🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

I am not sure what the problem is but i am getting zero essence from anything I am mining or tree cutting, even with a boon mod installed

Hi Phurigigs, Essence cannot be harvested until unlocked via the relative Element Mastery perk (Fire Mastery, Ice Mastery, Lightning Mastery).

Happy to assist further on the Sorcery Discord Support channel, if needed! :)

sorcery-discord-logo.png

sorcery-patreon-noble-copper-supporter.png

THE LIGHTNING AWAKENING (v0.823) is now Noble Supporter Early Access LIVE!

- Lightning Fallen Sorcerer Priests now spawn in the world (Forest, Wasteland, Caves, Blood Moons)

- Ritual Item: Blood of The Fallen

- Ritual Item: Blood of The Awakened

- Ritual Item: Ritual Shard

- Ritual Item: Ritual Stone

- Ritual Item: Summon Fallen Sorcerer

- Ritual Item: Summon Awakened Incarnate

- Alchemy Station: Contains Resource and Quest Recipes!

Hunt down Fallen Lightning Sorcerer Priests throughout The Forest, Wastelands, Caves and Blood Moons then extract their Blood during combat (BEFORE killing them)... hope for some Ritual Shards OR craft them with a healthy amount of T1 Resources. THEN visit The Alchemy Station > Place a Lightning Core Augment (Conjure) into The Alchemy Station > Transmute all Ritual Items into a Summoning Ritual for The Fallen OR Awakened (more expensive).

Have fun and THANK YOU for your support in ensuring the ongoing development of Sorcery!

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

Sorcery, The Awakening v0.83 is now PUBLIC!

sorcery-the-awakening-lightning.png

sorcery-wotw-v083.png

Sorcery, v0.83 The Awakening is now PUBLIC!

- Full Compatibility added for War of The Walkers v6.x

- Lightning Fallen Priests now spawn in the world

(Forest, Wasteland, Caves, Blood Moons)

- Ritual Item: Blood of The Fallen

- Ritual Item: Blood of The Awakened

- Ritual Item: Ritual Shard

- Ritual Item: Ritual Stone

- Ritual Item: Summon Fallen Sorcerer

- Ritual Item: Summon Awakened Incarnate

- Alchemy Station: Contains Resource and Quest Recipes!

Hunt down Fallen Lightning Sorcerer Priests throughout The Pine Forest, Wastelands, Caves, Blood Moons and Hordes then extract their Blood during combat (BEFORE killing them)... hope for some Ritual Shards OR craft them with a healthy amount of T1 Resources. THEN visit The Alchemy Station > Place a Lightning Core Augment (Conjure) into The Alchemy Station > Transmute all Ritual Items into a Summoning Ritual for The Fallen OR Awakened (more expensive).

NEW GAME NOT REQUIRED

Download Sorcery

MANUAL: Modlet, Pure XML

You install Sorcery just as you would any other pure XML Modlet. However, I cannot stress enough how horrible your experience will be (no text in-game) if you do not follow these steps of adding the (Localization Text):

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The Sorcery folder only, found within the unzipped Sorcery-master folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery)
  5. Open Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
  6. Copy All Text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C (or right-click: Select All then Copy)
  7. Open Game Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
  8. DELETE OLD SORCERY LOCALIZATION TEXT (if updating from older version): Found at the very bottom of the Localization file, you'll delete the OLD Sorcery Localization Text that you previously pasted in the last update. You can easily detect the start of the text as it is separated by many blank lines and starts with the following text: "SORCERY_START,,LOCALIZATION,,START,,,,,".
  9. Paste Localization: Scroll to the very bottom/end of the main game Localization.txt you just opened. Ensure there is no more text, just blank space. Now create one new blank line by pressing Enter. Then Paste the Sorcery Localization you Copied earlier: CTRL+V (or right-click blank space at the very bottom/end, then: Paste)
  10. Verify & Save: If everything looks good, Save the Localization.txt file: CTRL+S
  11. AWAKEN ESSENCE: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

LAUNCHER: Mod, SDX

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

Credit

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

:star: Supporters make ongoing development possible!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

The Awakening v0.85 - NOW PUBLIC LIVE!

sorcery-insight-fallen-trio.png

THE AWAKENING v0.85 - NOW PUBLIC LIVE!

- Fallen: Fire Sorcerer Priests now wander the Burnt Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Fallen: Ice Sorcerer Priests now wander the Snow Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Item: Fire & Ice Fallen Blood

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Shards

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Stones

- Quest: Summon Fire Fallen

- Quest: Summon Ice Fallen

- Quest: Summon The Fallen Trio

- Feature: Fallen now speak... in tongues!

- Feature: Boss Combat Ring... don't leave it!

- Feature: "Touched" Arcane Contagion

- Feature: Zeds Becomes "Touched"

- Feature: Treasury Perks for Supporters

- Improved: Potions hydrate based on Alchemy Mastery

- Improved: Fallen + Loot

- Improved: Fallen Encounters

- Improved: Awakened + Loot

- Improved: Particle Performance

- Improved: Intro Quest

sorcery-insight-fallen-hellfire2.png

NEW GAME NOT REQUIRED, BACKUP TO BE SAFE!

Download Sorcery

MANUAL: Modlet, Pure XML

You install Sorcery just as you would any other pure XML Modlet. However, I cannot stress enough how horrible your experience will be (no text in-game) if you do not follow these steps of adding the (Localization Text):

1. [*=left]Download:
Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
[*=left]Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
[*=left]Drag-n-Drop: The Sorcery folder only, found within the unzipped Sorcery-master folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
[*=left]Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery)
[*=left]Open Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]Copy All Text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C (or right-click: Select All then Copy)
[*=left]Open Game Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]DELETE OLD SORCERY LOCALIZATION TEXT (if updating from older version): Found at the very bottom of the Localization file, you'll delete the OLD Sorcery Localization Text that you previously pasted in the last update. You can easily detect the start of the text as it is separated by many blank lines and starts with the following text: "SORCERY_START,,LOCALIZATION,,START,,,,,".
[*=left]Paste Localization: Scroll to the very bottom/end of the main game Localization.txt you just opened. Ensure there is no more text, just blank space. Now create one new blank line by pressing Enter. Then Paste the Sorcery Localization you Copied earlier: CTRL+V (or right-click blank space at the very bottom/end, then: Paste)
[*=left]Verify & Save: If everything looks good, Save the Localization.txt file: CTRL+S
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

LAUNCHER: Mod, SDX

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. [*=left]Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
    [*=left]Download Launcher:
7D2D Mod Launcher
[*=left]Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
[*=left]Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
[*=left]Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
[*=left]Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
[*=left]Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

Credit

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

:star: Supporters make ongoing development possible!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

I am getting an error on trying to run this mod for the first time.

I have an updated Launcher at 2.0.89 and have verified my game files in steam

Popup error states "Error: SDX Build Failed. Please see the log file"

Log file contains the following:

EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod patcher scripts

Compiling PatchScripts assembly...

Loading References...

POP: Build error at stage 2: Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Exit Code: -100

Anyone had this one before or any advice?

I have an updated Launcher at 2.0.89 and have verified my game files in steam

Popup error states "Error: SDX Build Failed. Please see the log file"

POP: Build error at stage 2: Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Exit Code: -100

Previous mentions of this Mod Launcher error have been resolved by doing one or both of the following:

1.) Trying different versions of .NET Framework:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Mod-Launcher#mod-launcher-error-resolution

2.) Follow the Mod Launcher install steps verbatim:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki#option-2-mod-launcher-version-automatic-sdx-mod

Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.

The indication of spell casting(green line) stops working after some actions(I have no idea which action causes that) and the only way I know to fix the issue is to reload the save.

I've been told this is a reported vanilla game bug that occurs randomly for all "Bow/Catapult/Thrown" weapon types (garbage collector destroys it?). The weapons still work as intended, just the annoyance of losing the indicator. Hopefully this is resolved in A18!

Previous mentions of this Mod Launcher error have been resolved by doing one or both of the following:

1.) Trying different versions of .NET Framework:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Mod-Launcher#mod-launcher-error-resolution

2.) Follow the Mod Launcher install steps verbatim:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki#option-2-mod-launcher-version-automatic-sdx-mod

The Mod Launcher stuff didnt work but .NET 3.5 SP1 did the trick.

I've been told this is a reported vanilla game bug that occurs randomly for all "Bow/Catapult/Thrown" weapon types (garbage collector destroys it?). The weapons still work as intended, just the annoyance of losing the indicator. Hopefully this is resolved in A18!

Is there a simpler way to restore the functionality other than reloading the save? May be a command?

I wanted to take a moment to say what a great mod. I have been playing 7D2D since it began years ago and have played many different mods and have loved them all. This one by far makes it an entirely different experience and truly love it.

So just a suggestion but maybe you should look into this. After playing for a while I decided to definitely donate to the cause but was surprised that the minimum donation would be $20 a month. Guys thats more expensive than many huge games that are well known. Don't take that negatively cuz this mod is great. You might be scaring folks off for that kind of donation. Now back to playing some more Sorcery!!

Is there a simpler way to restore the functionality other than reloading the save? May be a command?

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

I wanted to take a moment to say what a great mod. I have been playing 7D2D since it began years ago and have played many different mods and have loved them all. This one by far makes it an entirely different experience and truly love it.

So just a suggestion but maybe you should look into this. <snipped>

Hi r1cochet, thank you... I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

I understand your concern with the minimum support level. Last month and prior there was a lower tier that resulted in a lot of "churn" and dissatisfied people due to having spread myself too thin (it's only one person developing Sorcery). Due to that fact, I decided to take an approach of quality or over quantity to justify and sustain development at 25+ hours/week, while offering more to 2 Tiers instead of 3. :)

Ok so I have a question I am looking through the forum and don't see any instructions on how to make a fire hammer or core. Any ideas?

You can craft both at the Conjures after drinking the Mastery Elixir for the element you want to craft. :)

1) I've tested harvesting lighting essence from a pine trees with or without LVL3 lightning essence boon with an iron axe. Haven't noticed any difference in quantity or quality of harvested essence. Is it working? Am I doing something wrong?

2) Having lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 essence boons in a tool will result in 60% increase of amount of harvested resources or only 30%?

3) Similar to previous question: if I put lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 lightning strike in my spellcast will it result in increased chance of invoking the lightning strike compared to a single lvl3 rune without lvl1+lvl2?

4) Another similar question: does spirit boon stacks in these cases?:

a) one piece of armor, lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 spirit boon

b) two pieces of armor having a lvl1 spirit boon each

5) Identical to q4 but with fire skin/fire nova/other similar spell?

1) I've tested harvesting lighting essence from a pine trees with or without LVL3 lightning essence boon with an iron axe. Haven't noticed any difference in quantity or quality of harvested essence. Is it working? Am I doing something wrong?

2) Having lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 essence boons in a tool will result in 60% increase of amount of harvested resources or only 30%?

3) Similar to previous question: if I put lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 lightning strike in my spellcast will it result in increased chance of invoking the lightning strike compared to a single lvl3 rune without lvl1+lvl2?

4) Another similar question: does spirit boon stacks in these cases?:

a) one piece of armor, lvl1+lvl2+lvl3 spirit boon

b) two pieces of armor having a lvl1 spirit boon each

5) Identical to q4 but with fire skin/fire nova/other similar spell?

1.) It's working, just takes a decent amount to notice it. Essence is not guaranteed per hit, chance based in general.

2.) Runes benefits stack

3.) Each Rune has its own chance to proc (cooldown applies)

4.) #2

5.) #3

Have fun! :)

sorcery-discord-logo.png

The quickest and most efficient way of getting questions answered :)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!