🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

@ Devrix

A question for an old guy .. will this auto update in the DF game ? .. OR .. Do I need to uninstall the modlet and then reinstall it for the update to happen and then recopy local file text over as normal .. Using the Mod Launcher .

Don't want to lose all that work I put in building the base.

Thank you .. hoping you are having a good weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Excellent news, no restart needed! I avoid this as much as possible, but always backup saves to be safe.

Jaga is right, you can either:

1. Darkness Falls > Manage Modlets > Sorcery > Update
  2. Darkness Falls > Manage Modlets > Sorcery > Uninstall / Reinstall **

** Do NOT load your game WITHOUT Sorcery installed, or you'll corrupt your save

Regarding Localization (in-game text), DF Experimental handles this automatically.. no extra steps!

RH 5.2 will handle Localization automatically as well.

If you charge up your spellcast to 4 orbs, hit R to "reload" (IE the way you can put away your bow without out firing after drawing it back, to save arrows, also works with spellcasts) the next time you draw it back to fire it is already charged to 4 orbs for the first shot.

Jaga is correct, this is part of the new system: once Stacks/Spells are "Charged", so long as you continue casting the same element, your stacks remain for 10 seconds. This is to encourage spell swapping, synergizing and active caster playstyle.

Spells will be further balanced with the Lightning update. I wasn't going to release the Stack Overhaul until then, but the multiplayer bugs forced an early rework... enjoy! :)

A question about running sorcery with ravenhurst. Currently im running sorcery from the mod launcher so i get it with vanilla. I am guessing that i need to overwrite vanilla with ravenhurst and then run the sorcery mod to get both as i cant do both via the launcher? I tried to do that previously following Devrix instructions but i never sorcery, just ravenhurst working. Thanks from another old gamer

Within the Mod Launcher select: Ravenhearst 5.1 > Install > Manage Modlets > Sorcery > Install> See Localization Notes

Revenhearst 5.2 will handle Localization (text) automatically for you, HOWEVER, you must follow these steps for now after installing Sorcery from the steps above:

1.) RH Directory > Mods > Sorcery > Open Localization.txt > Copy ALL Text

2.) RH Directory > Data > Config > Open Localization.txt > Paste Copied Sorcery Text at the very BOTTOM END of the file > SAVE > Enjoy! :)

I dont know about this, nr 1 dint work for me so i had to do nr 2.

And i cant still make Spellcast more than tier1.

/Thomas

I dont know about this, nr 1 dint work for me so i had to do nr 2.

And i cant still make Spellcast more than tier1.

/Thomas

Hey Thomas, please try reinstalling Sorcery once more. There was a problem on my end where the crafting patch wasn't fully pushed out. Should be fully resolved now, sorry for the delay! :)

Crafting Quality will be based on Mastery of the Element.

I noticed the precharge because I was clearing a POI in multiplayer, normally not more than 10 seconds between casts, so I had charged up to kill something, the person I was with killed it, I hit R then went into the next room and cast at 4. But yes, if wait more than 10 seconds it does "reset" the precharge.

sorcery-logo-splash.png

v0.7 Is Now LIVE!

Sorcery v0.7 Features

• Stable: Playthrough Ready
  • NEW: Spell Charging (See Notes)

• NEW: Stack Overhaul (See Notes)

• NEW: Sorcery Crafting now tied to <Element Mastery>

• FIXED: Multiplayer Bugs (See Notes)

• FIXED: DF Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: RH Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: Certain Entities were immune to Spells (DF/RH/Custom)

• FIXED: Unreliable Rune Damage / Effects

• BALANCE: All Spells now properly rely on Stacks (Orbs)
  • BALANCE: Kill XP expires shortly after leaving vicinity of marked foes

• UPGRADE: Sorcery Framework upgraded for even better performance and compatibility (See Notes)

• ...there's a very loud thunder in the distance

​

Spell Charging / Stack Overhaul

• VISUAL: Stacks are now visually represented by Spellcast Orbs

• ORBS: The number of Spellcast Orbs visible around the wrist is the number of Stacks you'll add on each hit

• LASTING: Stacks now persist for 10 seconds for all foes and only expire when you stop casting same element Spells

• REFRESH: Stacks are refreshed for all foes while casting Same Element Spells

• Tier 2+ Spells now properly rely on stacks for their impressive damage/effects

• CHARGING: Spells can now be Charged to Apply Stacks to your foes on impact

• MAX CHARGING: Tier 1 Spells are the only spells that can Charge Max Stacks, while Tier 2-5 can Charge one

• SYNERGIES: See the in-game Spell Descriptions within the Sorcery Skill Tree for detailed Stack synergies and usage across Spells

Multiplayer / Dedicated Server

STABLE: The nasty multiplayer bugs have been worked around and exterminated! Sorcery has been extensively tested in P2P and Dedicated Multiplayer environments: Vanilla, Ravenhearst and Darkness Falls to ensure maximum stability and compatibility.

** A very special thank you to Jaga for providing the dedicated server, directly helping with the multiplayer testing and for providing valuable feedback this past week!

Ravenhearst

Residents of Ravenhearst will no longer run into foes immune to Spells; No one escapes Elemental Annihilation! Additionally, residents may now enjoy higher quality Sorcery Crafting based on <Element Mastery> of the item you wish to craft. Sorcerer Armor will look for your Highest <Element> Mastery level.

NOTE: At least 1 point into Tradesman is required to activate.

Darkness Falls

Residents of Darkness Falls will no longer run into foes immune to Spells; No one escapes Elemental Annihilation! Additionally, residents may now enjoy higher quality Sorcery Crafting based on <Element Mastery> of the item you wish to craft. Sorcerer Armor will look for your Highest <Element> Mastery level.

NOTE: Due to the non standard scale of certain DF Entities, some Spells may be invisible or supersized on these entities.

Lightning Update

This past week has been riddled with intense bug workarounds and patching to ensure full stability in Multiplayer. Inevitably, this has consumed a solid week of Lightning development time. However, I've made excellent progress with Lightning already and am determined to unleash the storms of nature within the 1st week of May!

Even better news is that Sorcery is now fully stable and officially playthrough ready in all game modes. This is great news for now and later. :)

I'll leave you with this Lightning teaser:

You're guaranteed to experience a unique caster playstyle that works... shockingly well with the other elements! You may even find an Easter Egg or two... or three! ;)

I notice on the front page for this update it says see notes for an explination of a few things. Where are the notes? I'm probably just blind but can't seem to find them and am excited to see what all changed.

Snuck the patch notes on the main thread, last page... fighting against limited space :p

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109145-Sorcery&p=966216&viewfull=1#post966216

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

Is it normal for Darkness Falls to revert its localization (and many other files, like the sounds file (♥♥♥♥ you, Trader Rekt)) back to its default when running the game? I tried setting it to read-only, but that only prevented the game from running. I already have memorized what most of the perks do, so it's not precisely a problem, but it does make some things awkward to not have the text.

Is it normal for Darkness Falls to revert its localization (and many other files, like the sounds file (♥♥♥♥ you, Trader Rekt)) back to its default when running the game? I tried setting it to read-only, but that only prevented the game from running. I already have memorized what most of the perks do, so it's not precisely a problem, but it does make some things awkward to not have the text.

I consider Localization 100% mandatory for Sorcery, as without in-game text it's nearly impossible to play.

Luckily, DF Experimental will handle your Localization installation automatically when running the game with Sorcery.

So too, will Ravenhearst 5.2 when it's released.

If you're not playing with DF Experimental, you will be required with every update of Sorcery / DF to also re-add the Sorcery Localization.txt contents into the end of the DF Localization.txt file... a PITA, for sure. That's why Khaine and the RH team are including the Automatic Localization Handling, going forward.

It's not just that I have to add the Localization stuff with every update. I have to add it every time I run the game. It always reverts back to default. Haven't tried with Experimental.

That's a strange new one, guessing it's isolated. I hear DF Experimental is a nice improvement.

It's not just that I have to add the Localization stuff with every update. I have to add it every time I run the game. It always reverts back to default. Haven't tried with Experimental.

That means you likely have auto-update turned on for the modlauncher.

Its detecting the localization file is different and thus re-acquires it from gitlab.

Thanks for the clarification on this, Khaine.

I've run into a bit of a problem here. I stopped playing yesterday evening, not too far from the first horde night. Have sunk points into the normal trees besides sorcery to build, craft, get good items and all that. Even put the XP gain at 300% so I could have more fun, while still putting in the time for grinding zombies, mats and all.

Issues is, when I logged into the game today, well.. all my character stats were reset. I always copy and back up my save files in case something gets corrupted. Took a screen to show this, hence me having steel tools and such. Even if its not able to be duplicated, none of my gathered items in chests disappeared, and my tower in the making is still there. I'll keep playing, just.. well that's annoying.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Edit : am using mods other than Sorcery, the HDHQ texture pack ( 2K version ) and some of the modlets available via the launcher.

https://i.imgur.com/PUoEifz.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/F7KAMsI

Edited by SeekerOS (see edit history)

when I logged into the game today, well.. all my character stats were reset. I always copy and back up my save files in case something gets corrupted. Took a screen to show this, hence me having steel tools and such. Even if its not able to be duplicated, none of my gathered items in chests disappeared, and my tower in the making is still there. I'll keep playing, just.. well that's annoying.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Edit : am using mods other than Sorcery, the HDHQ texture pack ( 2K version ) and some of the modlets available via the launcher.

https://i.imgur.com/PUoEifz.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/F7KAMsI

Hey Seeker, the only other time I've seen this problem happen is if a Sorcery save is loaded without Sorcery, even if only briefly. Not sure if that's a possibility for your situation, but this is the only report of the problem. The latest update v0.7 does not alter or remove skills in any way that would cause a reset.

Hey Seeker, the only other time I've seen this problem happen is if a Sorcery save is loaded without Sorcery, even if only briefly. Not sure if that's a possibility for your situation, but this is the only report of the problem. The latest update v0.7 does not alter or remove skills in any way that would cause a reset.

I've no idea how that could happen since I'm launching through the mod launcher, just figured I should report the issue. This mod is the only I've been playing lately, because its fun and all. Suppose I'll just get back to grinding for levels and reacquire skills. If the save did somehow get borked, can always restart.

Thank you again, for the mod and the response.

I've no idea how that could happen since I'm launching through the mod launcher, just figured I should report the issue. This mod is the only I've been playing lately, because its fun and all. Suppose I'll just get back to grinding for levels and reacquire skills. If the save did somehow get borked, can always restart.

Thank you again, for the mod and the response.

To be safe, I'd recommend an uninstall and reinstall of Sorcery (without loading back into the game), then revert to your original backup save. You could then optionally give yourself the missing levels: F1 > dm > giveselfxp 9999

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I'll keep a look out for any similar issues.

I'm not sure where the auto-update option is. Is it the 'Refresh Mods Automatically' option? If so, that is off. May just be easier to swap over to Experimental, as you've suggested. I don't mind starting over... each new map brings new fun. :D

I'm not sure where the auto-update option is. Is it the 'Refresh Mods Automatically' option? If so, that is off. May just be easier to swap over to Experimental, as you've suggested. I don't mind starting over... each new map brings new fun. :D

I personally enjoy starting new worlds frequently, as well... keeps it fresh and exciting! :)

"Refresh Mods Automatically" is the option, yes, but to be safe I always recommend a "Pre-Sync Mod" directly on Sorcery in the Launcher (if using only Sorcery) to be safe.

Otherwise, if using Sorcery with an overhaul like Ravenhearst or Darkness Falls, go to that mod in the Launcher: Manage Modlets > Sorcery > Update

I think, then, that it'll be best to swap over to Experimental... though in that case, I miiiiiiiight just cheat a little and give myself a lathe. I can't tell you how long it took me to find one of those blasted things the first time around (still love your mod though, Khaine. :p).

I think, then, that it'll be best to swap over to Experimental... though in that case, I miiiiiiiight just cheat a little and give myself a lathe. I can't tell you how long it took me to find one of those blasted things the first time around (still love your mod though, Khaine. :p).

Your secret's safe... for a bit, at least! ;)

The lathe is SUPPOSED to be hard to find.

The point of DF is that finding all the parts to make a gun, or an actual GUN, should be something to be celebrated. Not just popping them out left and right. :p That's what the BorderlandZ mod is for.

Yeah, I know it's intended to be difficult to find, I'm just loathe to spend another 3 weeks (actual weeks, not in-game weeks) looking for one. x_x

I imagine I'll give it a bit of time in-game before giving myself one, though. Lots of things that take priority over gun-building... like getting decent at magic!

After you set localization file and if mod launcher … DO NOT PRE-SYNC and TURN OFF AUTO Update game ( 'Refresh Mods Automatically )' .. This is causing your problem .. it happened to me a couple of time .. Because I forgot.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Update / Feature Freeze

sorcery-lightning-conjure-three.jpg

Alrighty guys and gals, we're on an official feature/update freeze until the much anticipated Lightning Update. I gave this a couple days since the v0.7 release to ensure no unwanted surprises popped up. This freeze is needed to focus 100% on finishing Lightning.

If all continues going well, Lightning will be released within the first week of May!

"As prophecy and The Elders foretell, Arlene will be leading The Awakened in an assault against us... harvest that Essence and prepare for unspeakable encounters! The Awakened are not to be trifled with... such arrogant ignorance will be welcomed by Death itself."

sorcery-lightning-arlene-awakened.png

The Awakened

Essence infused entities imbued with the very elements. As with Essence itself, The Awakened have evolved into many forms and are increasingly capable with each evolution. The most evolved of The Awakened can be... catastrophically deadly and should be approached with utmost caution and preparedness.

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!