🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Understandable. Just odd that it works perfectly fine on a new game that has not completed the starter mission.

Edit: To clarify, both games I tested it on were new. The new one I finished the starter mission on is the only one that had an issue.

Edited by Coonfox (see edit history)

Seems all I had to do was start that second new game and read the Sorcery quest book first, so all is well enough, and I'm enjoying the mod a great deal. Well done on it!

Awesome, glad you got it working with the mods... enjoy! :)

I wanna shed some light on a couple frequently asked topics...

USE A SPELLCAST WEAPON FOR EACH SPELL

Due to an existing Game Bug, you will not cast a newly loaded Spell UNTIL your first shot or you SWITCH AWAY from and back to the Spellcast on your Toolbar. This bug applies to all "Catapult" and "Launcher" Class weapons (Bow / Rocket Launcher / Spellcast).

Luckily, an easy and preferred solution is to use a Spellcast Weapon for EACH Spell. This is the best and most comfortable way to take advantage of all the Spell synergies and to to build up "Stacks".

Game Bug Report

XP FROM TRAPS / CLOSE PROXIMITY KILLS

I recently implemented a feature that "marks" foes within close proximity to the player. This opens up a lot of new feature capabilities for later and grants the player XP for Trap Kills, so long as they're within close proximity to the entity when they die.

Seems to be something up with the latest version, or is there not supposed to be any loot in containers? I'm getting empty cabinets, bird's nests, mailboxes, dufflebags, everything is empty.

Sounds like something else is interfering. Loot hasn't been touched for some time.

Are you using any other mods? Latest game version?

Unfortunately I am using a number of modlets, but nothing that should be interfering with loot. Got the latest gameversion. I was just seeing if this was part of the sorcery mod as I try to troubleshoot and see what's up.

Definitely should be getting loot. Sorcery only adds to loot, nothing is removed or altered.

You're the only person reporting the issue, so my best guess is one of the mods you're using is the culprit and/or one of the Mods+Sorcery don't like each other.

watching kages playthrough of your mod devrix first i wanna say awesome work and second this may be asking alot but is there a way you can add a replica of hogwarts castle into your mod? :)

I personally won't be adding any POI's as I want to focus all of my time on the Sorcery gameplay itself: Spells, Items, Traps, Crafting, Entities, Quests, FX, Balancing.

However, Sorcery is highly compatible with many other mods, including those that add new POI's to the game (and I intend to keep it this way). So feel free to browse and use those as you shouldn't have any problems! :)

New Sorcery Wiki Entry

Spell Stacks / Orbs

Applying Stacks

Consecutive direct hits with Tier 1 Base Spells, such as: Fire Spell, apply what's referred to as an elemental Stack. These Stacks multiply all spell damage and effects, for all Spells, for each Stack. Certain perks, items and effects (as specified) are also capable of applying Stacks.

Stack Orbs

Stacks are visually represented by Elemental Orbs found at your foes feet. Stacks have no limit, though the visual Orb representation of them will stop at four... for preservation of sanity.

Stack Limits

Stacks can be applied... infinitely, though they will expire after some time of no activity. Expiration of stacks does not occur if you have special perks or items that alter this mechanic.

Stack Refresh / Consumption

All stacks on a foe are refreshed by consecutive hits of the same element that applies stacks. Certain effects require and rely on stacks to trigger, typically consuming stacks in the process.

Stack Strategy

Tier 2-5 Spells rely heavily on Stacks for maximum damage and effect. It's wise to apply stacks to your foes, while they are affected by Tier 2-5 Spells, for maximum damage and effect. This is particularly true at later game stages when the nasties arrive.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

just out of curiosity, me an a friend of mine are doing a MP game and found that the lighting is disabled, anyway to fix that, we are interesting in testing it out since we have found we love the fire and ice!

@dark_angel glad the two of you are enjoying the mod!

Lightning is not released yet. Should be out by the end of this month... save that Lightning Essence! :)

Is there any kind of block that spellcasts can shoot through? I've tried bars, frames, and railings, and all three stop the fire bolt which just damages the block.

No, this is intentional atm. May be looked at later once Spell Retrieval is governed.

Hello! OK, it's working. Great :)

I seem to have a bug report. I am running newest Ravenhearst with newest Sorcery (I updated it about 10 minutes ago, but it is still version 0.69.)

If I use the right-click button with a spellcast item equipped... the spellcast disappears permanently and instantly. It instantly vanishes and if I want another one I have to craft another one and it takes 4 minutes.

It's possible that to trigger this bug you have to be holding right-click (altfire/zoom in my config) and then click left-click (fire). It appears right-clicking is all I have to do, but to be honest, it is really hard to test this bug without cheating because the item takes 4 minutes to craft and vanishes in an instant if you click the wrong button.

If you want any other info, like what skills I have picked, just ask.

Update: I have tried carefully holding down the right click, causing a charging animation (I don't know what it actually is, just gingerly testing the thing). That doesn't wreck it. Regular firing it, also fine.

What breaks it is holding down the right mouse for a short time, maybe not long enough to trigger the charging animation, then also pressing left click and canceling that charge pretty fast. You'll go from fire spellcast to empty hands in two clicks. It just disappears.

Another edit: Also, I dropped some fire spell items and they just fell through the ground and vanished.

Gonna stop using this mod now I think.

Edited by Zombie Jesus (see edit history)

No, this is intentional atm. May be looked at later once Spell Retrieval is governed.

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate since it means open-block shooting only (or indirect AOE on nearby blocks). I'll keep my fingers crossed for future changes. Loving the rest of the mod(let)!

Hello! OK, it's working. Great :)

I seem to have a bug report. I am running newest Ravenhearst with newest Sorcery (I updated it about 10 minutes ago, but it is still version 0.69.)

If I use the right-click button with a spellcast item equipped... the spellcast disappears permanently and instantly. It instantly vanishes and if I want another one I have to craft another one and it takes 4 minutes.

It's possible that to trigger this bug you have to be holding right-click (altfire/zoom in my config) and then click left-click (fire). It appears right-clicking is all I have to do, but to be honest, it is really hard to test this bug without cheating because the item takes 4 minutes to craft and vanishes in an instant if you click the wrong button.

If you want any other info, like what skills I have picked, just ask.

Update: I have tried carefully holding down the right click, causing a charging animation (I don't know what it actually is, just gingerly testing the thing). That doesn't wreck it. Regular firing it, also fine.

What breaks it is holding down the right mouse for a short time, maybe not long enough to trigger the charging animation, then also pressing left click and canceling that charge pretty fast. You'll go from fire spellcast to empty hands in two clicks. It just disappears.

Another edit: Also, I dropped some fire spell items and they just fell through the ground and vanished.

Gonna stop using this mod now I think.

Hi, this sounds like an isolated incident that you're having.

Is it possible you're accidentally dropping the Spellcast by pressing "G"/drop key? (I've done this in the past many times).

If not, are you using any other Mods than Ravenhearst and Sorcery?

I've tried everything, including uninstalling/reinstalling both mods and cannot reproduce the issue you're reporting.

Regarding the Spells "exploding"/disappearing on drop, this is 100% intentional. Spells are programmed to explode on impact/drop to prevent retrieval, in some cases. If you want to share spells with friends, place them within a container.

I'm happy to continue trying to help you, but currently, you're the only one reporting this issue and I cannot reproduce it with the information you've provided.

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate since it means open-block shooting only (or indirect AOE on nearby blocks). I'll keep my fingers crossed for future changes. Loving the rest of the mod(let)!

Glad you're having fun with the mod! :)

While working on Lightning I'm also looking into governing Spell Retrieval. If that gets figured out, I'll enable the shooting through bars/openings.

Hi, this sounds like an isolated incident that you're having.

Is it possible you're accidentally dropping the Spellcast by pressing "G"/drop key? (I've done this in the past many times).

If not, are you using any other Mods than Ravenhearst and Sorcery?

I've tried everything, including uninstalling/reinstalling both mods and cannot reproduce the issue you're reporting.

Regarding the Spells "exploding"/disappearing on drop, this is 100% intentional. Spells are programmed to explode on impact/drop to prevent retrieval, in some cases. If you want to share spells with friends, place them within a container.

I'm happy to continue trying to help you, but currently, you're the only one reporting this issue and I cannot reproduce it with the information you've provided.

Agreed. I don't see anyone else with this issue in the thread. Here is how I can reliably reproduce the issue, as near as I can tell:

1. Begin charging the secondary. While I do this I fuss around with shooting the primary fire. I don't know if this is relevant but it's what I do to reproduce the bug, which I can do at will with a little fussing around.

2. Get hit. This seems to be an important part of the recipe. It seems to be necessary to get hit while charging the secondary, while charging the primary (while also charging the secondary), something like that.

3. Begin charging the secondary again, then stop after a short time. Just like that, the item disappears. I was able to reliably do this time after time with cheated firespellcasts on my server.

Once the issue triggers I can do it at will over and over just by trying the secondary.

Here are the mods I have installed on the server:

1. Ravenhearst, newest as of today.

2. Alloc's server fixes, newest as of today.

3. Sorcery, newest as of today.

Here are the mods I have installed on my client:

1. Ravenhearst, newest as of today.

2. Sorcery, newest as of today.

(For the client I'm using the manager.)

I have tried reinstalling the entire client and redownloading everything. Issue persists. I just redid the entire SERVER from scratch, redownloading and installing all the mods on the server again, leaving the map intact but scrubbing everything else. I can still reproduce this.

It's noteworthy that I couldn't reproduce this with some lackadaisical cheating in singleplayer on a new map, but then again, on a new profile you don't have access to the secondary so you can't charge it, which is how I can trigger this bug. I wouldn't be surprised if it were multiplayer only but I can't explain why it would be.

That's all I know. Please disregard my report that spells disappearing when you drop them, makes me cranky. If it's intended I'll let it be.

But believe it or not, this issue is making the mod unplayable for me. Because sooner or later I'll trigger the magic conditions and lose the expensive firespellcast item. It has never not happened with any spellcast item I found or crafted. :|

This is a serious bug report from me and I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I am not doing any weird steps (that I'm aware of) that would make this bug exist on only my system. My install is Ravenhearst and Sorcery.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
No reason for such a grouchy tone, fixing my tone (see edit history)

Hey, i have that issue too. My spellcast item dissapear after a while from continuous use of the right mouse button, have happend 5 times or so. Its a little anoying but not the whole world. can just cheat in a new item if needed. And i am also playing on a server with ravenhearst and sorcery.

Important: Don't forget to copy Sorcery Localization text into Ravenhearst' Localization.txt, else you won't have in-game text. This can be found within the main Sorcery folder, regardless how you obtained it.

How could this work ? Ravenhearst comes with a custom Localization.txt ! Is it realy working if this will be replaced !?

How could this work ? Ravenhearst comes with a custom Localization.txt ! Is it realy working if this will be replaced !?

The original post of this thread gives instructions on how to do this, my leonine friend. Open the Sorcery mod folder, find Localization.txt, copy all text in that file to the clipboard. Find Ravenhearst's Localization.txt, go to the bottom, paste it all in at the end, save and close. It does work.

The original post of this thread gives instructions on how to do this, my leonine friend. Open the Sorcery mod folder, find Localization.txt, copy all text in that file to the clipboard. Find Ravenhearst's Localization.txt, go to the bottom, paste it all in at the end, save and close. It does work.

ok thanx!

see previous

Hey, i have that issue too. My spellcast item dissapear after a while from continuous use of the right mouse button, have happend 5 times or so. Its a little anoying but not the whole world. can just cheat in a new item if needed. And i am also playing on a server with ravenhearst and sorcery.

Alrighty guys, to clarify:

This issue is happening specifically on dedicated servers, while using Ravenhearst + Sorcery, and only when the Charge ability of Spellcasts has been unlocked (channeling secondary/right mouse click)? Can you further narrow down the level of Spellcast Mastery and <Element> Spellcast this is occurring with?

ZJ, could I could get access to your server with privileges to reproduce this?

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!