🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

SORCERY (v0.68) IS NOW LIVE WITH MOD LAUNCHER INTEGRATION!

MOD LAUNCHER INTEGRATION

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CONVERT SAVE GAME TO MOD LAUNCHER

If you'd like to convert completely to the Mod Launcher SDX version of Sorcery to enjoy the automatic updates and Localization handling, follow these quick instructions:

1. Install Sorcery: Follow the Mod Launcher Install steps for Sorcery first.
  2. Locate Saves: (C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves)
  3. Copy Saves: Select and copy Navezgane and any other Save Folders.
  4. Paste Saves: Into launcher saves folder (C:\7D2D\Saves\Sorcery\Sorcery)
  5. Play: That's it, you're converted to the Launcher version of Sorcery! :)

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

In addition to this awesomeness, brought to you by Demigod @sphereii, v0.68 includes the first Tier 3 Spell: ICE STORM.

Sorcery v0.68 Features

• Sorcerer Loot+
  • New Spell: Ice Storm (Tier 3 Ice)
  • Full Trader Integration
  • Rune Mods: Lock Shatter I-V
  • Rune Crafting (Conjure)
  • Armor Crafting (Conjure)
  • Sorcery Items can be Scrapped into Essence
  • Full Compatibility Added for Darkness Falls
  • Full Compatibility Added for Winter Project
  • Full Compatibility Added for HDHQ+Modlets
  • Mod Launcher Integration

​

play=1

Edited by Devrix
Early Ice Storm Vid (see edit history)

is the first page install upgraded too? and do we have to start a new game?

Yes, the main thread is updated. No need to start a new game. :)

If you'd like to convert completely to the Mod Launcher SDX version of Sorcery to enjoy the automatic updates and Localization handling, follow these quick instructions:

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

MOD LAUNCHER INTEGRATION

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

In addition to this awesomeness, brought to you by Demigod @sphereii, v0.68 includes the first Tier 3 Spell: ICE STORM.

Sorcery v0.68 Features

• Sorcerer Loot+
  • New Spell: Ice Storm (Tier 3 Ice)
  • Full Trader Integration
  • Rune Mods: Lock Shatter I-V
  • Rune Crafting (Conjure)
  • Armor Crafting (Conjure)
  • Sorcery Items can be Scrapped into Essence
  • Full Compatibility Added for Darkness Falls
  • Full Compatibility Added for Winter Project
  • Full Compatibility Added for HDHQ+Modlets
  • Mod Launcher Integration

​

play=1

Hello, we hope that one day it is compatible with Ravenhearst

Good Jop @Devrix.U rly awesome :smile-new:

Umm When i click try to continued (in d.falls) get game crash :( but maybe my bad

Are you using 17.2 (b27) of the game and latest version of DF?

Make sure you're following the Modlet install instructions for Sorcery and dropping the Sorcery folder into the Mods folder of DF directly (additionally, you'll need to follow the Localization instructions for installing). If all else fails, I'd recommend a clean install/resync with Steam.

Hello, we hope that one day it is compatible with Ravenhearst

I plan on looking into adding Ravenhearst compatibility once its updated to the latest game version. Sorcery relies heavily on the latest buff system features (Spells).

Make sure you're following the Modlet install instructions for Sorcery and dropping the Sorcery folder into the Mods folder of DF directly (additionally, you'll need to follow the Localization instructions for installing). If all else fails, I'd recommend a clean install/resync with Steam.

The current version of DF uses 17.1 only the experimental and not complete version of DF uses 17.2

I plan on looking into adding Ravenhearst compatibility once its updated to the latest game version. Sorcery relies heavily on the latest buff system features (Spells).

Ravenhearst as far as I am aware isn't going to a17.2 but staying with a17.1 til a more suitable version is out (maybe a17.3) could a read it wrong tho

Yup i'll used 17.2 last version.But only when i click continued game i get crash. New game no any error or get game crash.Np for me cuz when we start from new game we learn better and dont forget new game = calgulate skill point for sorcery :p (Sorry for bad English ) :(

The current version of DF uses 17.1 only the experimental and not complete version of DF uses 17.2

o.O rlly cuz i used 17.2(b27) maybe 1 week with normal versions not experimental :D

Im really enjoying this modlet, thank you.

Some quick questions for clarification on my own part... Im trying to figure out the flow chart in my head of how Spellcasts, Essence, Runes, "mods", and perks all match up. So I have the fire spellcast equipped, using the basic fire spell "ammo." This particular ammo has particular AoE/Dmg vs say, firenado. The description of the fire spellcast lists a primary function, secondaries, and passives which are unlocked via Perks. Then there is mention to "empowering" and stacks. In general, I understand the concept of stacks but Im not sure if this is visibly represented by the rotating orbs near zombie's feet or if this is something totally different.

Also, if I hold right mouse button I start flaming up but again Im not sure what Im doing, if anything, other than burning stamina/spirit. I have yet to unlock the meteor fall/jump or the super speed but the description says while channeling/casting. To add to this, Fire Mastery perk mentioned "alterations" to spellcasts. Is this related to modding the spellcasts or something else. Then if I "mod" a spellcast by adding a rune, this adds a chance to proc an addition debuff/dmg bonus?

I know a lot of folks enjoy learning as they go but Ive always been the reverse so once I have a better understanding on these small matters, Ill enjoy this great mod that much more.

Thanks in advance!

Im really enjoying this modlet, thank you.

Some quick questions for clarification on my own part... Im trying to figure out the flow chart in my head of how Spellcasts, Essence, Runes, "mods", and perks all match up.

Hi, glad you're enjoying it! Happy to clarify... quite frankly, a Wiki is definitely needed as we're only gonna grow from here! :)

SPELLCAST(S): The weapon used to "cast spells"; load spells of its elements into it.

ESSENCE: Harvested and "fed" to a Conjure as a resource to craft Fire, Ice, Lightning Spells, Armor, Runes and other elemental sorceries.

RUNES: Sorcery exclusive "mods" typically possessing Sorcery abilities, functionality, effects.

In general, I understand the concept of stacks but Im not sure if this is visibly represented by the rotating orbs near zombie's feet or if this is something totally different.

ELEMENTAL STACKS

You're correct, "stacks" of any kind are represented by the Rotating Elemental Orbs found at the feet.

• Stacks are applied by base spells only (Fire, Ice, Lightning), unless you have special abilities/mods/armor changing that.
  • Stacks are a damage and chance multipliers for just about all spells and effects (very important for higher tier spells).
  • Stacks expire after several seconds of no Fire / Ice Spell hits.

** A good strategy is cast a upper tier spell and "stack up" using base spells to amplify damage/effects

The description of the fire spellcast lists a primary function, secondaries, and passives which are unlocked via Perks.

Also, if I hold right mouse button I start flaming up but again Im not sure what Im doing, if anything, other than burning stamina/spirit. I have yet to unlock the meteor fall/jump or the super speed but the description says while channeling/casting. To add to this, Fire Mastery perk mentioned "alterations" to spellcasts. Is this related to modding the spellcasts or something else. Then if I "mod" a spellcast by adding a rune, this adds a chance to proc an addition debuff/dmg bonus?

SPELLCAST ABILITIES

PRIMARY: "Spellcasting" refers to holding your Primary Action Button (Spell in hand FX).

SECONDARY: "Channeling" refers to holding your Secondary Action Button (visual effects when enabled). Base Channel power of a Spellcast is increased damage and spell projectile speed.

SPELLCAST MASTERY: Unlocks the the ability to learn Fire, Ice, Lightning exclusive Spellcast abilities, just as you unlock the ability to "alter"/learn Spell abilities via their Mastery: Fire, Ice, Lightning. Just as with Spells, once "unlocking" via Spellcast Mastery, you'll still need to "Learn" the ability of the Spellcast you wanna use.

E.x. "Cauterize" of the Fire Spellcast requires: Spellcast Mastery Level 2 because you can't "alter"/unlock/learn any abilities until then.

Hope that helps shine some light! At some point, I'll start building and provide a proper Wiki.

XP PATCH RELEASED (v0.68)

This small patch ensures you're granted XP/kill acknowledgement for Ice Storm and similar AoE Spell Kills triggered by entities. Additionally, this will ensure you're granted XP for Trap and General kills.

I'd like feedback as to whether or not the majority like this behavior (trap and general kill xp).

** This patch update does not require additional Localization changes

XP PATCH RELEASED (v0.68)

This small patch ensures you're granted XP/kill acknowledgement for Ice Storm and similar AoE Spell Kills triggered by entities. Additionally, this will ensure you're granted XP for Trap and General kills.

I'd like feedback as to whether or not the majority like this behavior (trap and general kill xp).

** This patch update does not require additional Localization changes

I vote yes I like this change. I am wondering if in the future it'll be possible to be able to pick which spell tree we can start with in the awakening quest?

​How to easily install Sorcery with Darkness Falls

​How to easily install Sorcery with Darkness Falls:

Ill leave this here:

<<How do i mix the 2 mods?

sphereii:

In Darkness Falls, click on Manage Modlets, and search for Sorcery. Click on Download.

Voila!

Localization may not work on all mods.

Thanks, @voodoov! Added to this a little, but sphereii's instructions are definitely a step easier than taking the complete manual modlet install route... just be sure to get that Localization in there or Sorcery will essentially be unplayable.

This works perfectly, then you can copy the Localization.txt contents for Sorcery over to the Darkness Falls Localization so you have crucial text in-game:

Copy Sorcery Modlet Localization into Darkness Falls Localization after installing:

1. Open Localization.txt found in this directory after installing Sorcery Modlet with DF: (C:\7D2D\Alpha17\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt)
  2. Copy ALL Localization text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C.
  3. Open DF Localization.txt: (C:\7D2D\Alpha17\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls\Data\Config\Localization.txt)

4. Paste Copied Sorcery Localization at the very end / new line: CTRL+V / Paste.
  5. SAVE: CTRL+S ...you're all set!

​** This will have to be done for every DF and Sorcery update (that changes Localization), but at least it works! Perhaps we'll be blessed with native support for this later. :)

Edited by Devrix
Mod Launcher Dual-Install Instructions (see edit history)

I vote yes I like this change. I am wondering if in the future it'll be possible to be able to pick which spell tree we can start with in the awakening quest?

Thanks for your feedback. We may get clever with this once Sorcery Traps are implemented... Runes, Perks, Armor buffs and such.

I have a lot planned, in the form of Sorcery Quests... if you check out the "Quests" tab in the Conjures, there's actually craftable Quests for each tier of the element. My intention here is you'll have an assignment to complete to "earn"/unlock major spells and such. Completing these major quests will also grant Skill Points and/or unlock perks.

Ultimately, to answer your question, there'll be Quest(s) for each element that resume The Awakening questline :)

I'm waiting on a game bug to be resolved to get too deep into the quests:

Existing Game Bug

Due to an existing game bug (Quest Spawned Entities Killed by Buffs Fail to Reward Kills) any quest/challenge requiring the killing of an entity cannot be completed using Spells. Once this game bug is resolved, you'll be able to finish these types of quests/challenges using Spells.

ty again :) found a small mistake in your text:

in your help Text there is a space in the first Path: MOD S

\Darkness_Falls\Mod s\Sorcery\

The rest works perfectly. TY!

Saw that! The formatting keeps adding a space lol. I'll remove it to prevent confusion.

Thanks Devrix for the explanation. That completely resolved any confusion I was running into. I had all the puzzle pieces in position, and I knew what the picture was suppose to look like... I just needed someone to snap the first few pieces in place.

Thanks again for this Mod, Im enjoying it immensely.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!