🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

Sadly can't get this to work on 17.2 stable

I just have bags in my hands and when I try to click nothing happens. Don't get any errors. Don't even get the starter quest.

Hi Elsher, there shouldn't be any issues with 17.2; most likely another element at play, let's take a look:

1. Do you have any other mods installed?
  2. Are you trying a new game or existing world?
  3. Are you trying to cast spells directly from your hands (bags in hands)?
    • Spells must be cast through a "Spellcast" weapon, not directly

I just have bags in my hands and when I try to click nothing happens. Don't get any errors. Don't even get the starter quest.

LOL throwing bags at zombies isnt really effective..... The zs tend to get angrier lol... Maybe try cm the quest book which you get when you spawn in a new game automatically. then you need to go thru the steps to became o sorcerer then you should have actual spellcast weapons these are the ones you need not the bags lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh dont forget to level up your skill in sorcery mastery :-) to

Hi Elsher, there shouldn't be any issues with 17.2; most likely another element at play, let's take a look:

1. Do you have any other mods installed?
  2. Are you trying a new game or existing world?
  3. Are you trying to cast spells directly from your hands (bags in hands)?
    • Spells must be cast through a "Spellcast" weapon, not directly

I was just holding the fireball not a special weapon I retry.

It does appear that there are issues with Sorcery and every backpack size mod I've tried. I think I'll have to modify some things to prevent this. Sadly my play testing is dead in the water for now.

F82A91790036D8BABC328954713436EB48B0EC1F

I gotta 375 slot backpack and no issues

edit: argh didnt see the over lap my apologies. early morning start lol. Devrix is on it mate :-)

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

It does appear that there are issues with Sorcery and every backpack size mod I've tried. I think I'll have to modify some things to prevent this. Sadly my play testing is dead in the water for now.

@Krazzykid2006, I can look into a simple workaround for this. The "Conjures" simply use a modified Forge interface. Expanded Backpack mods probably move around the layout of the Forge and other crafting stations. We can easily adapt to or create a patch for this. Which backpack mods did you try?

Hey nice mod!

How exactly do you perform the transmutation ritual? Also the level 4 and 5 bits don't seem to be dropping unless there's a specific thing I'm supposed to be farming.

Other than those two things, which may be my fault, it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks, the Transmutation Rituals are disabled atm.

In order for Level 2-5 Essence to drop, you must put points into Fire/Ice Mastery. Once you do that, they'll have a rare chance to drop off all the same sources as the others (see Essence Guide on main thread).

@Krazzykid2006, I can look into a simple workaround for this. The "Conjures" simply use a modified Forge interface. Expanded Backpack mods probably move around the layout of the Forge and other crafting stations. We can easily adapt to or create a patch for this. Which backpack mods did you try?

Yeah the backpack mods do move the interfaces around. The one I was using in the screenshot was Hoarder's big backpack, https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94703-Hoarder-s-big-backpack-and-storage&highlight=hoarder+backpack

I think the other one I tried was the 300 (now 320) slot mod, https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?98184-300-Slot-BackPack-amp-3-Row-Crafting-Que&highlight=hoarder+backpack

I quit trying to use this mod though since that many slots makes it too hard for my poor eyes to see things (icons and text are way too small for my eyes, and that's with sitting 6 feet from a 65" screen.)

If you have an easy fix then that's awesome. Otherwise I was going to go in and modify the interface layout myself, which I can do but don't have the most experience with it myself.

Edited by Krazzykid2006 (see edit history)

Coming Soon: 0.65

Sorcery v0.65 will contain an exciting and important gameplay element... LOOT! Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Transcendent variants of clothing, armor and accessories will be making their way in the form of Sorcerer Loot. See the Loot Guide below.

Sorcery 0.65 Features

• Sorcerer Armor loot for each slot: 5 Tiers Each
  • Essence Harvesting increased
  • Tree Essence improved
  • All Spells improved
  • Spellcasting Costs reduced
  • Spellcast Cauterize improved
  • Minor tweaks and balances
  • Expanded Backpack compatibility/mod addition

Loot Guide

The quest for badass loot continues with Sorcery... no Spellcaster left behind! The Sorcery mod believes in exciting, intriguing and fun loot. Here's a teaser of what's in the works:

[TABLE=width: 737]

[TR]

[TD]Loot[/TD]

[TD]Spirit[/TD]

[TD]Essence[/TD]

[TD]Amplify[/TD]

[TD]Regen[/TD]

[TD]Mastery[/TD]

[TD]Ability[/TD]

[TD]Evolve[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Uncommon[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rare[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Epic[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Legendary[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Transcendent[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[TD]X[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Devrix
Added Loot Table (see edit history)

I've been rocking Sorcery hard this past week. Slammed it together with Devrix Tool EXP, Firearms Expansion, Flamethrower, and Summerset Villa . It works well and my inner pyromancer is very happy. Looking forward to friday 0.65. Oh with the new gear will we be getting magic melee fists if we enchant the gloves right?

I've been rocking Sorcery hard this past week. Slammed it together with Devrix Tool EXP, Firearms Expansion, Flamethrower, and Summerset Villa . It works well and my inner pyromancer is very happy. Looking forward to friday 0.65. Oh with the new gear will we be getting magic melee fists if we enchant the gloves right?

@Morphan thanks for your feedback.... happy to hear Sorcery is satisfying your inner pyromancer!

As teased earlier, the Rune Mods are very powerful and add a ton of new and potential gameplay. Although these are starting out as requiring a "Spellcast" weapon, there are future plans to integrate Sorcery into all weapon types:

7d2d-sorcery-runemastery.png

7d2d-sorcery-runemastery2.png

@Morphan thanks for your feedback.... happy to hear Sorcery is satisfying your inner pyromancer!

As teased earlier, the Rune Mods are very powerful and add a ton of new and potential gameplay. Although these are starting out as requiring a "Spellcast" weapon, there are future plans to integrate Sorcery into all weapon types:

7d2d-sorcery-runemastery.png

7d2d-sorcery-runemastery2.png

Tis Friday here already lol tick tick tick haha cant wait

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!