🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

@icymage84 - Sent you a PM to see if I can help resolve the issue you are seeing. It's definitely not normal - I have DF/RH dedicated servers, each with Sorcery 0.7, and neither sees the NREs.

Received your PM, replied. Appreciated the assistance.

Sounds like something is clashing for you. Whether it's RH or one of the other Modlets. There are no recent changes that would trigger an issue in the skill tree. Can you give more information, please: Sorcery version (check console: F1 on startup), Mod Names (other than RH). When did you notice the error and when did you update RH/Sorcery? I know RH was also recently updated.

Ok, found the error with Jaga's help. Ended up the HD modlets series caused the issue even though they shouldn't affect skills.

Appreciated the assistance from all.

Also, sorcery mod is one of the best thing to come since Valmod and Ravenhearst, Had been playing for a long time

Ok, found the error with Jaga's help. Ended up the HD modlets series caused the issue even though they shouldn't affect skills. Appreciated the assistance from all.

Also, sorcery mod is one of the best thing to come since Valmod and Ravenhearst, Had been playing for a long time

Awesome to hear on both fronts, thank you! Always a pleasure hearing from those enjoying the mod. Much more to come! :)

Awesome, glad to hear it Icymage! And thanks for the kind words, I'm sure Devrix appreciates them.

Absolutely. Thanks for all your help as usual! :)

This sounds like a vanilla game bug. Spellcast weapons simply use the "catapult" / bow mechanics for shooting and reloading ammo (Spells). This would be directly related to those mechanics, as Sorcery doesn't (nor can) change these mechanics directly to cause this issue. I'll do some thorough testing on P2P and report this directly TFP if I can properly reproduce it.

Yeah, thought as much, that is why I tried with the compound bow when I was testing it. :)

Fantasy Mod

@ Devrix

Have a question .. Why are there 2 version of this on the Mod Launcher .. 1 is called " Sorcery " and the other is called the " Fantasy Mod " ??

Both are linked to the same home page. Just wondering … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Fantasy Mod

@Lichti is the the developer of Fantasy Mod, which is a fantastic Medieval Fantasy Overhaul of the vanilla game. Sorcery is automatically included with Fantasy Mod to integrate magic into the world, at Lichti's request. I'll be ensuring a full integration of the two (Essence drops where they should be, etc.) very soon here. Once that's done, I'll include more information about the integration of the two... right now, it's a pre-release WIP. :)

Hi Axynours, this sounds like a graphical / GPU glitch or missing Mod Resources folder. A few things to try:

• Update to your latest video card drivers
  • Check 7d2d video settings (try max/min both, restart each time)
  • Test the issue with other particle effects (Torch > Burning)
  • Ensure you're using latest game version: 17.2
  • Reinstall Sorcery

Also, your computer specs would help: GPU, CPU, RAM

Hey, thx for your response, just find the problem on my girlfriend computer:

When you go to the launcher settings, don't forget to play with "Directx 11" ...

Everything works fine now ;)

Have you considered adding Earth based spells or even borrow from the radiated environment with something like Radium?

What about adding elemental beings for each mastery? Beings the player must initially destroy in order to harvest important, and perhaps essential, Core Essences. Off the top of my head and borrowing heavily from old tropes... ICE: Frost Giant or Ice Golem. Fire: Magma Fiend or Fire Wraith. Lightning: Storm Sentient or Charged Specter. Earth beings could comprise of something like a Trent or Nature Spirit. And Radium might have something like, Unstable Construct, Decaying Nightmare or Shambling Horror.

You could also give the player infinities with certain dominated elementals in the form of boosters to magic, pertaining to said elemental, while in the presence of that elemental.

You could also summon these things, ( perhaps stronger versions of the ones you have previously dominated ) but with a high resource cost and perhaps also, a hit to players health and overall resistance to the attacks of other beings outside of the field of magic, ( and of opposing magics, more below ) of the summoned being, to simulate the summons is draining you. Think Raistlin from the Dragonlance series; capable of terrifying power, but weak as a kitten afterwords.

Each elemental discipline of magic could also have strengths and weaknesses depending on the biome and summoned being and cause extra hatred by an opposing elemental to the currently used spell discipline. So for example, you summon an Ice Golem in the snow biome and it and you are more powerful, than lets say, you summoned the same being and used the same magic in the Forrest region.

Conversely, Forrest Elementals spawn more frequently and attack with more ferocity because they consider frost a treat to their existence in their biome.

So you could do, Fire and Ice oppose, Earth and Radium oppose, Earth and Fire oppose ect.

Just throwing some ideas out off the top of my head. I see great potential here. Have you thought about the use of staves? Staves could be a later game weapon which is hard to build, unstable to all but the most powerful...

Best of luck to you on this.

We don't really need to add new monsters, we already have elemental monsters...

The burning zombies could give fire essence, the lumberjacks frost essence, and the irradiated zombies could give lightning.

The best part is that the essence would fit in, and could explain why those zombies behave the way that they do.

The other thing to remember is that adding in summoned, controllable monsters and new monsters in general would STOP this mod being XPath.

Because then you need to patch the DLL.

There's a few tricks up the sleeve to achieve Summons / Companions / Minions without requiring this. They'll, of course, have a "mind of their own", but it works perfectly if "directly controllable AI" isn't the focus. We'll see what A18+ has in store to expand this even further.

Elemental Enemies are coming soon after Lightning: The Awakened

These will be vanilla entity variants, imbued with The Elements: Tiers 1-5 + Bosses, they'll possess very nasty and different abilities than walking around mindlessly. :)

Super excited for tier 3 fire spell fire is my favorite so far! I was wondering something. I noticed if I chop down oak trees i get fire essence but if I chop down oak trees i planted i don't. Is this normal? I thought maybe it was to help prevent easy fire essence farming but thought maybe it might be a bug.

Super excited for tier 3 fire spell fire is my favorite so far! I was wondering something. I noticed if I chop down oak trees i get fire essence but if I chop down oak trees i planted i don't. Is this normal? I thought maybe it was to help prevent easy fire essence farming but thought maybe it might be a bug.

It doesn't disappoint! :D Planted trees must be fully grown to harvest Essence and will naturally give less than wild trees. This may be revisited later with the addition of Essence Harvest / Drop changes incoming later.

It doesn't disappoint! :D Planted trees must be fully grown to harvest Essence and will naturally give less than wild trees. This may be revisited later with the addition of Essence Harvest / Drop changes incoming later.

oh neat! How do i tell if a tree is fully grown? It has the full 900 health just like it does in the wild

oh neat! How do i tell if a tree is fully grown? It has the full 900 health just like it does in the wild

I believe the fully grown (planted) trees always have 1200 life and are huge. Honestly though, it's hard to tell and probably needs changed to drop Essence at all stages.

I believe the fully grown (planted) trees always have 1200 life and are huge. Honestly though, it's hard to tell and probably needs changed to drop Essence at all stages.

*playful sarcasm tone* Yes that is super important and you need to get right on that IMMEDIATELY. I know you aren't working on anything super big or important right now and reworking/adding to the spell system or anything like that. In all seriousness great job love the mod even if it does seem to make it quite a bit easier.

Was wondering if there is a reason why sometimes when i fight off big groups of zeds the firenado when landing on the ground stays there for a really long time. Can that firenado get fed with new stacks from nearby zeds and affect them further or is that just a glitch?