday and played my first day.

As i only played one hour, i can't exactly give you much feedback right now but i noticed something that i wanted to share with you:

the fire essence is best gathered by going to bunt biome and gathering the burnt trees (oil and coal arent exactly an option earlygame as digging takes too long). i noticed that the small thin burnt trees dont give the essence (chopped down 5-6 of them and got none) maybe its intentional or maybe not, i just thought i'd tell you about it :)

additional to that i noticed that out of the different burnt trees (300 hp, 900 hp, 1200 hp) all trees give you 2 pieces of essence. (just 1 skillpoint in motherloade, using a stoneaxe) i kinda expected the bigger trees to give me more essence. again: could be intended. not a complaint just an observation :)

really looking forward to play again today and continue my way to be a mastersorcerer :)

it will not work with Darkfalls or with ravenhearst because they are complete overhauls not modlets yes they can be made to work by editing the progression in Darkfalls or Ravenhearst but if you do that please know dont go to owners of those overhauls for help it is to hard for them to know what all you have changed so just be aware of that and who knows maybe Devrix can come up with a solution for those overhauls to make it work there are alot of nice people and great modders on these forums that do all they can to help each other and have seen there is not much they cant do once they put there heads together

It's true that the complete overhaul mods (most likely) are going to be a PITA due to the massive amount of core game changes they make.

HOWEVER, I'm convinced it can't be THAT difficult and will take a peek at it.

Ultimately, it'll be up to the owners of the incompatible mods if they want to "adapt" Sorcery to their mod, which they are absolutely welcome and encouraged to do. I'll work with them to reasonable extents to help ensure compatibility.

Hey Devrix

Thank you for this awesome mod. i started a new save yesterday and played my first day.

As i only played one hour, i can't exactly give you much feedback right now but i noticed something that i wanted to share with you:

the fire essence is best gathered by going to bunt biome and gathering the burnt trees (oil and coal arent exactly an option earlygame as digging takes too long). i noticed that the small thin burnt trees dont give the essence (chopped down 5-6 of them and got none) maybe its intentional or maybe not, i just thought i'd tell you about it :)

additional to that i noticed that out of the different burnt trees (300 hp, 900 hp, 1200 hp) all trees give you 2 pieces of essence. (just 1 skillpoint in motherloade, using a stoneaxe) i kinda expected the bigger trees to give me more essence. again: could be intended. not a complaint just an observation :)

really looking forward to play again today and continue my way to be a mastersorcerer :)

Hey there, glad you're liking it so far!

These were intentional, but after starting a playthrough myself I see what you're saying and agree 100%.

The next release will have these changes and a few others. :)

Wew Nice mods thank soo much and i'm sorry for bad english cuz İ'm Türkish.İ tryed with DF but when click skills i get error :S

But i hope it will fix :)

Thanks so much again for this mods @Devrix

I've added a compatible/incompatible list to the main thread, along with a notice to all modders stating that I'll work with them to reasonable extents to help make Sorcery compatible with their mod.

Overhauls, especially, as stated will require "upkeep" and constant balancing on the mod owners end.

Sorcery is intended to play nice and be used by anyone and everyone. I'm sure as the popularity of Sorcery grows, so too will the interest of doing the extra required steps of integrating into existing mods.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!