🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

oh my god, finally tier 3 fire spell. kinda love fire due to starter quest. looking forward for the update and hope it is compatible with ravenhearst and darknessfall. hope it is not required to make a restart of a new game

Yep.. not gonna lie, Meteor is pretty badass! :)

RH and DF compatibility should remain 100%. I'll be doing further testing/tweaking as needed post Friday release.

New Game should not be required, but as always, you'll want to backup your save(s) just in case.

Was wondering if there is a reason why sometimes when i fight off big groups of zeds the firenado when landing on the ground stays there for a really long time. Can that firenado get fed with new stacks from nearby zeds and affect them further or is that just a glitch?

Visual fluke... sounds cool tho! Firenado is seeing a nice improvement in this Friday's massive update. :)

Is it normal for conjures to give me excessive stuttering when turned on? It's really laggy in the menu but I mean when walking in the world away from my house.

Yes. The "Forge" class is known to be extremely bad on FPS while opened. I have no control over this, sorry.

Yeah the effects look cool, though my team was slightly annoyed by the fact that she could not hit anything due to the crazy flames taking over the screen .. well some curious cows did their part as they cause the effect to scale up even more.

The conjures and forges seem to flicker even more now though. Best way to use them is stop them to add new crafting tasks and then let them continue. Let's hope they get to improve on that in the future.

By the way, do conjures inherit from the forges that they attract screamers?

The Official Sorcery Discord Server

sorcery-discord-logo.png

...excited for the massive update this Friday?

Perfect time to get acquainted with The Official Sorcery Discord!

Going forward, for sanity and time management reasons, The Official Sorcery Discord linked above is the primary place that'll see all Sorcery updates/QnA first. If you'd like a question answered as soon as possible, that's the place to ask it. Other Sorcery channels are still open and active and will be monitored secondary.

The "crazy flames" AKA gigantic particles are caused by issues with custom/imported models of other mods. There are ways to fix it, but it's in the other modders realm as they have the models.

Just curious. Does the Perception trait have any bearing on spell accuracy or impact given that you are using a bow launcher movement to cast the spell? Still loving it and can't wait to get the next set of spells etc

17.3 + v0.7 KNOWN BUG: NO XP FOR SPELL KILLS RESOLVED IN FRIDAY UPDATE

There is a known bug with the new 17.3 update and Sorcery v0.7 (current):

Spells do not grant XP :( This has been resolved with this Friday's update! :D

Thank you @Snow from Discord for discovering this so quickly!

Just curious. Does the Perception trait have any bearing on spell accuracy or impact given that you are using a bow launcher movement to cast the spell? Still loving it and can't wait to get the next set of spells etc

Answered in the Sorcery Discord: Not at this time, though there's potential future plans!

SORCERY (v0.75) - LIGHTNING RELEASE NOTES

Lightning v0.75 is now LIVE!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

sorcery-lightning-conjure-three.jpg

v0.75 LIGHTNING Update

v0.75 - Lightning Release Notes

• NEW: Lightning Mastery

• NEW: Lightning, T1 Spell

• NEW: Nova, T2 Lightning Spell

• NEW: Storm, T3 Lightning Spell

• NEW: Meteor, T3 Fire Spell

• NEW: Teleport - Secondary

• NEW: Energy Shield - Secondary

• NEW: Lightning Runes

• NEW: Lightning Loot

• NEW: Lightning Strike Rune

• NEW: Spell Impact Stagger

• NEW: Spell Charge Block Dmg + Speed

• NEW: Cast Time per Spell

• NEW: Degradation per Spell

• NEW: Cooldown indication

• OPTIMIZED: Spell Performance

• BALANCE: Various spell balances

• PENDING: Further spell balancing

• WIP: The "Shower" upgrade of Meteor is WIP and will proc a Firenado instead of the epic additional Meteorites

WARNING: This should work with your existing game (17.2/17.3), but always backup first! Though it's been found to work in testing, it may not for others.

:star:A very special thank you to the supporters of Sorcery that make ongoing development possible:

Lord Altin, Sir Otto Knabe, Lady Darkness and Sir Pythonpakman

Enjoying Sorcery?

sorcery-patreon-logo.png

You can help development!

...become a Noble, Lord or Royalty ...the choice and reward is yours!

:star:Patrons of Sorcery are given Early Access, top priority, respect and various other perks for making the ongoing development and evolution of Sorcery possible!

:star: THANK YOU for your ongoing support, it's appreciated more than you know! -Dev

Edited by Devrix
SORCERY (v0.75) - LIGHTNING NOW LIVE! (see edit history)

can some one plz tell me where to find the mod fantasy mod tk u

Hola,esta en el Launcher, lo acabo de probar.

Yep, it's in the Mod Launcher! :)

Sorcery comes pre-installed, no need to install it separately.

While i would say the lightning is looking and .. well feeling good, it sure lacks a bit compared to the fire. Dunno if the lightning should not deal a substantial damage as well. Considering that if someone is hit by lightning they usually either instantly die or get nasty burns OR lucky survive.

Leaving the last option out, the effect i see on the zeds with the blast of purple is really a bit weak on the feel, good on the eye though. Love the style and the stuneffect, just please pimp it a bit regarding damage (or is there a way to boost the damage to actually kill zeds with lightning like fire can).

Another question, was wondering, my friends using Military Armor and me Sorcery Armor both found some carrying capacity mods.

They sure were able to use it and i was still running cucumber style. (encumbered ofc)

So i checked and found that Darkness Falls seems to have a tag that is not in your sorcery items.xml.

"armorRigging" for Chest Armor pieces.

Would you want to include that for DF players please?

There are other things i can understand you not having included in the tags for the Sorcery gear like insulation but pure carrying capacity should not be ignored by clever sorcerers, we need pockets too.. remember those magic pockets ... we should have endless space (just kidding):p

After the update, spells seem to have much less damage than they did and the newly introduced lightning spells are doing so little damage that it is not even worth wasting your points on them. I have to use 5 fully charged first tier lightning spells on a regular zombie to take it down and that is when i had invested 3 points in the lightning spell talent. It doesn't matter if you are facing up against 5 zombies it is still not worth the effort. Fire spells aren't also that fine as well, i mean you can't neccessarily feel like a archwizard when you need to drop at least two or three huge ass meteors on a zombie biker to kill it. To be honest, for the late game i only used the teleportation and speed and jump buff from the fire spellcast.

0.75 Spell damage is too low ......

While i would say the lightning is looking and .. well feeling good, it sure lacks a bit compared to the fire.......

just please pimp it a bit regarding damage (or is there a way to boost the damage to actually kill zeds with lightning like fire can).

Another question, was wondering, my friends using Military Armor and me Sorcery Armor both found some carrying capacity mods.....

Thank you for the lol on the "pimp it a bit" :p

All Tier 1 Spells have actually seen a pretty big nerf in direct damage. This includes the old and powerful T1 Fire. Lightning T1 does as much and even more than Fire in some circumstances.

Sorcerer Armor has zero effect on Movement Speed / Stamina Drain. Nearly all pieces grant special attributes, element resist and can be modded (accessories included). Additionally, each point that unlocks a New Essence grants 1 Inventory Space (15 total). Because of this, and the powerful Sorcery Only Rune Mods, it's likely to stay as is.

v0.75 - T1 Spell Damage Nerf

Tier 1 Spells: Freebie Spells that are primarily used to apply Stacks and augment/multiply the damage of self and T2+ Spells. Can be Charged to 4 Stacks before releasing/casting (this will apply 4 stacks instantly to target and AOE). These Spells are 100% retrievable from foes.

Tier 2 Spells: Good-to-Great damage+effects, typically providing good AOE. Most effective with one or more Stacks present on a foe.

Tier 3 Spells: Good-to-Great damage+great effects, large AOE+Duration. Most effective with one or more Stacks present on a foe.

Spell Charging: T1 Spells can "Charge" to 4 Stacks before releasing it (Hold Primary Action). This not only adds the number of Charges as Stacks to the target but also a small AOE around them. T2+ Spells can Charge 1 Stack. These "Charges" AKA Stacks Multiply All Damage of The Same Element and are usually required to proc useful/powerful effects like: Arc, Chain, Meteor Shower, Lightning Bolt, Deep Freeze, etc.

UPDATE: I'm officially taking a several day break from development to do a Sorcery playthrough of my own with the new updates. It's long past due will give me a fresh perspective and feel for all the changes and allow for further proper balancing where needed.

Yay, Lightning is out and I get to try electrocuting some zombies. -gives the creator some cookies-
Thanks... I'm on a diet! :laugh: Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

Lightning v0.75 is now LIVE! - Sticky

Lightning v0.75 is now LIVE!

sorcery-lightning-conjure-three.jpg

v0.75 LIGHTNING Update

v0.75 - Lightning Release Notes

• HOTFIXED: Enabled certain recipes
  • NEW: Lightning Mastery

• NEW: Lightning, T1 Spell

• NEW: Nova, T2 Lightning Spell

• NEW: Storm, T3 Lightning Spell

• NEW: Meteor, T3 Fire Spell

• NEW: Teleport - Secondary

• NEW: Energy Shield - Secondary

• NEW: Lightning Runes

• NEW: Lightning Loot

• NEW: Lightning Strike Rune

• NEW: Spell Impact Stagger

• NEW: Spell Charge Block Dmg + Speed

• NEW: Cast Time per Spell

• NEW: Degradation per Spell

• NEW: Cooldown indication

• OPTIMIZED: Spell Performance

• BALANCE: Various spell balances

• PENDING: Further spell balancing

• WIP: The "Shower" upgrade of Meteor is WIP and will proc a Firenado instead of the epic additional Meteorites

WARNING: This should work with your existing game (17.2/17.3), but always backup first! Though it's been found to work in testing, it may not for others.

:star:A very special thank you to the supporters of Sorcery that make ongoing development possible:

Lord Altin, Sir Otto Knabe, Lady Darkness, Sir Pythonpakman and Sir Tekkor

Enjoying Sorcery?

sorcery-patreon-logo.png

You can help development!

...become a Noble, Lord or Royalty ...the choice and reward is yours!

:star:Patrons of Sorcery are given Early Access, top priority, respect and various other perks for making the ongoing development and evolution of Sorcery possible!

:star: THANK YOU for your ongoing support, it's appreciated more than you know! -Dev

v0.75 - T1 Spell Damage Nerf

Tier 1 Spells: Freebie Spells that are primarily used to apply Stacks and augment/multiply the damage of self and T2+ Spells. Can be Charged to 4 Stacks before releasing/casting (this will apply 4 stacks instantly to target and AOE). These Spells are 100% retrievable from foes.

Tier 2 Spells: Good-to-Great damage+effects, typically providing good AOE. Most effective with one or more Stacks present on a foe.

Tier 3 Spells: Good-to-Great damage+great effects, large AOE+Duration. Most effective with one or more Stacks present on a foe.

Spell Charging: T1 Spells can "Charge" to 4 Stacks before releasing it (Hold Primary Action). This not only adds the number of Charges as Stacks to the target but also a small AOE around them. T2+ Spells can Charge 1 Stack. These "Charges" AKA Stacks Multiply All Damage of The Same Element and are usually required to proc useful/powerful effects like: Arc, Chain, Meteor Shower, Lightning Bolt, Deep Freeze, etc.

UPDATE: I'm officially taking a several day break from development to do a Sorcery playthrough of my own with the new updates. It's long past due will give me a fresh perspective and feel for all the changes and allow for further proper balancing where needed.

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!