🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Thanks for the correction. Im using Darknes Falls and did not find the intelect, but i did search for it :) il wait for a patch.

iam also playing darkness falls. maxed intellect (first page) and maxed spell power gives me purple spells/gear.

Regarding the Darkness Falls patch for Sorcery Crafting Quality, I think it makes sense to release this ASAP with the crucial Stack Update / CVAR Game Bug Workaround. That bug is breaking Sorcery in multiplayer, so I'm trying to push it out ASAP... tomorrow if all goes well. I'll include a DF Quality workaround, one way or another, alongside this hotfix.

- - - Updated - - -

I got this, on my dedicated server.....anything to worry about?

2019-04-16T13:54:26 133.620 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sorcery" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/progression/attributes[//attribute[@name=attArcher' or @IGNORE='MOD COMPATIBILITY PATCH]]"

Completely harmless. This is a patch for people using Ravenhearst. The game is simply telling you "what's it's looking for wasn't found = don't apply patch". Unfortunately, no way to completely suppress this "soft warning".

I tried to represent that through "@IGNORE='MOD COMPATIBILITY PATCH'". I'll rework the verbiage to make it more clear.

Quick question.

Is it possible to code in a magical energy barrier (that can be seen like the green of the claim block) and have it on progressive levels? I've used sorcery but only after getting the more basic things taken care of and establishing a base. Turrets are expensive because they require bullets but possibly having an artifact that can be imbued with magical essence (like solar does to batteries) and it being placed in the middle of your area would certain be an insanely cool effect. Watching zombies incinerate or freeze and explode or even get struck down by a lighting barrier would be (for a lack of better words) "awesome".

I'm sure it would require a high-level sorcerer to maintain it. I was into AD&D back when it was nothing more than using some paper, dice, and your mind for imagination but to see this would be amazing.

Right now, i inhabit a Crack-A-Books corporate building and i love the structure because i can use it for so many different things. To shield it, with magic, would be great.

Just a thought.

Ritual Traps / Runic Traps

Quick question.

Is it possible to code in a magical energy barrier (that can be seen like the green of the claim block) and have it on progressive levels? I've used sorcery but only after getting the more basic things taken care of and establishing a base. Turrets are expensive because they require bullets but possibly having an artifact that can be imbued with magical essence (like solar does to batteries) and it being placed in the middle of your area would certain be an insanely cool effect. Watching zombies incinerate or freeze and explode or even get struck down by a lighting barrier would be (for a lack of better words) "awesome".....

Great news... Ritual Traps are on the list of upcoming features, alongside Runic Traps! :)

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Traps#ritual-traps

Ritual Traps

Powered by Essence and imbued with the Elements, Ritual Traps are placed on the ground in the form of a Ritual Circle. A Sorcerer then stands within the Circle to perform the Ritual. These rituals vary in power and effect based on many factors, including: The evolutionary stage (Rarity) of Essence used and the power of The Sorcerer performing the Ritual.

Ice Barrier Ritual Trap

• Perform and maintain the Ritual by standing within the Circle for 5 seconds
  • Foes are Deep Freezed every 5 seconds the Ritual is performed
  • Foes do less damage to blocks
  • Foes are chilled and slowed on attacking
  • Allies gain damage resistance
  • Ritual Effects cease when the Sorcerer stops the Ritual (steps out of the Circle)

​

68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e63632f31584e66335272372f376432642d736f72636572792d636f6e6a757265732e706e67

Runic Traps

Crafted with Essence and imbued with the Elements, Runic Traps are placed on the ground in the form of a Runic Circle. Foes passing over and standing within the Runic Circle are then affected by the Trap. These Runic Traps vary in power and effect based on many factors, including: The evolutionary stage (Rarity) of Essence used and the power of The Sorcerer crafting the Trap.

Runic Ice Trap

• Foes are chilled and slowed when passing through the trap
  • Foes are Iceburned while standing within the trap

I have fantastic news regarding this nasty bug:

I've been able to create a workaround to this bug that has stacks functioning as intended. Additionally, the Lightning Update is introducing a complete overhaul improvement to how stacks function.

** Many special thanks to @Jaga for facilitating the multiplayer environment to aid the game bug workarounds!

Glad to hear you got it fixed with a work around, sorry it required an entire rework of the spells, in that aspect I am glad said bug was found early in the development. Hope it doesn't delay the lightning and spell rebalance update too much as I love this mod :)

Great news... Ritual Traps are on the list of upcoming features, alongside Runic Traps! :) ...

That sounds awesome. Both the Ritual and the Runic. Love this mod! Keep up the great work.

Hey guys, wrapping up a few more tweaks and tests. This bug has proven to be a sneaky bastard of all trades. I'll need until tomorrow to get the hotfix update pushed out correctly.

The Stack Overhaul will be released with this update instead of waiting for Lightning.

This means:

• T1 Spells now apply/add the number of stacks, to your foes per hit, that are visible on your Spellcast (Orbs)
  • Stacks now last 10 seconds
  • Stacks are refreshed by all same element spell hits
  • Stacks refresh for all enemies
  • There is now plenty of time and opportunity to synergize between spells properly

As a reminder, this update will also include a Quality Crafting Tier patch for Darkness Falls.

UPDATE: This is delayed until fully resolved. Multiplayer is experiencing targeting switching issues resulting in a mess of outcomes. I'm determined on getting this resolved so our multiplayer crowd can fully experience Sorcery.

Edited by Devrix
Delayed until fully resolved; sorry guys. (see edit history)

@ Devrix

Have a Question in reference to Repairing Armor .. I tried a couple of thing and nothing seemed to work .. so I just made new. .. And .. I did not find anything that pointed me in the right direction in your forum or I just missed it.

Playing Darkness Falls v 2.04 and your 0.692 modlet using the Mod Launcher:

I know this isn't important .. but my Current Base: (still not done )

449633522_7DaystoDieScreenshot2019_04.16-15_43_55_28.jpg.6bca2eb42a2773d341c38d070302cb80.jpg

1465183922_7DaystoDieScreenshot2019_04.16-15_50_10_09.thumb.jpg.fd87d1c745c6b2f1fb4edfd59e1d1db3.jpg

Just a thought From … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Have a Question in reference to Repairing Armor .. I tried a couple of thing and nothing seemed to work .. so I just made new. .. And .. I did not find anything that pointed me in the right direction in your forum or I just missed it.....

Cool base! :) The Sorcerer Armor is currently repaired using Fire Essence (1-2), similar to how Spellcasts are repaired. This will most likely change later with the arrival of Elemental Armor Sets :)

Cool base! :) The Sorcerer Armor is currently repaired using Fire Essence (1-2), similar to how Spellcasts are repaired. This will most likely change later with the arrival of Elemental Armor Sets :)

I'll have to try again .. because that is what I was thinking and had it in my inventory .. but it would not repair and repair didn't even come on or light up as to work .. " I had fire and ice essence on me like 50 of each, thinking that should be enough "

I will try again later .. Oh .. this was on some Trans armor if that makes a difference I picked up.

I'll have to try again .. because that is what I was thinking and had it in my inventory .. but it would not repair and repair didn't even come on or light up as to work .. " I had fire and ice essence on me like 50 of each, thinking that should be enough "

I will try again later .. Oh .. this was on some Trans armor if that makes a difference I picked up.

Keep in mind there's the different Rarities / Tiers of Essence 1 star, 2 star, etc. :)

Keep in mind there's the different Rarities / Tiers of Essence 1 star, 2 star, etc. :)

OK .. That answers the question then I think .. I didn't have high enough Tier of Essence on me .. And Thank you for fast reply .. Played 8 hrs straight today doing Trader quest and what not's.

As I always say .. Have Fun and Enjoy .. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Just want to say how much enjoyment i have got from playing your mod. I am a long time 7dtd player, started alpha 9, and i always found myself losing interest in a game around day 28. This time I'm at day 60 and still loving it. If you have a patreon account or similsr then let me know what it is as I'd love to give you some financial support.

Just want to say how much enjoyment i have got from playing your mod. I am a long time 7dtd player, started alpha 9, and i always found myself losing interest in a game around day 28. This time I'm at day 60 and still loving it. If you have a patreon account or similsr then let me know what it is as I'd love to give you some financial support.

Thank you for the kind words of endorsement. That's awesome you're enjoying Sorcery so much, I have no doubt you'll enjoy the upcoming features just as much! :)

Regarding support, I greatly appreciate it. I'm intending on launching a Patreon, with the release of the Lightning update, that'll outline a roadmap of upcoming Sorcery features.

This of course will be 100% optional, but will undeniably help keep Sorcery going full throttle! :)

SORCERY (v0.7) - STABLE IS NOW LIVE!

sorcery-logo-splash.png

v0.7 Is Now LIVE!

Sorcery v0.7 Features

• Stable: Playthrough Ready
  • NEW: Spell Charging (See Notes)

• NEW: Stack Overhaul (See Notes)

• NEW: Sorcery Crafting now tied to <Element Mastery>

• FIXED: Multiplayer Bugs (See Notes)

• FIXED: DF Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: RH Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: Certain Entities were immune to Spells (DF/RH/Custom)

• FIXED: Unreliable Rune Damage / Effects

• BALANCE: All Spells now properly rely on Stacks (Orbs)

• BALANCE: Kill XP expires shortly after leaving vicinity of marked foes

• UPGRADE: Sorcery Framework upgraded for even better performance and compatibility (See Notes)

• ...there's a very loud thunder in the distance

​

Spell Charging / Stack Overhaul

• VISUAL: Stacks are now visually represented by Spellcast Orbs

• ORBS: The number of Spellcast Orbs visible around the wrist is the number of Stacks you'll add on each hit

• LASTING: Stacks now persist for 10 seconds for all foes and only expire when you stop casting same element Spells

• REFRESH: Stacks are refreshed for all foes while casting Same Element Spells

• Tier 2+ Spells now properly rely on stacks for their impressive damage/effects

• CHARGING: Spells can now be Charged to Apply Stacks to your foes on impact

• MAX CHARGING: Tier 1 Spells are the only spells that can Charge Max Stacks, while Tier 2-5 can Charge one

• SYNERGIES: See the in-game Spell Descriptions within the Sorcery Skill Tree for detailed Stack synergies and usage across Spells

Multiplayer / Dedicated Server

STABLE: The nasty multiplayer bugs have been worked around and exterminated! Sorcery has been extensively tested in P2P and Dedicated Multiplayer environments: Vanilla, Ravenhearst and Darkness Falls to ensure maximum stability and compatibility.

** A very special thank you to Jaga for providing the dedicated server, directly helping with the multiplayer testing and for providing valuable feedback this past week!

Ravenhearst

Residents of Ravenhearst will no longer run into foes immune to Spells; No one escapes Elemental Annihilation! Additionally, residents may now enjoy higher quality Sorcery Crafting based on <Element Mastery> of the item you wish to craft. Sorcerer Armor will look for your Highest <Element> Mastery level.

NOTE: At least 1 point into Tradesman is required to activate.

Darkness Falls

Residents of Darkness Falls will no longer run into foes immune to Spells; No one escapes Elemental Annihilation! Additionally, residents may now enjoy higher quality Sorcery Crafting based on <Element Mastery> of the item you wish to craft. Sorcerer Armor will look for your Highest <Element> Mastery level.

NOTE: Due to the non standard scale of certain DF Entities, some Spells may be invisible or supersized on these entities.

Lightning Update

This past week has been riddled with intense bug workarounds and patching to ensure full stability in Multiplayer. Inevitably, this has consumed a solid week of Lightning development time. However, I've made excellent progress with Lightning already and am determined to unleash the storms of nature within the 1st week of May!

Even better news is that Sorcery is now fully stable and officially playthrough ready in all game modes. This is great news for now and later. :)

I'll leave you with this Lightning teaser:

You're guaranteed to experience a unique caster playstyle that works... shockingly well with the other elements! You may even find an Easter Egg or two... or three! ;)

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

@ Devrix

A question for an old guy .. will this auto update in the DF game ? .. OR .. Do I need to uninstall the modlet and then reinstall it for the update to happen and then recopy local file text over as normal .. Using the Mod Launcher .

Don't want to lose all that work I put in building the base.

Thank you .. hoping you are having a good weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

@ Devrix

A question for an old guy .. will this auto update in the DF game ? .. OR .. Do I need to uninstall the modlet and then reinstall it for the update to happen and then recopy local file text over as normal .. Using the Mod Launcher .

Don't want to lose all that work I put in building the base.

Thank you .. hoping you are having a good weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

From my experience an uninstall/reinstall on the modlet is the safest way to go. I think Devrix mentions it in the first post here too. Along with that, copying localization.txt from Sorcery into the DF localization.txt (unless you have the Localization modlet working) is needed since I think several spells and other items have updated text.

Been testing this afternoon and all my old items are working well with the updated systems. It's MUCH more fun to play.

LOVE the new update, some of the spells can be really OP now, but you already stated a rebalance is in the works for the lightning update so thats cool.

There is 1 thing I wanted to bring to your attention as I don't think it was intentional.. Pre-charging.

If you charge up your spellcast to 4 orbs, hit R to "reload" (IE the way you can put away your bow without out firing after drawing it back, to save arrows, also works with spellcasts) the next time you draw it back to fire it is already charged to 4 orbs for the first shot.

If you charge up your spellcast to 4 orbs, hit R to "reload" (IE the way you can put away your bow without out firing after drawing it back, to save arrows, also works with spellcasts) the next time you draw it back to fire it is already charged to 4 orbs for the first shot.

Those charges go away if you haven't cast any spell from the same element in 10 (?) seconds. Try charging it, "holstering it", then waiting >10 seconds and see if you still have 4 orbs on your spellcast. You shouldn't.

A question about running sorcery with ravenhurst. Currently im running sorcery from the mod launcher so i get it with vanilla. I am guessing that i need to overwrite vanilla with ravenhurst and then run the sorcery mod to get both as i cant do both via the launcher? I tried to do that previously following Devrix instructions but i never sorcery, just ravenhurst working. Thanks from another old gamer

A question about running sorcery with ravenhurst. Currently im running sorcery from the mod launcher so i get it with vanilla. I am guessing that i need to overwrite vanilla with ravenhurst and then run the sorcery mod to get both as i cant do both via the launcher? I tried to do that previously following Devrix instructions but i never sorcery, just ravenhurst working. Thanks from another old gamer

If you install RH from the Mod Launcher, you can also add Sorcery in as a Modlet. Click the "Manage Modlets" button to the right when viewing your RH install, and you can add it in the View Available section. Don't forget to patch your RH localization.txt by adding the contents of Sorcery's localization.txt to the end.

I run both, and they work very well together.

I don't think any high-res version is working in Ravenhearst 5.x right now. From the RH 5.1 release notes:

-Removed HD Texture Pack for Now. It may return in a future release as a modlet

I run RH 5.12 (default textures) + Sorcery 0.7 (modlet), and everything looks/plays just fine. Haven't upgraded to RH 5.13 yet, still helping with testing on the Sorcery side. But soon!

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!