🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

6 hours ago, Apaseall said:

When I use the R key whilst holding a primitive bow, I only see 4 circles. Each circle is for the arrow type. I see two for sorcery, - spell types fire and ice, the other two are scrap iron and stone.

I am fairly certain that with DF, the primitive bow can only use stone and scrap iron arrows.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with adblocker and scriptblocker on for all unknown sites, the download starts directly after clicking on the link. (Latest firefox).

You can either use a different browser, use a download too or maybe the mod manager.

When even a different browser don't help, then i would think your ISP block it.

Hello

I must say what a neat mod you have created. I am testing it on my Server with combination of Sorcery + Darkness Falls and Robeloto custom zombies. So far everything works fine after two weeks play time. Only problem we have encountered is that "Arcanist forge" cannot be placed (red popup appears) rest seems to be working perfectly fine. thank you for your hard work.

2 hours ago, Rafael81 said:

Hello

I must say what a neat mod you have created. I am testing it on my Server with combination of Sorcery + Darkness Falls and Robeloto custom zombies. So far everything works fine after two weeks play time. Only problem we have encountered is that "Arcanist forge" cannot be placed (red popup appears) rest seems to be working perfectly fine. thank you for your hard work.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying Sorcery! 🧙‍♂️

The issue you're having with placing a Spellforge in DF was patched in the latest DF + Sorcery Compatibility Patch. It's likely you looked over the instructions on the main page. I just updated them to be more obvious and clear:

PLAY WITH DARKNESS FALLS

Follow the instructions below (spoiler) to play Sorcery + Darkness Falls together: 

Spoiler

‼️Install Darkness Falls first! (latest version)
1.) Download DF: http://df-forum.sorcerymod.com/ (or use Mod Launcher)

2.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
3.) Download Compatibility Patch: http://df-download.sorcerymod.com/
4.) Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip AND SorceryCompatibilityDF.zip
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
6.) Drag-n-Drop: The folder (SorceryCompatibilityDF) directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory
7.) Verify Mod Path: (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
8.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

Hi, i just started playing the mod and it does look awesome so far!

But im struggling a bit with my progression. Unless i missed something, it's not well explained how to do things. Yes, the quest instructions do mention what to do, but im currently on the Craft : Fire Spell quest and im asked to make a Fire Spell, but how do i craft a Fire Core and a Fire Hammer for that? It's not mentioned anywhere or unless i missed something, like i said.

Is there some vids or a ''wiki'' for the Sorcery mod that i can consult instead of potentially ask here all the time? xD

I'm having problems downloading the mod, I click the link and a download DOES start, however it either doesn't show a file size and completes downloading before reaching its actual full size, resulting in a broken uesless zip file

Or it does show the file size which is 508 MB but downloads at a very low speed, and stops completely after downloading less than 25% of it, and the "continue download" option doesn't work for this file

I'm at a loss here what do I do? can someone please upload the zip file on like Google Drive or Dropbox pleaaase? any site that has proper servers where the download happens properly

1 hour ago, Sinagrit Baba said:

Hi @Devrix. Chrome users can't download your files. Your site does not have an SSL certificate. So you are using http download system. http is an old system. The Chrome browser blocks such downloads. You can solve this problem by using an SSL certificate.

I used chrome to download this , but I had to copy the link address, then paste it in a new tab.

HI @Devrix Thanks for this mod. Been playing it successfully with Darkness Falls for sometime now. The issue with ammo for bows was indeed that I was using a crappy bow :)

I have caught the xml bug, namely writing xml to tweak stuff to my liking. Tweaking existing stuff and stuff from the other mods I am using. All goes well, after the initial steep learning curve. I am happy that what I have done so far works. Boosted with this confidence I thought I would tackle a little niggle I just encountered.

Here is where I think I need your help.

I am trying to create bundles of essences. Why? Well when out mining stuff like coal, I can stack the stacks of coal. That is to say I mine some coal and get say three stacks of coal which each contain 6000 coal. I end up with one stack of 3, a bundle if you like, of size 3, which can be opened one at a time to get back stacks of coal containing 6000 coal. Hope that makes sense. Anyway that makes mining a little easier on the whole inventory count. Rather thank stopping mining after say 12 stacks of 6000 coal, I can continue after creating two bundles of 5 stacks of coal and an additional bundle of 2 stacks of coal.

With me so far?

Well as you know mining coal also allows me to collect fire essence. Which did stack to 5000, but which I wanted to stack in 6000's. I then wanted the ability to create bundles of stacks of fire essence, like I tried to describe above.

Here is my code:

Spoiler
<config>
<!-- Patch to Sorcerer and SorceryCompatibilityDF mods -->
	<!-- ALL: Sorcerer Armor ModSlots 1 to 5 now 1 to 8 -->
	<set xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'sorceryArmor')]/effect_group[@name='TIER ALL']/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,8</set>

<!-- ALL: resourceEssence increase stack size from 5000 to 6000 -->
	<set xpath="//item[starts-with(@name, 'resourceEssence') and not(contains(@name, 'Bundle'))]/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">6000</set>

<append xpath="/items" >
		<item name="resourceEssenceFireBundle">
			<property name="Extends" value="resourceRockSmallBundle"/>
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceEssenceFire"/>
			<property class="Action0">
				<property name="Create_item" value="resourceEssenceFire"/>
				<property name="Create_item_count" value="6000"/>
			</property>
		</item>
		<item name="resourceEssenceIceBundle">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceEssenceIce"/>
				<property name="Create_item" value="resourceEssenceIce"/>
			</property>
		</item>
		<item name="resourceEssenceLightningBundle">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceEssenceLightning"/>
				<property name="Create_item" value="resourceEssenceLightning"/>
			</property>
		</item>
		<item name="resourceEssenceUnholyBundle">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceEssenceUnholy"/>
				<property name="Create_item" value="resourceEssenceUnholy"/>
			</property>
		</item>
		<item name="resourceEssenceHolyBundle">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceEssenceHoly"/>
				<property name="Create_item" value="resourceEssenceHoly"/>
			</property>
		</item>
	</append>
</config>

and:

Spoiler
<configs>
<!-- Patch to Sorcerer and SorceryCompatibilityDF mods -->
	<!-- ALL: resourceEssence allow stacks to be made -->
	<append xpath="/recipes">
		<recipe name="resourceEssenceFireBundle" count="1" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceEssenceFire" count="6000"/>
		</recipe>
		<recipe name="resourceEssenceIceBundle" count="1" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceEssenceIce" count="6000"/>
		</recipe>
		<recipe name="resourceEssenceLightningBundle" count="1" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceEssenceLightning" count="6000"/>
		</recipe>
		<recipe name="resourceEssenceUnholyBundle" count="1" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceEssenceUnholy" count="6000"/>
		</recipe>
		<recipe name="resourceEssenceHolyBundle" count="1" craft_time="10" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceEssenceHoly" count="6000"/>
		</recipe>
	</append>
</configs>

and:

Spoiler
Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english,Context / Alternate Text,german,latam,french,italian,japanese,koreana,polish,brazilian,russian,turkish,schinese,tchinese,spanish
resourceEssenceFireBundle,items,Item,,,"Fire [ae92d5]Essence[-] Bundle"
resourceEssenceFireBundledesc,items,Item,,,"This is a compact stack of Fire [ae92d5]Essence[-]. Use this item to open and unpack it."
resourceEssenceIceBundle,items,Item,,,"Ice [ae92d5]Essence[-] Bundle"
resourceEssenceIceBundledesc,items,Item,,,"This is a compact stack of Ice [ae92d5]Essence[-]. Use this item to open and unpack it."
resourceEssenceLightningBundle,items,Item,,,"Lightning [ae92d5]Essence[-] Bundle"
resourceEssenceLightningBundledesc,items,Item,,,"This is a compact stack of Lightning [ae92d5]Essence[-]. Use this item to open and unpack it."
resourceEssenceUnholyBundle,items,Item,,,"Unholy [ae92d5]Essence[-] Bundle"
resourceEssenceUnholyBundledesc,items,Item,,,"This is a compact stack of Unholy [ae92d5]Essence[-]. Use this item to open and unpack it."
resourceEssenceHolyBundle,items,Item,,,"Holy [ae92d5]Essence[-] Bundle"
resourceEssenceHolyBundledesc,items,Item,,,"This is a compact stack of Holy [ae92d5]Essence[-]. Use this item to open and unpack it."

Would you, or anyone else who can help, please point out what I am doing wrong please?

To test this I simply get into game and press tab to bring up my inventory, to one size I see the list of things I can craft. If I type in Stac I see a list of things that I can create bundles of, even those that remain locked, ie I can create stacks of coal, stone etc, whilst i can see that at some point I will be able to make a stack of say gunpowder.

What I do not see is any listing for making bundles of essences.

Hope this makes sense.

In case anyone is wondering about the reference to stone in the last post of mine, Darkness Falls uses extends for its bundles, so say wood would have a small entry for a wood bundles which references the larger entry for stone whilst changing wood specific stuff. I presume this is done to basically save on duplication.

13 hours ago, botanic said:
How to combine two global mods War of Walkers and Sorcery?

War of the Walker isn't an easy mod, it is an Overhaul.

Since Sorcery is based on the vanilla gameplay overhaul mods would cause a problem.

You would need a compactibly patch like one for Darkness Falls exist.

You can try just to add Sorcery to the game, start a new Singleplayer game and check out if it works with maybe minor issues.

When it don't work, just remove sorcery, delete the new Singleplayer world data and wait until someone made a patch.

12 hours ago, Mochan said:

spacer.pngI am getting a bug where the burning zombies have the fire look like purple splotches. It's like a texture is missing. 

The only other mod I have installed is Darkness Falls, and I am using the compatibility patch. Any ideas?

That's because you're either a Mac or Linux player and Dev hasn't compiled the required shaders.

You need to use the Proton version of 7DTD if on Linux.

45 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

That's because you're either a Mac or Linux player and Dev hasn't compiled the required shaders.

You need to use the Proton version of 7DTD if on Linux.

Close but no cigar. Actually not even close. I'm on Windows 10.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, KhaineGB said:

Huh, that actually surprises me then. I've only seen that in Linux/Mac OS

I think I had it on my Linux install too, 2 weeks ago I tried to play DF+Sorcery(fresh manual install on copy of vanilla game) but because of that glitch ended up playing 'only' DF

On 8/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, Mochan said:

spacer.pngI am getting a bug where the burning zombies have the fire look like purple splotches. It's like a texture is missing. 

The only other mod I have installed is Darkness Falls, and I am using the compatibility patch. Any ideas?

As @KhaineGB pointed out, this issue is most common with Mac and Linux users (until all Unity assets are exported using a multi-bundle script: coming later!).
For now, try these steps to fix it:

1. Within Steam > Right-Click 7 Days to Die
  2. Show game launcher > Play
  3. Renderer > DirectX 11
  4. Run & Save as default

7d2d-fix-pink-pixels.thumb.png.9939889343c87e3a4a390678c69465f8.png

Also, make sure the following apply:

• Latest version of DirectX
  • Latest version of Graphics Card Driver
  • Latest version of Windows
  • Latest version of 7 Days to Die
  • Perform a fresh install of 7 Days to Die

On 7/31/2021 at 8:11 AM, Kyonshi said:

Hi, i just started playing the mod and it does look awesome so far!

But im struggling a bit with my progression. Unless i missed something, it's not well explained how to do things. Yes, the quest instructions do mention what to do, but im currently on the Craft : Fire Spell quest and im asked to make a Fire Spell, but how do i craft a Fire Core and a Fire Hammer for that? It's not mentioned anywhere or unless i missed something, like i said.

Is there some vids or a ''wiki'' for the Sorcery mod that i can consult instead of potentially ask here all the time? xD

You do not need a core to make spells in the forge. But the core and hammer are made in the forge. Second tab of items. 

I've maxed out my Sorcery Tree but I still haven't unlocked the two last runes for crafting - the Regen Eternal Life Rune and the Dragoness Armor Rune. It says it unlocks with Rune Master, I already maxed out Rune Master (and the rest of the Sorc Tree) but still don't have it. Do I need to max out Fire and Ice as well? 

11 hours ago, Mochan said:

I've maxed out my Sorcery Tree but I still haven't unlocked the two last runes for crafting - the Regen Eternal Life Rune and the Dragoness Armor Rune. It says it unlocks with Rune Master, I already maxed out Rune Master (and the rest of the Sorc Tree) but still don't have it. Do I need to max out Fire and Ice as well? 

Those Runes are loot only atm. Descriptions are coming with the v0.955 (Friday 27th) release.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!