🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery POI Shrines Content Update Now LIVE! (v0.973) 🎃

SORCERY FALLEN CAMPS+ (v0.973) NOW LIVE!

• New Feature: Fallen Camp POI (Rare Stash, Class Runes and  more!)
  • New Feature: Elemental Bushes (1-hit harvest for abundant Essence)
  • New Feature: Shrines spawn randomly throughout the world (powerful buffs on cooldown)
  • New Feature: Plantable Immortal Essence Bushes (requires dirt, any light level, Seed can be moved)
  • New Feature: Holy Retribution Spell (granted by Shrines)
  • New Feature: Holy Purify Debuff (applied by all Holy Sorcery)
  • New Feature: Holy Purify Heal (heals targeted players)
  • New Mastery: Shrine Mastery "Worshiper" to Sorcery Perk Tree
  • Added: +24 Shrines (Touched, Drain, Potion, Scroll and more!)
  • Added: Tons of new Runes, Potions and Scrolls!
  • Added: Essence Bushes rare chance to drop plantable, immortal, seed! 
  • Changes & Fixes: Lots of anticipated changes and tweaks! Discord #Changelog

New game not required for existing v0.96 or v0.97!

ℹ️ Final Update before Sorcery A20 (v1.0 Lightning Overhaul)! If you've been waiting to play, this is the feature-packed version to dive into before A20 releases! Future versions of Sorcery will be on A20 + Experimental! ℹ️

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available.

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

PLAY WITH DARKNESS FALLS
(COMPATIBILITY PATCH UPDATED TO V1.23)

Follow the instructions below (spoiler) to play Sorcery + Darkness Falls together: 

Spoiler

‼️Install Darkness Falls first! (latest version)
1.) Download DF: http://df-forum.sorcerymod.com/ (or use Mod Launcher)

2.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
3.) Download Compatibility Patch: http://df-download.sorcerymod.com/
4.) Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip AND SorceryCompatibilityDF.zip
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
6.) Drag-n-Drop: The folder (SorceryCompatibilityDF) directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory
7.) Verify Mod Path: (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
8.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

sorcery-discord-logo.png

Just out of curiosity, how do people usually do with 3+ Fallen at a time?  I'm playing with Romero Mod (with the headshot bit turned off) and I just had a wandering horde (plus at least 4 screamers) at my base, and I ended up with 4 Ice Fallen, 1 Fire Fallen and 1 Lightning Fallen, and I died so many times trying to kill them.  I admittedly don't have very good weapons (I've been spending my time building and mining so far) but it seemed like if I got clipped by one of them (outside the fire one), they'd all be able to hit me because of the slow/pull of the ice/lightning fallen.  That meant pretty much instant death.

Is there a trick I'm missing, or is it more of a "if there are 3+ fallen, just run" type of thing?

11 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Just out of curiosity, how do people usually do with 3+ Fallen at a time?  I'm playing with Romero Mod (with the headshot bit turned off) and I just had a wandering horde (plus at least 4 screamers) at my base, and I ended up with 4 Ice Fallen, 1 Fire Fallen and 1 Lightning Fallen, and I died so many times trying to kill them.  I admittedly don't have very good weapons (I've been spending my time building and mining so far) but it seemed like if I got clipped by one of them (outside the fire one), they'd all be able to hit me because of the slow/pull of the ice/lightning fallen.  That meant pretty much instant death.

Is there a trick I'm missing, or is it more of a "if there are 3+ fallen, just run" type of thing?

sorcery-teaser-unholy-element.png

The Fallen are definitely a feisty bunch that requires constant strafing and evading! There are a few tricks to help...

• Silence Rune in any weapon/turret will prevent Fallen from healing self and others
  • Spell Turret(s) is extremely helpful in making quick work of them... try loading high tier Spells (ex. Comet, Meteor, Ice Storm, Firenado)
  • Skin Runes just released in v0.973 grant Elemental Resists of their type, reducing incoming damage!
  • Spell Traps scale off your Elemental Sorcery levelling the playing field... literally.
  • Don't Let Them See You in your base design... they'll unleash their hellfire missiles if they do. Instead, employ a design that'll force them closer (ex. into traps).

My problem was greed.  I feel like I need to harvest blood from every fallen I encounter.  If I hadn't tried to do that, dying wouldn't have been an issue.  Spell turrets with Comet spells definitely helped.

Anyway, I don't know if you're interested in suggestions, but I thought it would be pretty cool to have some "permanent" turrets (like the shotgun and smg turrets) that could be used for base defense.  I doubt you'd want to implement some whole Sorcery Power Network thing, with like an Essence Furnace burning essence to generate Sorcery power that needed to be hooked up, so I was thinking they could take either powder or extract of the corresponding element as fuel, but not burn it at too high a rate (1 per 30 seconds, maybe?) and only be able to be loaded with the basic (Fire, Ice) tier of spells.  It'd just be nice to be able to replace (almost) everything with Sorcery stuff, and I just really am enjoying the spell turrets and casting in general.

One other suggestion that I don't know if it's possible...maybe make the Fire Fallen explosion not do so much damage to dirt if that's possible?  I get a little tired of filling in holes, and I just fought one near the edge of a lake, and now the water is all kinds of messed up from her blowing up so much underwater terrain (it was like she was trying to tunnel under me or something...)

On 11/8/2021 at 7:07 AM, Vaeliorin said:

It'd just be nice to be able to replace (almost) everything with Sorcery stuff, and I just really am enjoying the spell turrets and casting in general.

There are definitely plans in the #roadmap to introduce a handful of additional Sorcery Traps, similar to this suggestion.  Also, "Ritual Traps" will introduce interactive traps that allow the player to charge up and release more devastating and supportive magics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A20 Releasing Today! (v0.98) ☃️

SORCERY A20 NOW LIVE FOR SUPPORTERS!

• Compatibility: Sorcery made compatible with A20 Experimental!
  • New Intro: Narrated cinematic intro with storytelling and lore!
  • New VFX: Staff visual effect on impacting harvestable blocks 
  • New VFX: Spell Arrows and Bolts improved + better visibility
  • Changed: Base Spell Casting / Reload Speed increased
  • Changed: Spells now launch and travel more accurately
  • Changed: Added chance for Seed when Essence Bush bulb is destroyed
  • Changed: More Essence Bushes in Forest and native Biomes
  • Changed: Shrines - blessing duration increased, frequency reduced
  • Changed: Balanced Essence from Wisps and Bushes
  • Changed: Reduced Sorcery Intro Buff benefits
  • Changed: SFX for several stations (reduced whispers)
  • Changed: Native Biomes changed: Fire> Wasteland & Burnt, Lightning> Desert, Omni> Forest
  • Added: Quest markers indicating Essence Bushes and relative stations
  • Fixed: Shrine Blessing duration inconsistencies
  • Fixed: Indestructible Rune not applying to tools, armor, clothing

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available. A special thank you for making native modding easier in A20!

👑Supporters

Supporters make ongoing development possible! Without your help, it would not be possible to put in the immense amount of time and effort required to design and create the plethora of unique assets that make Sorcery. 

sorcery-discord-logo.png

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A20 Now LIVE! (v0.98) ☃️

I get this error when trying to loot a dead sorceress (A19.6 Stable): 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameManager.TEUnlockServer (System.Int32 _clrIdx, Vector3i _blockPos, System.Int32 _lootEntityId) [0x000bd] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiC_LootWindow.CloseContainer () [0x000f6] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiC_LootWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x0006d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x00023] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.Close (GUIWindow _w, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x0000f] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.CloseAllOpenWindows (GUIWindow _exceptThis, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x00022] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at PlayerMoveController+<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<Awake>b__29 () [0x00011] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at NGuiAction.OnClick () [0x00010] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00180] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0

I don't have any explicit UI mods installed but I do have SphereIICore and NPC menus install. Is there any way to fix this?

9 minutes ago, the_event_horizonx1 said:

I get this error when trying to loot a dead sorceress (A19.6 Stable): 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameManager.TEUnlockServer (System.Int32 _clrIdx, Vector3i _blockPos, System.Int32 _lootEntityId) [0x000bd] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiC_LootWindow.CloseContainer () [0x000f6] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiC_LootWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x0006d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at XUiWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x00023] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.Close (GUIWindow _w, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x0000f] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.CloseAllOpenWindows (GUIWindow _exceptThis, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x00022] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at PlayerMoveController+<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<Awake>b__29 () [0x00011] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at NGuiAction.OnClick () [0x00010] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00180] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0

I don't have any explicit UI mods installed but I do have SphereIICore and NPC menus install. Is there any way to fix this?

You can remove other mods one by one and narrow down the culprit. This is not a vanilla Sorcery issue, making it near impossible to troubleshoot for you.

7 hours ago, the_event_horizonx1 said:

Thanks for the quick response! But doesn't the version of deep pockets that comes with Sorcery have specific features meant to be used along side Sorcery? Will using different inventory expansion mod affect that?

Deep Pockets is designed to be optional, maximizing compatibility with other mods. 

sorcery-a20-public.jpg

SORCERY A20 NOW PUBLIC! (v0.984)

• Compatibility: Sorcery made fully compatible with A20!
  • New Intro: Narrated cinematic intro with storytelling and lore!
  • New Item: Recall Incantation (Enables teleporting back to base. Unlimited use, 1 Hour Cooldown.)
  • New Item: Omni Blood (Craftable at Alchemy Station)
  • New Item: Spell Knockback Rune (Spell Ammo pushes back their target)
  • Added: Arcane Familiar now works in multiplayer/server :arcane:
  • Added: Arcane Familiar improvements
  • Added: Fallen Camp Quests to traders!
  • Added: True Fallen Camp POIs that place into the modular system of A20
  • Added: Staff VFX on impacting harvestable blocks 
  • Added: Quest markers indicating Essence Bushes during intro quests
  • Added: Holiday surprise!
  • Changed: Base Spell Casting / Reload Speed increased
  • Changed: Spells now launch and travel more accurately
  • Changed: Spell Arrows and Bolts improved + better visibility
  • Changed: Added chance for Seed when Essence Bush bulb is destroyed
  • Changed: More Essence Bushes in Forest and native Biomes
  • Changed: Shrines - blessing duration increased, frequency reduced
  • Changed: Balanced Essence from Wisps and Bushes
  • Changed: Reduced Sorcery Intro Buff benefits
  • Changed: SFX for several stations (reduced whispers)
  • Changed: Native Biomes changed: Fire> Wasteland & Burnt, Lightning> Desert, Omni> Forest
  • Changed: Planted Essence Bushes now grow after 1 game day (1 hour) 
  • Changed: Shrines now recharge in 4 game days, down from 6
  • Changed: Omni Blood required in expensive recipes
  • Changed: Summoning Rituals require 1 less Fallen Blood
  • Changed: Lucky Runes no longer have Spirit Burden penalties
  • Fixed: Shrine Blessing duration inconsistencies
  • Fixed: Indestructible Rune not applying to tools, armor, clothing
  • Fixed: Recall Scroll no longer sometimes fails; now uses actual Teleport
  • Fixed: Recall Scroll couldn't be crafted; not detecting bedroll recipe
  • Fixed: Arcane Chest animation & sound removed; performance and stuck issues
  • Fixed: Armor Set intro kill quests would not complete with a kill 

ℹ️ New A20 game is required due to additions and A20 conversion. ℹ️

YOU AGREE TO THE FULL TERMS OF USE AND DISCLAIMER HEREIN BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE SORCERY MOD:

DOWNLOAD SORCERY

1. Download: Sorcery-master.zip (latest version)
  2. Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip
  3. Drag-n-Drop: The two folders (Sorcery + Deep Pockets), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into your Mods folder (\7 Days To Die\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Verify Mod Path: (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Sorcery) + (\7 Days To Die\Mods\Deep Pockets)
  5. Disable EAC: EasyAntiCheat must be disabled through the Game Launcher for certain features to work
  6. Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

MOD LAUNCHER

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get started:

1. Steam Sync: Open Steam, right-click 7 Days to Die, select Properties, select Local Files, select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will ensure you're using a clean version of the game, which is required for use with the Mod Launcher.
  2. Download Launcher: 7D2D Mod Launcher
  3. Install Launcher: Run the launcher installer SetupInstaller.msi
  4. Run Launcher: Locate and select Sorcery within the mods list.
  5. Install Sorcery: With Sorcery selected, click Install Game Copy.
  6. Delete Mods Folder: You may be prompted to delete a detected Mods Folder; I recommend selecting "Yes". You can install additional Mods with Sorcery later, if desired.
  7. Pre-Sync Mod: Finally, select Pre-Sync Mod, then "Yes" you would like to download it.
  8. AWAKEN ESSENCE: Play Mod and you're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

** Game Updates: You must Uninstall and Reinstall Sorcery through the launcher when new game updates are released. Don't worry, your saves are safe and will be retained. If you experience any errors, repeat step #1.

** Visit @sphereii's 7D2D Mod Launcher Thread for more info regarding it

CREDIT

TFP for creating and improving this ridiculously awesome game, while also providing the ability to making this type of modding available. Special thanks and shoutout to @sphereii for the help with dll work!

👑Supporters

sorcery-discord-logo.png

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A20 Now LIVE! (v0.984) ☃️
8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Is this still compatible with Darkness Falls 😮 :)

Can you play both at the same time in the same game? :D

Yes, once Darkness Falls is fully released (stable) for A20 a new Compatibility Patch will be released so both can be played together.

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!