🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

oh man. once you get used to the channeling, speed and jump height it's just to awesome. bicycle is for loosers :p

wanna mob them up? just activate freezing aura :)

is it wai that i can stack multiple of the same type of runes with different levels?

as for the problem of missing out on the base mods/armor benefits etc, why not add your effects on top of existing stuff? i.e. the mod that gathers more wood - just add that to the essence harvesting augments.

i feel like once you have all the essence unlocked it takes a bit to much backback space. would be awesome to have a rune that not only increases essence gathering, but also disables the other 2 at the same time (automatic transformation of all others to that single element?)

the "fire spreading" mechanic is out of control, once more than 2 Z's are together, killing multiple Z-Bears in 2-3 shots :p But the general mechanic to light up the bigger targets, so the small ones just die with it is awesome!

iam still using only t1 spells. feels good :D

edit:

haha the fire dunking attack :D awesome ideas!

Edited by voodoov (see edit history)

SORCERY (v0.692) - STABLE HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE

v0.692 Stable Hotfix Now LIVE

This stable hotfix patch includes a couple fixes for multiplayer and players of Ravenhearst. This patch does not require a restart.

FIXED: Spellcast could disappear while channeling Secondary in multiplayer

FIXED: Runes not going into certain Sorcerer Armor

FIXED: Sorcerer Armor Stats (Ravenhearst/Higher Quality Tiers)

QOL: Spells now shoot through bars and similar objects

QOL: Spells/Spellcasts no longer shift-click into Conjure Fuel Slot

UPDATED: Localization

INCREASED: Lock Shatter Rune loot chance

sorcery-lock-shatter-rune-mod.png

NOTE: All Spells are pending an overhaul/balance pass with the upcoming Lightning Update. This will address concerns regarding spell damage, stacking and synergies.

REMINDER: Sorcerer Armor gains Armor and Weather Resistance based on its Quality not Rarity. For mods, like RH, that add tiers of Quality beyond that of vanilla, all armor will automatically receive max of these specific to avoid releasing separate patches for mods.

That new rune looks handy. . :fat: And it looks like you're designing it so we can stack runes in the same item, which is a nice option for strategy (assuming enough Mastery ranks to handle the burden to spirit).

That new rune looks handy. . :fat: And it looks like you're designing it so we can stack runes in the same item, which is a nice option for strategy (assuming enough Mastery ranks to handle the burden to spirit).

For sure on the stacking strategy... burden management :p

Lock Shatter's been around for awhile, just rare. Upped Tier 1 drop chance to find it a little easier... it's especially nice to have early on!

I ve got a Ravenhearst 5.12 + Sorcery 0.69 server running:

Host: gamesucker.ddns.net / Port: 26900

You can join using mod-launcher:

Install RH V5.12 + add mod Sorcery !

.... or download the complete client here:

http://7days.gamesucker.de/

Would be nice to see you!

Rules: No cheating / bug using / PvE only!

Very cool! Let me know if you guys run into any server flukes. :)

oh man. once you get used to the channeling, speed and jump height it's just to awesome. bicycle is for loosers :p

wanna mob them up? just activate freezing aura :)

is it wai that i can stack multiple of the same type of runes with different levels?

as for the problem of missing out on the base mods/armor benefits etc, why not add your effects on top of existing stuff? i.e. the mod that gathers more wood - just add that to the essence harvesting augments.

i feel like once you have all the essence unlocked it takes a bit to much backback space. would be awesome to have a rune that not only increases essence gathering, but also disables the other 2 at the same time (automatic transformation of all others to that single element?)

the "fire spreading" mechanic is out of control, once more than 2 Z's are together, killing multiple Z-Bears in 2-3 shots :p But the general mechanic to light up the bigger targets, so the small ones just die with it is awesome!

iam still using only t1 spells. feels good :D

edit:

haha the fire dunking attack :D awesome ideas!

Glad you're having fun! :D

Rune stacking of the various Sorcery Rarities (Uncommon -> Transcendent) is fully intentional. The catch: you have to spec into Rune Mastery to "sustain" the power of the Runes, else you'll send your Spirit into Degen :p

Regarding the Essences and backpack space, it's an issue I'm contemplating a resolution to. I'm considering moving the "unlocking" of any Essence into their respective Mastery, while Essence Mastery will remain a multiplier only (also responsible for unlocking Rituals).

Possibly just me, but is anyone else having a bug in non-dedicated multiplayer (P2P) where the non-host can not stack Burn? No matter how many times a zombie is hit by non-host it never gets more than one stack of burn, as such a fully specked out Ice Mage (all ice related perks at 5) still takes 8 hits to kill an edgarsuit because cant apply more than 1 stack of the DoT. If this was already mentioned sorry, big fan of this mod. My vids on my channel of it less interesting than most though :) Now I realize the base spell is supposed to be for applying stacks, and not damage, was just using the "8 to kill" in comparison, if you in a solo game (or the host) you can kill faster because you can apply the stacks.

Edit: Just to confirm, I tested it in 2 different games where I was not the host, 1 I was using ice, the other fire, both I could not apply more than one stack.

Edited by AllPainful (see edit history)

Hey there, I was wondering if I could get a little help.

I have installed Sorcery, together with a bunch of other modlets (no overhaul mods, just lots of small mods).

My problem is twofold:

1) I don't seem to be getting any essences at all while chopping trees or mining surface blocks in the burnt biome. Do I need some skill in sorcery/channeling/essence stuff first? I've mined quite a bit and still nothing. I've been wondering if this may have to do with that I run the HDHQ textures. Maybe the blocks that are supposed to give essences have been renamed or something?

2) All the text files for sorcery seems to be placeholder. Is this a localization thing?

Thanks in advance for any help. Looking forward to cast some fireballs! ;)

Hey there, I was wondering if I could get a little help.

I have installed Sorcery, together with a bunch of other modlets (no overhaul mods, just lots of small mods).

My problem is twofold:

1) I don't seem to be getting any essences at all while chopping trees or mining surface blocks in the burnt biome. Do I need some skill in sorcery/channeling/essence stuff first? I've mined quite a bit and still nothing. I've been wondering if this may have to do with that I run the HDHQ textures. Maybe the blocks that are supposed to give essences have been renamed or something?

2) All the text files for sorcery seems to be placeholder. Is this a localization thing?

Hola, tienes que asignar puntos de habilidad para comenzar a recolectar esencia.Igual que las otras ramas de habilidad vas desbloqueando las mismas.

Yes, you need to copy the contents from the Sorcery localization.txt and insert it into whatever other mod adds it's own localization.txt (presumably one of the other small ones you use). This is a normal step for larger overhaul mods, and it seems like you'll have to find out if yours is being replaced by a mod.

Possibly just me, but is anyone else having a bug in non-dedicated multiplayer (P2P) where the non-host can not stack Burn? No matter how many times a zombie is hit by non-host it never gets more than one stack of burn, as such a fully specked out Ice Mage (all ice related perks at 5) still takes 8 hits to kill an edgarsuit because cant apply more than 1 stack of the DoT....

I haven't read any other mentions of this happening... is it new for you or always has been?

To Confirm: Tier 1 Fire Spell and Tier 1 Ice Spell fail to apply more than a single Stack: Orb At The Feet?

Essence Mastery is required to unlock Essence Drops of each element (atm): Fire (1), Ice (2), Lightning (3):

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Essence

Localization Steps must be followed to get names, descriptions, text in game. This is especially true if using an overhaul mod, like Ravenhearst, that doesn't have sphere's localization patch installed. Otherwise, the process is handled automatically for you:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki#download-and-install

EDIT: Forgot you mentioned HDHQ Mod... I created a special compatibility patch to enable Essence Drops for the custom trees. You install it just as you would any modlet; no separate localization required:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109145-Sorcery&p=943840&viewfull=1#post943840

Edited by Devrix
HDHQ Compatibility Patch (see edit history)

I haven't read any other mentions of this happening... is it new for you or always has been?

To Confirm: Tier 1 Fire Spell and Tier 1 Ice Spell fail to apply more than a single Stack: Orb At The Feet?

Confirmed, orb at feet, and can tell it isn't applying via damage as well. As for new, it has always been that ways that I see, makes the game harder for me (which is fine, since one of my friends actually plays the game on easier difficulty, so handicapping me is fine in his game :) ) I was with a host, 2 fire Zeds (weakest) coming at us the same, he hit it wit 2 spells and it gets 2 orbs and it dies. I hit the other with 2 spells, it gets 1 orb and did not die from the DoT. Hopefully it is just my bad luck or something that is making it not work, and not something with the awesome mod. But I am technically playing 3 games of this mod, my solo game (which my ♥♥♥♥ty internet provider giving me the run around on my packet loss issue is preventing me from streaming for 2 weeks now..) and then 2 games that are P2P, Friends of mine playing their "Solo" games that I jump into. In my game I have no problems applying stacks (then hitting them with a higher spell for great damage, love that aspect of this mod). However in either of their games I am unable to apply more than one stack, as such the "explosion" of 4 stacks (Fire spell 4) will never trigger for me in their games, same with the extra damage for the tier 2+ spells from having multiple stacks on enemies.

Edit: Will try to record a vid of it, I will be playing in someone else game tonight, she is spec'ed purely into the fire tree and I in the ice tree, will find some Zombies and record each of us hitting the same type of zombie with Ice spells.

Edited by AllPainful (see edit history)

Confirmed, orb at feet, and can tell it isn't applying via damage as well....

Thanks for the info on this:

CVAR GAME BUG:

Unfortunately, this appears to be a common game bug with custom CVARS and multiplayer games that especially affects the client(s). I've been told this bug is resolved by pushing back the "initialization order" of the cvars (note for TFP).

Sadly, while the cvar bug exists so too does the issue. I'll see if there's anything I can do to help mitigate it by the next update.

Disregard

Can someone please help me? I added Sorcery to Darkness Falls. The game and everything loads just fine, except my “sorcery skills” don’t have any descriptions or can’t spend skill points on them. All the other skills are described and can be purchased. Any help would be awesome!! I can’t wait to play this mod!

EDIT: I am running sorcery clean, no other modlets with Darkness Falls. Also, I copy and pasted the localization txt files from sorcery to Darkness Falls. Do I have to do the localization quest txt too? Not sure how I am missing the Sorcery skill tree :(

EDIT EDIT: I copied the wrong localization txt files, but found the right one now! I’m in and running 100%!

Edited by SoldierPK23
Problem solved (see edit history)

Can someone please help me? I added Sorcery to Darkness Falls. The game and everything loads just fine, except my “sorcery skills” don’t have any descriptions or can’t spend skill points on them. All the other skills are described and can be purchased. Any help would be awesome!! I can’t wait to play this mod!

EDIT: I am running sorcery clean, no other modlets with Darkness Falls. Also, I copy and pasted the localization txt files from sorcery to Darkness Falls. Do I have to do the localization quest txt too? Not sure how I am missing the Sorcery skill tree :(

EDIT EDIT: I copied the wrong localization txt files, but found the right one now! I’m in and running 100%!

Sorry for the late response... glad you figured it out! :)

Here's a step-by-step to installing Sorcery + [MOD] for anyone having the problem in the future:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Mod-Launcher#darkness-falls--sorcery

Thanks for the info on this:

CVAR GAME BUG:

Unfortunately, this appears to be a common game bug with custom CVARS and multiplayer games that especially affects the client(s). I've been told this bug is resolved by pushing back the "initialization order" of the cvars (note for TFP).

Sadly, while the cvar bug exists so too does the issue. I'll see if there's anything I can do to help mitigate it by the next update.

Ok, glad ya figured what was causing it, hopefully it will be easier fix (or fixed by TFP) :)

Truly enjoying your mod:clap2: I was reading your wiki and noticed a section for mounts! Brooms? brooms? Are we getting brooms?:dance: A Nimbus 2019 for me please:tickled_pink:

Awesome to hear! :) Funny you mention the Nimbus... a close friend said the same thing when I mentioned the mounts haha.

Awsome mod.

Have some problems every thing i craft is tier 1.

Did some armor tier 1, and several fire spell cast tier 1

How do i make tier 2 or 3?

/thomas

spec into normal intelect for improved quality tiers (colors). sorc tiers (asterix) come from crafting better stuff at the forge which needs higher essences.

Awsome mod.

Have some problems every thing i craft is tier 1.

Did some armor tier 1, and several fire spell cast tier 1

How do i make tier 2 or 3?

/thomas

spec into normal intelect for improved quality tiers (colors). sorc tiers (asterix) come from crafting better stuff at the forge which needs higher essences.

@thomasd70 this is correct, but if you're using a mod that changes or removes Intellect / crafting outcomes (like Darkness Falls), this won't apply.

I'll be releasing a hotfix to change this for Darkness Falls or moving Sorcery Crafting Quality outcomes to be governed by the Sorcery Attribute.

@thomasd70 this is correct, but if you're using a mod that changes or removes Intellect / crafting outcomes (like Darkness Falls), this won't apply.

I'll be releasing a hotfix to change this for Darkness Falls or moving Sorcery Crafting Quality outcomes to be governed by the Sorcery Attribute.

Thanks for the correction. Im using Darknes Falls and did not find the intelect, but i did search for it :) il wait for a patch.

Lightning Update / Improved Orb Stacks

CVAR GAME BUG:

Ok, glad ya figured what was causing it, hopefully it will be easier fix (or fixed by TFP) :)

I have fantastic news regarding this nasty bug:

I've been able to create a workaround to this bug that has stacks functioning as intended. Additionally, the Lightning Update is introducing a complete overhaul improvement to how stacks function.

Overhauled Stack / Orb System:

- Stacks are now visually represented by the Spellcast Orbs around the wrist

- The number of Orbs around the wrist is the number of orbs/stacks you'll apply on each hit

- Stacks now persist for 10 seconds and are refreshed for all foes on each hit of any foe

- Tier 2+ Spells now properly rely on stacks for their impressive damage/effects to proc

** These changes promote synergies, spell swapping and reward stacking.

Lightning Progress:

All base Lightning effects and core systems are developed. Though there's been a heavy set back from this nasty cvar multiplayer bug, I'm still hopeful for an end of month release! :)

** Many special thanks to @Jaga for facilitating the multiplayer environment to aid the game bug workarounds!

Thanks for the correction. Im using Darknes Falls and did not find the intelect, but i did search for it :) il wait for a patch.

iam also playing darkness falls. maxed intellect (first page) and maxed spell power gives me purple spells/gear.

I got this, on my dedicated server.....anything to worry about?

2019-04-16T13:54:26 133.620 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/progression/attributes[//attribute[@name=attArcher' or @IGNORE='MOD COMPATIBILITY PATCH]]"

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!