🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

7 hours ago, dragonslayer770 said:

the buttons in deep pockets modlet are broke and the name is overlapping the fp's buttons.

Did you install the new version?  They added some deposit buttons to the base game in one of the recent experimental versions which broke a few things but Devrix already put out a fixed version over on the Deep Pockets page.

1 hour ago, TheGreatShmoo00 said:

Did you install the new version?  They added some deposit buttons to the base game in one of the recent experimental versions which broke a few things but Devrix already put out a fixed version over on the Deep Pockets page.

9 hours ago, dragonslayer770 said:

the buttons in deep pockets modlet are broke and the name is overlapping the fp's buttons.

Deep Pockets was updated a few days ago, fixing both issues :)

http://deeppockets.sorcerymod.com

I have to admit I'm a bit confused, I am looking at the instructions and it says to open the 'game file locilization-quests.txt' but there just.. isn't one? I found the standard localization file to copy over... but the quest one...please help? ^^; I'm very new to using mods. 

Scratch that, I went through 7d2d mod launcher instead....However....
I followed the drop down step by step, as it's written... the Mod Launcher claims everything was installed properly.. But after clicking Play Mod... it just boots up like the run of the mill game.. Nothing different that I can see? Supposed to be a class tree / branch for the different elements right? How can I tell early on if this is working? 

scratch that toooooo just saw the post on the 2nd to last page, I'mma just sit quietly and wait for the full release. My gaming partners and I are super excited / amped up to try this as our first ever mod, so we were in a tizzy trying to get it to work x3

Edited by FenrirUnchained (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 Releases End of Month! 🔥❄️⚡
4 hours ago, jasonsaffle13 said:

I assume Alpha 19 stable and Sorcery are getting along?

Very much so! If all continues going well, Sorcery A19 will release this Friday the 28th. The Fire Skill Tree will be fully playable, along with a host of additional features and perks! :)
sorc-a19-sorcererdesk.png

7 hours ago, Devrix said:

Very much so! If all continues going well, Sorcery A19 will release this Friday the 28th. The Fire Skill Tree will be fully playable, along with a host of additional features and perks! :)
sorc-a19-sorcererdesk.png

Got a fresh install of new stable, AND a Darkness Falls fresh installed waiting and ready for this :D

I have been waiting to get to play Sorcery mod got hooked on it in 16. Loved it even more in 17 and missed a ton during 18.  Can't wait til I get to play it I hope very soon. I will be pairing it with Darkness falls if it is compatible and stream it. Thanks for all the work you have done and will do.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 (Fire) Releases Friday, Early AM (GMT-4)! 🔥❄️⚡
12 hours ago, Colin248 said:

just a curious question! does this mod also add new zombie types to the game per chance? what with all this power having more things to use it on sounds fun. :D 

Oh yes, there are 4 new types added:

Touched: All zeds have a chance to become infused with one or all of the Elements, Better Loot

ChampionSpellcasting Sorcerer Priests of Each Element, Rare Loot

Boss: Spellcasting Awakened of Each Element, Legendary Loot

Raid Boss: Spellcasting Ancient of Each Element, Transcendent Loot

*** All of which completely scale with "Player Tier / GS"

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Colin248 said:

just a curious question! does this mod also add new zombie types to the game per chance? what with all this power having more things to use it on sounds fun. :D 

If you watched the Alpha Demo playthrough last week you would have seen that they did reskin some of them to match the Sorcery Theme, there are creatures called Fallen, mostly female that I saw that use the Screamer body retextured using an Element Theme. Edit: This was answered by Devrix as I was typing.

Edited by LordRhys
Answered while I was typing (see edit history)

sorcery-a19-logo-v09.png

Sorcery A19 Fire Tomorrow

The Fire Release of Sorcery A19 is going public tomorrow: Friday (8/28), Early AM (GMT-4).

You'll be able to Download directly here or through the Mod Launcher.

For those of you that may not know, Sorcery A19 was completely redesigned from the ground up for A19. This process only began after helping to crush bugs in A19 Experimental. To ensure quality, each Element is being redesigned from the ground up and released individually. Tomorrow's release contains the fully playable Fire Element, along with a handful of goodies!

Though there's A LOT of fun to be had for many hours with this release, Sorcery will never be "done". There's an OCEAN of plans to continue growing for a very long time. I say this because there's been a handful of comments toward Sorcery and other mods of "oh, I'm not playing until it's done or stable!". I say to you Good Sirs, "we'll never be done". By waiting for a never-gonna-happen done/stable release, you're only robbing yourself of a hella'fun time! 😉

With that said, I've literally put A TON of time and care into this redesign and truly hope you all have yourselves a hell of a good time tomorrow! You can look forward to bi-weekly/monthly updates going forward.... we're back in business! 🧙‍♂️

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

sorcery-header-v09-fire.png

FEATURES

Play 7 Days to Die as a balanced post apocalyptic zombie vanquishing Sorcerer. Through training and discovery, you'll learn how to deport the undead straight back to hell by casting elemental spells of Fire, Ice and Lightning.
• Vanilla game 100% untouched, add-only policy!
• Balanced around vanilla gameplay, you must train to gain and sustain your power!
• Unique animations, art, effects and sounds for spells and items
New Spells: Craft, Master and Upgrade 5 Spells per element!
New Enemies: Touched, Fallen (Champion), Awakened (Boss), Ancient (Raid)
New Attributes: Sorcery, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Resource: Spirit (mana required to perform all Sorcery)
New Dual Skill Tree and Perks: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Crafting: Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, Resources
New Armor Sets: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
New Masteries: Alchemy, Runesmithing, Spirit, Essence, Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
Play-style: Sorcerer (Spellcaster)
Play-style: Alchemist (Potions, Bombs)
Play-style: Archer Mage (Spell Arrows) 
Play-style: Gun Mage (Spell Ammo)
Play-style: Melee Mage (Spell Weapons)
Weapon Abilities: Primary, Secondary, Passive and Charge abilities
Rune Mods: Harness the power of Runes to augment your weapons, armor and gear!
Alchemy: Craft Potions, Elixirs and Bombs
Sexy Loot: Item Sets, Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls and more!

LATEST VERSION: A19 (v0.9) - FIRE

Sorcery is finally back for A19! You can expect bi-weekly/monthly updates from here out.

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

sorcery-discord-logo.png

26 minutes ago, Leaffallinglight said:

Is there a Chinese version? Don't understand translation. Can anyone help to make the Chinese version? thank you very much

Why not run it through google translate yourself?

Most modders only speak one language. So we make our mods in our language. Don't complain about that.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Why not run it through google translate yourself?

Most modders only speak one language. So we make our mods in our language. Don't complain about that.

I think that all languages are equally important, but if I wrote everything only in my native language, most players wouldn't be interested in my mods, as they wouldn't understand them. ;) It's always better to provide as many different translations as possible. Of course it'd be naive to expect one guy to produce all kinds of different translations all by himself, but we are a community and I've seen volunteers who translated popular mods to different languages, maybe someone will do it in this case as well.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!