🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

HAHA... just thought of another question. So first day on installation using the modlauncher went perfect as well I used the manage mod button and activated several cool available modlets with no problem. I wanted to go back today and look at possibly activating other modlets since the initial experience went so smooth. I have tried for 2 days and when I hit the manage modlets button it does nothing. I mean you can tell its trying to launch but never does. Any ideas?

The Awakening v0.85 - NOW PUBLIC LIVE!

sorcery-insight-fallen-trio.png

THE AWAKENING v0.85 - NOW PUBLIC LIVE!

- Fallen: Fire Sorcerer Priests now wander the Burnt Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Fallen: Ice Sorcerer Priests now wander the Snow Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Item: Fire & Ice Fallen Blood

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Shards

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Stones

- Quest: Summon Fire Fallen

- Quest: Summon Ice Fallen

- Quest: Summon The Fallen Trio

- Feature: Fallen now speak... in tongues!

- Feature: Boss Combat Ring... don't leave it!

- Feature: "Touched" Arcane Contagion

- Feature: Zeds Becomes "Touched"

- Feature: Treasury Perks for Supporters

- Improved: Potions hydrate based on Alchemy Mastery

- Improved: Fallen + Loot

- Improved: Fallen Encounters

- Improved: Awakened + Loot

- Improved: Particle Performance

- Improved: Intro Quest

sorcery-insight-fallen-hellfire2.png

NEW GAME NOT REQUIRED, BACKUP TO BE SAFE!

Download Sorcery

MANUAL: Modlet, Pure XML

You install Sorcery just as you would any other pure XML Modlet. However, I cannot stress enough how horrible your experience will be (no text in-game) if you do not follow these steps of adding the (Localization Text):

1. [*=left]Download:
Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
[*=left]Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
[*=left]Drag-n-Drop: The Sorcery folder only, found within the unzipped Sorcery-master folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
[*=left]Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery)
[*=left]Open Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]Copy All Text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C (or right-click: Select All then Copy)
[*=left]Open Game Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]DELETE OLD SORCERY LOCALIZATION TEXT (if updating from older version): Found at the very bottom of the Localization file, you'll delete the OLD Sorcery Localization Text that you previously pasted in the last update. You can easily detect the start of the text as it is separated by many blank lines and starts with the following text: "SORCERY_START,,LOCALIZATION,,START,,,,,".
[*=left]Paste Localization: Scroll to the very bottom/end of the main game Localization.txt you just opened. Ensure there is no more text, just blank space. Now create one new blank line by pressing Enter. Then Paste the Sorcery Localization you Copied earlier: CTRL+V (or right-click blank space at the very bottom/end, then: Paste)
[*=left]Verify & Save: If everything looks good, Save the Localization.txt file: CTRL+S
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

LAUNCHER: Mod, SDX

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. [*=left]Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
    [*=left]Download Launcher:
7D2D Mod Launcher
[*=left]Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
[*=left]Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
[*=left]Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
[*=left]Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
[*=left]Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

Credit

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

:star: Supporters make ongoing development possible!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

HAHA... just thought of another question. So first day on installation using the modlauncher went perfect as well I used the manage mod button and activated several cool available modlets with no problem. I wanted to go back today and look at possibly activating other modlets since the initial experience went so smooth. I have tried for 2 days and when I hit the manage modlets button it does nothing. I mean you can tell its trying to launch but never does. Any ideas?

Ensure you're using the latest Mod Launcher version, then:

1.) Sorcery + Modlet: Sorcery > Manage Modlets > Download Other

2.) Mod + Sorcery: Primary Mod > Manage Modlets > Download Sorcery

(Mod Launcher Troubleshooting)

** Sorcery has been made fully compatible with: Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst, War of the Walkers and Fantasy Mod. Compatibility is not guaranteed or ensured with other mods.

I feel like I'm missing something.

The quest asks me to create (and then place) a Fire Conjure, which requires a point in Fire Mastery. However, I can't train Fire Mastery -- even with 10/10 in Attribute: Sorcery, the UI tells me "You must increase your Attribute: Sorcery before purchasing this perk." It tells me that for Ice Mastery and Lightning Mastery too. It let me max out Alchemy Mastery, Essence Mastery, Spellcast Mastery, and Rune Mastery, but not those three. Are they unfinished or am I missing something?

Alpha 17.4 (b4), single player (Steam) no other mods, also tried a17.4 dedicated (with other mods).

Edited by psouza4 (see edit history)

I feel like I'm missing something.

The quest asks me to create (and then place) a Fire Conjure, which requires a point in Fire Mastery. However, I can't train Fire Mastery -- even with 10/10 in Attribute. <.....>

Hi, the Sorcery Intro Quest (Purple Book: The Awakening) must be read, which leads to drinking one or all of the Element Mastery Elixirs (unlocks the element mastery+base perks). This intro book is given on the Toolbar of all new games.

Hi, the Sorcery Intro Quest (Purple Book: The Awakening) must be read, which leads to drinking one or all of the Element Mastery Elixirs (unlocks the element mastery+base perks). This intro book is given on the Toolbar of all new games.
Thanks for the reply!

I've read the purple book but didn't see any elixir. The skill tree descriptions don't mention that it's gated behind a quest, either, so that's what stumped me. It just says I don't have enough Skill: Sorcery attribute (which is maxed, hah).

Good work so far, though -- just needs some hand-holding how to unlock stuff that is seemingly already unlocked.

Thanks for the reply!

I've read the purple book but didn't see any elixir. The skill tree descriptions don't mention that it's gated behind a quest, either, so that's what stumped me. It just says I don't have enough Skill: Sorcery attribute (which is maxed, hah).

Good work so far, though -- just needs some hand-holding how to unlock stuff that is seemingly already unlocked.

The Mastery Elixirs come from reading Intro > Altin's Letter > Altin's Journal of <Element> Mastery.

There are plans to make this more clear and easier to follow with the A18 update! :)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29229[/ATTACH]

enjoying the mod a lot. played stand alone to get used to it but then i used mod launcher to use it with WoTW. and I am getting basic text.

No description, followed what I had to do and it still gives me the basic text

You need to follow the localization directions.

Glad you're having fun! :)

Guppy's right, you must follow the Localization steps:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Mod-Launcher#localization

If I'm reading the A18 patch notes correctly, Localization from Mods will be handled automatically in A18! (save server pushing atm)

I started the MOD and with Ravenhurst and it runs wonderful. I am so excited to play but I am having an issue understanding crafting. I looked at the Wiki and it had information but couldn't find anything on how to replenish your spells, craft spells and what all the different items do. Is there a YouTube video for noobs to this modlet?

I know you are given 3 spells to start but when they get degraded/depleted (like when a stone axe gets to the point of needing a repair or new stone axe to be made), how to I "repair" them? I made the mistake of choosing "repair" for fire spell given at beginning of game and it disappeared. Please help and thank you in advance for response to anyone who can help!

I started the MOD and with Ravenhurst and it runs wonderful. I am so excited to play but I am having an issue understanding crafting. I looked at the Wiki and it had information but couldn't find anything on how to replenish your spells, craft spells and what all the different items do. Is there a YouTube video for noobs to this modlet?

I know you are given 3 spells to start but when they get degraded/depleted (like when a stone axe gets to the point of needing a repair or new stone axe to be made), how to I "repair" them? I made the mistake of choosing "repair" for fire spell given at beginning of game and it disappeared. Please help and thank you in advance for response to anyone who can help!

Hi Jamolisim, when following the Sorcery Intro Quest (purple book), you then read Altin's Letter (purple note) that gives you Three Books (one for each element). When choosing one or all of those books, they'll instruct you to craft and place a "Conjure" for that element. You place Harvested Essence (Boulders/Trees/Ore) in the Conjure and "cook" it... just like you would a Forge. This in turn let's you craft Spells and Resources of that element, which you'll see in the interface of the Conjure.

Here's a very useful intro to the Spells by Sorcerer Altin (go figure!):

On a good side note, I'm currently writing an ocean of Journal Tips for the upcoming A18 Journal support to help explain features immediately in game. Additionally, the Intro and Quests are being simplified to explain further. :)

Hi Jamolisim, when following the Sorcery Intro Quest (purple book), you then read Altin's Letter (purple note) that gives you Three Books (one for each element). When choosing one or all of those books, they'll instruct you to craft and place a "Conjure" for that element. You place Harvested Essence (Boulders/Trees/Ore) in the Conjure and "cook" it... just like you would a Forge. This in turn let's you craft Spells and Resources of that element, which you'll see in the interface of the Conjure.

Here's a very useful intro to the Spells by Sorcerer Altin (go figure!):

On a good side note, I'm currently writing an ocean of Journal Tips for the upcoming A18 Journal support to help explain features immediately in game. Additionally, the Intro and Quests are being simplified to explain further. :)

Thank you so much for the prompt response! I'll take a look at the video and see if that helps. I already have crafted the fire and ice conjure stations and used the mortar to change the essences I have gathered into powder/dust but was still confused. Excited to understand and play with your mod as it is awesome! Now if I can just figure out what these arrows are for...:02.47-tranquillity:

sorcery-a18-skills.png

Sorcery A18 Overhaul

Releasing November!

sorcery-teaser-unholy-element.png

The Elders sense an Unholy presence arising!

...will you be ready?

sorcery-a18-spirit.png

Spirit Resource

Long past due, the independent Spirit Resource is now in!

"Spirit is the arcane energy required to perform Sorcery, such as Spellcasting."

A17.x - Sorcery v0.85

sorcery-insight-fallen-trio.png

THE AWAKENING v0.85 - NOW PUBLIC LIVE!

- Fallen: Fire Sorcerer Priests now wander the Burnt Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Fallen: Ice Sorcerer Priests now wander the Snow Forest & Wastelands, Caves, Hordes and Blood Moons!

- Item: Fire & Ice Fallen Blood

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Shards

- Item: Fire & Ice Ritual Stones

- Quest: Summon Fire Fallen

- Quest: Summon Ice Fallen

- Quest: Summon The Fallen Trio

- Feature: Fallen now speak... in tongues!

- Feature: Boss Combat Ring... don't leave it!

- Feature: "Touched" Arcane Contagion

- Feature: Zeds Becomes "Touched"

- Feature: Treasury Perks for Supporters

- Improved: Potions hydrate based on Alchemy Mastery

- Improved: Fallen + Loot

- Improved: Fallen Encounters

- Improved: Awakened + Loot

- Improved: Particle Performance

- Improved: Intro Quest

sorcery-insight-fallen-hellfire2.png

NEW GAME NOT REQUIRED, BACKUP TO BE SAFE!

Download Sorcery

MANUAL: Modlet, Pure XML

You install Sorcery just as you would any other pure XML Modlet. However, I cannot stress enough how horrible your experience will be (no text in-game) if you do not follow these steps of adding the (Localization Text):

1. [*=left]Download:
Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
[*=left]Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
[*=left]Drag-n-Drop: The Sorcery folder only, found within the unzipped Sorcery-master folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
[*=left]Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery)
[*=left]Open Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]Copy All Text: CTRL+A then CTRL+C (or right-click: Select All then Copy)
[*=left]Open Game Localizations: (\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt) & (Localization - Quest.txt)
[*=left]DELETE OLD SORCERY LOCALIZATION TEXT (if updating from older version): Found at the very bottom of the Localization file, you'll delete the OLD Sorcery Localization Text that you previously pasted in the last update. You can easily detect the start of the text as it is separated by many blank lines and starts with the following text: "SORCERY_START,,LOCALIZATION,,START,,,,,".
[*=left]Paste Localization: Scroll to the very bottom/end of the main game Localization.txt you just opened. Ensure there is no more text, just blank space. Now create one new blank line by pressing Enter. Then Paste the Sorcery Localization you Copied earlier: CTRL+V (or right-click blank space at the very bottom/end, then: Paste)
[*=left]Verify & Save: If everything looks good, Save the Localization.txt file: CTRL+S
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

LAUNCHER: Mod, SDX

Sorcery is fully integrated into the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as an SDX Mod, with automatic Localization handling... praise The Gods (and @sphereii)! If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. [*=left]Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
    [*=left]Download Launcher:
7D2D Mod Launcher
[*=left]Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
[*=left]Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
[*=left]Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
[*=left]Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
[*=left]Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
[*=left]AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

Credit

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

Supporters make ongoing development possible!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Looking forward to A18! I have a question for mod launcher and Steam. 18.1 comes out on Monday and I am running 17.4 though Steam today. When 18.1 comes out and updates on Steam, what do I do in the mod launcher? Don't I have to point to the path where my 7D2D is and create a new version on a different path on my HD for the new game to run mods? I'm confused!

Looking forward to A18! I have a question for mod launcher and Steam. 18.1 comes out on Monday and I am running 17.4 though Steam today. When 18.1 comes out and updates on Steam, what do I do in the mod launcher? Don't I have to point to the path where my 7D2D is and create a new version on a different path on my HD for the new game to run mods? I'm confused!

The Mod Launcher will load an entirely separate config for A18, handling the transition with ease! :)

The Mod Launcher will load an entirely separate config for A18, handling the transition with ease! :)

But doesn't it depend on what version I am running for my base game on Steam? For example, let's say I do not upgrade to 18.1 on Steam and stay at 17.4. I cannot go into the mod launcher and play 18.1 version, correct? I went to your discord but nobody is responding to me so sorry for clogging up this thread! I just need help...thnaks.

But doesn't it depend on what version I am running for my base game on Steam? For example, let's say I do not upgrade to 18.1 on Steam and stay at 17.4. I cannot go into the mod launcher and play 18.1 version, correct? I went to your discord but nobody is responding to me so sorry for clogging up this thread! I just need help...thnaks.

Did you go to the right Discord? I don't see you there. Hop on and I'll talk you through it. :)

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Sorcery A18 is coming this month... as soon as 1-2 week(s).

I highly recommend experiencing and enjoying vanilla A18 in the meantime.

The Pimps seem to have outdone themselves with this one! :)

A handful of QoL features and surprises will be making their way in with Sorcery A18.

Sorcery A17.x (v0.85) is being "frozen" and will remain as-is on the Mod Launcher and download instructions updated here.

Sorcery Versions

A18 - Sorcery A18 (October)

A17.x - Sorcery v0.85 (Public, Feature-Freeze)

sorcery-a18-skills.png

Sorcery A18 Overhaul

UPDATE: Releasing October!

sorcery-a18-fire-attribute.pngAttributes / Skill Trees

The entire Sorcery Skill Tree is being overhauled! One of the major changes being each Element is now an Attribute (Mastery) with its own Skill Tree! This opens A LOT of exciting doors while making Sorcery more fun and less confusing. Old redundancies are removed while new fun perks and skills added.

sorcery-a18-elixirs.png

Skill Elixirs

Rare loot obtained through means of defeating The Fallen and Awakened, consumable Skill Elixirs will aid your Elemental progression!

sorcery-a18-spirit.png

Spirit Resource

"Spirit is the arcane energy required to perform Sorcery, such as Spellcasting."

sorcery-a18-skills.png

Sorcery A18 Overhaul

UPDATE: Releasing October!

sorcery-a18-fire-attribute.pngAttributes / Skill Trees

The entire Sorcery Skill Tree is being overhauled! One of the major changes being each Element is now an Attribute (Mastery) with its own Skill Tree! This opens A LOT of exciting doors while making Sorcery more fun and less confusing. Old redundancies are removed while new fun perks and skills added.

sorcery-a18-elixirs.png

Skill Elixirs

Rare loot obtained through means of defeating The Fallen and Awakened, consumable Skill Elixirs will aid your Elemental progression!

sorcery-a18-spirit.png

Spirit Resource

Close to release mate looking good as always

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!