🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

v0.76 Spell Buff Update - Releasing TOMORROW!

Due to the loud feedback and vote results of the "How low is v0.75 Spell Damage?" poll, Spell Damage will be buffed in TOMORROW'S update: v0.76!

Thank you all for your feedback... we'll continue this Discord voting trend to help steer development as a community. :smile-new:

** A restart will not be needed for this update

thanks for the poll, hopefully we get a little bit of a damage boost for spells, especially lightning ones.

HUGE fixes and changes incoming, especially to Lightning! Feels A LOT better now. :)

Admittedly, there were several major misses on my part that have been corrected. Meteor also hits like a Meteor now. :p

Much appreciated and even if it may go against the idea of using T2/T3 spells as big hitter, in the heat of the battle i most the time find myself using the T1 spells and hope for a proc of the runes, especially if i have to pick zeds from my friends .. :p

While if zeds flock together the T2/T3 make me smile. Still, never underestimate a specialized pimped T1 fireball :D

SORCERY (v0.76) - LIGHTNING PLUS IS NOW LIVE!

[video=youtube;TTtmw1BIc-M]

Lightning PLUS v0.76 is now LIVE!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

sorcery-lightning-conjure-three.jpg

v0.76 LIGHTNING PLUS

NEW: Meteor Shower Upgrade

NEW: Supporter Rune, Altin's Touch

NEW: Sorcery Treasury Perk Tree

NEW: Treasury Rewards

BUFF: Charge Speed Doubled

BUFF: All T1 Spells

BUFF: All T2 Spells

BALANCE: All Spells

BALANCE: Meteor hits like a meteor

BALANCE: Lightning acts like lightning

sorcery-rune-unique-supporter-altin.png

v0.75 - LIGHTNING (previous)

NEW: Lightning Mastery

NEW: Lightning, T1 Spell

NEW: Nova, T2 Lightning Spell

NEW: Storm, T3 Lightning Spell

NEW: Meteor, T3 Fire Spell

NEW: Teleport Secondary

NEW: Energy Shield Secondary

NEW: Lightning Runes

NEW: Lightning Loot

NEW: Lightning Strike Rune

NEW: Spell Impact Stagger

NEW: Spell Charge Block Dmg + Speed

NEW: Cast Time per Spell

NEW: Degradation per Spell

NEW: Cooldown indication

WARNING: This should work with your existing game (17.2/17.3), but always backup first! Though it's been found to work in testing, it's always a good idea.

A very special thank you to the supporters of Sorcery that make ongoing development possible:

Lord Altin, Sir Otto Knabe, Lady Darkness, Sir Pythonpakman and Sir Tekkor

Enjoying Sorcery?

sorcery-patreon-logo.png

You can help development!

...become a Noble, Lord or Royalty ...the choice and reward is yours!

:star:Patrons of Sorcery are given Early Access, top priority, respect and various other perks for making the ongoing development and evolution of Sorcery possible!

:star: THANK YOU for your ongoing support, it's appreciated more than you know! -Dev

Perkalator | Skills and Perks Calculator for Sorcery Mod

perkalator_logo.png

sorc_perkalator.png

Wondering how best to spend your skill points? want to experiment with different skill builds without wasting all your points in-game?

Perkalator: The Skills and Perks Calculator for 7 Days to Die fully supports Sorcery Mod and includes several combinations of Sorcery + other mods / vanilla.

Plan you builds today, and maybe share with the community what you think the better builds are for starters, or for the long-game.

(https://perkalator.co.uk/src/Sorcery-Mod) will take you into v0.76 + A17.3, but you can select any other modded source in "Settings > XML Sources"

See the full release info here: (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?117806-Perkalator-The-Perks-and-Skills-Calculator-for-Modded-and-Vanilla-7-Days-to-Die) including a link to the public discord server

Thankyou do Devrix for creating such an amazing Mod!

screenshot-sorcery.png

Sorcery Preview in Perkalator

There are a number of packages setup to choose from for Sorcery Mod, all of which have a direct URL (some of which are listed below, the rest can be selected from "Settings > XML Source" for the older versions)

Sorcery v0.76 Packages

Sorcery v0.75

Sorcery v0.70

• Alpha 17.2
  • Darkness Falls 2.1 EXP 8
  • Darkness Falls v2.04
  • Ravenhearst v5.13

Sorcery v0.69

• Alpha 17.2
  • Darkness Falls v2.03
  • Ravenhearst v5.01

Edited by phoenix2004uk (see edit history)

Wow, Devrix, is some impressive work. Very innovative and well executed, this with Darkness Falls makes for a truly epic game.

And seriously - phoenix2004uk?! Amazing stuff.

Donations incoming, please keep up this great work - thanks to your efforts, it has become my favorite game (and I know I'm not alone).

Can somebody tell me why this is happening with the skill menu? It happens with pretty much any mod that adds perk menus with or without UI mods.[ATTACH=CONFIG]28437[/ATTACH]

looks like the Localization file is missing

if you used the mod launcher, it has messed up

probably need to remove all mods and re-install them (though i'm not an authority on mod launcher as i don't use it myself)

if you installed manually, make sure you followed the steps to install the localization as well

Loving the mod so far, i can't think of a playthrough without this mod rn. But i think, with the recent upgrade there is a bug with the sorcery talent. The sorcery talent doesn't provide extra spirit anymore even though it says it does. I remember it granting me additional stamina when casting a spell but now it is not working. I'm currently using this mod with darkness falls maybe some things are conflicting, i dont know.

...<DF Concerns>

Loving the mod so far, i can't think of a playthrough without this mod rn. But i think, with the recent upgrade there is a bug with the sorcery talent. The sorcery talent doesn't provide extra spirit anymore even though it says it does. I remember it granting me additional stamina when casting a spell but now it is not working. I'm currently using this mod with darkness falls maybe some things are conflicting, i dont know.

Very glad you're enjoying it, thanks! This DF-specific bug, along with "Pocket" mods, will be patched in the near future! :)

Can somebody tell me why this is happening with the skill menu? It happens with pretty much any mod that adds perk menus with or without UI mods.[ATTACH=CONFIG]28437[/ATTACH]

This is definitely a missing Localization issue. These steps should resolve it for you! :)

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki#option-1-modlet-version-manual-pure-xml

Wow, Devrix, is some impressive work. Very innovative and well executed, this with Darkness Falls makes for a truly epic game.

And seriously - phoenix2004uk?! Amazing stuff.

Donations incoming, please keep up this great work - thanks to your efforts, it has become my favorite game (and I know I'm not alone).

Thank you very much for considering supporting!

Patrons/supporters of Sorcery ensure ongoing development and are given privileged rightful thanks in the form of Early Access, among other "perks"! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ran across this after getting back into 7D2D and wanting a fresh mod to try. This mod looks AMAZING! I have tried to launch a windows dedicated server several times and each time the skill tree for sorcery is blank but everything else seems to be fine. All of the other skill lines are populated as you would expect. I copied the localization data over to the end of the correct localization file in the server's data/config folder. Any idea why this is the case? My client works and the sorcery skill tree populates correctly when I run a solo game and when I connect to other dedicated servers. (I'm running 17.4 - latest version)

Much appreciated.

Edited by mhunter (see edit history)

I recently ran across this after getting back into 7D2D and wanting a fresh mod to try. This mod looks AMAZING! I have tried to launch a windows dedicated server several times and each time the skill tree for sorcery is blank but everything else seems to be fine. All of the other skill lines are populated as you would expect. I copied the localization data over to the end of the correct localization file in the server's data/config folder. Any idea why this is the case? My client works and the sorcery skill tree populates correctly when I run a solo game and when I connect to other dedicated servers. (I'm running 17.4 - latest version)

Much appreciated.

Hi mhunter! Sorcery has been tested with multiple dedicated server installs and confirmed to work without problem. The trick is installing it the "Modlet"/manual route and ensuring you're using a 100% clean install of 7d2d (validate through Steam) and follow each step carefully:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki#option-1-modlet-version-manual-pure-xml

If you're getting the Sorcery Intro Book in your Toolbelt with a New Game but not getting any text, that's definitely a Localization problem.

COMING SOON: The Alchemy + Mastery Overhaul Update

COMING SOON

The Alchemy + Mastery Overhaul

NEW: Alchemy Station

NEW: Spinning Wheel

NEW: Enchanted Mortar

NEW: Alchemy Potions

NEW: Alchemy Elixirs

NEW: Alchemy Bombs

NEW: Mastery Quests

NEW: Intro Element Choice

NEW: Intro Spellcasting

NEW: Magic Arrows

NEW: Essence Recipes

NEW: Essence Mastery+

NEW: Essence, All Planted Trees

NEW: Sexier Crafting

NEW: Framework+

COMPATIBILITY: Ravenhearst 5.4

COMPATIBILITY: Darkness Falls 2.1

sorcery-alchemy-station-brewing.jpg

sorcery-release-schedule-alchemy-overhaul.jpg

UPDATE NOTE: Apologies to those of you excited to play and hoping for the Alchemy update sooner. It was originally intended to release "Alchemy" itself, but quickly became illogical considering the much needed "overhaul". The overhaul, if not done with Alchemy, would've required multiple restarts later as these additional features were added on (ex. Mastery Quests). Additionally, all of these features and changes require much more time than originally anticipated.

In short: This update became a much improved overhaul of Sorcery instead of a small update. The feature list above details most additions, though there's more... the wait will be worth it! :)

sorcery-alchemy-potion-tease.jpg

Enjoying Sorcery?

sorcery-patreon-logo.png

Gain Early Access!

...become a Noble, Lord or Royalty ...the choice and reward is yours!

:star:Patrons of Sorcery are given Early Access, top priority, respect and various other perks for making the ongoing development and evolution of Sorcery possible!

A very special THANK YOU to the Supporters of Sorcery that make ongoing development possible:

Lord Altin, Ika, kormai, NekoMyraMia, Lord Ivanos, Lord Aviose, Robert, Lord Otto Knabe, Sir Icymage, Kcoolz, Lady Darkness, Sir Pythonpakman, Sir Tekkor, Tahca | Joerg and Korgran

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

Hello Devrix, I've installed Sorcery using the Mod Launcher. Note that I am using several other mods in the game. When the game started out, I did not receive The Awakening Intro Quest, so I grabbed it from the creative menu. I ran through all the all stages of this quest and was able to build a level 2 spellcaster. The issue is I've maxed out all fire level catagories, I can build up to a level 6 spellcaster; however, the only spellcaster that functions for me is the level 2. I can make all 3 fire spells (fireball, tornado, meteor), but the only one I can figure out how to use is the fireball. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here (very frustrating). I've read through all the beginner tips and scanned through all the pages with this post. Any idea on what could be wrong?

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!