🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)

Devrix

On 6/15/2020 at 12:25 AM, Guppycur said:

... Have you confirmed the bug is fixed?

@Kinyajuu / @faatal confirmed implementing an aspect of the fix as of (b124?). To what capacity I have no idea as it does not fix the primary issue that has been reported since last year:

onSelfEquipStart Bugged - A19

This code can be applied to an item mod and equipped/unequipped from the character manually (drag and drop):

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".onSelfEquipCount" operation="add" value="1"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".onSelfEquipCount" operation="subtract" value="1"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="CVarLogValue" cvar=".onSelfEquipCount"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="CVarLogValue" cvar=".onSelfEquipCount"/>

This simple Mod demonstrates the onSelfEquip bug by modding the "modArmorBandolier" to perform "ModifyCVar" Add (1) on onSelfEquipStart then Subtract (1) on onSelfEquipStop:

onSelfEquip_BugDemo.zip 1.79 kB · 1 download

Two major bugs occur:
1.) x4 is added on loading the game/character
(instead of just the expected x1)

2.) x2 is added when manually picking up the armor from the slot and placing it back in
(shift-clicking to unequip/equip adds/subtracts x1 as expected)

As disappointing as this is, I understand everyone is busy AF. Though @faatal and @Kinyajuu have been awesome, I'm fully prepared for a worst case scenario.

If onSelfEquipStart isn't working properly by time A19 drops, all armor/clothing mods will be disabled and shifted over to a couple new systems/ideas being brainstormed.

spacer.png

A19 DEVELOPMENT

As of the A19 Experimental release, Sorcery A19 has officially begun development!

spacer.png

FEATURES

You can expect everything from the latest Sorcery and a plethora of new features in this upcoming Rebirth! Though armor/clothing mods are removed limited due to the still-existing-bug, two new and superior features have replaced them! In addition to dedicated and expanded Skill Trees per element, you can look forward to: 
Item Sets, Spirit Resource, Fallen, Awakened, Quests, Story & Lore, Sexy Loot, Vanilla Balanced and a lot more!

spacer.png

RELEASE

It's expected to release Sorcery A19 on the Mod Launcher and in XPath/Modlet form around/shortly after A19 enters Stable. Though my July availability is scarce, I'm determined to "Rebirth" Sorcery A19 as soon as possible!

spacer.png

MOD INTEGRATION

One of the most popular features of Sorcery is its XPath/Modlet nature which allows for easy integration into a handful of other chosen Mods, namely Overhauls. This support and dedicated compatibility efforts will be fully maintained for a handful of chosen mods! First priority is getting Sorcery A19 released. Compatibility will be supported shortly after.

spacer.png

VERSION 1.0

Upon "Rebirthing" Sorcery for A19, the mod will be fast tracked to "Version 1.0"...
With that, you can expect the following additional features:
Unholy Element, Holy Element, Spell Weapons, Ammo, Traps, Followers, End Game Ascension & Bosses, Full Lore & Story and more!

spacer.png

DEEP POCKETS

Everyone knows that Sorcerers have Deep Pockets! One of the exciting features of Sorcery A19 is an expanded backpack (earned), with full-size item icons, to accommodate the ocean of resources Sorcery introduces:

spacer.png

It was necessary to separate this additional feature as its own Modlet to ensure compatibility with other mods that alter the backpack. To help ease the wait for Sorcery A19, I'd like to make this available for use. As shown in the pic, this 78 Slot Extended Backpack features Full-Size Item Icons and must be earned through Pocket Mods. Thanks to @KhaineGB for revealing the management buttons!

This is a simple drag-n-drop install to the main Mods folder:

Download Deep Pockets

Deep Pockets Forum Topic

:star:Support Sorcery Development

If you like Sorcery, join the ranks of Patreon Supporters to help keep Sorcery development going strong!

Remember to thank a supporter for making Sorcery A19 development possible:

Altin, Ivanos, Ravenflame, Kormai, TexCub

Otto KnobeIcymageOnorus, VDrake, Richochet, Robert, Dragoness, Kyzle

sorcery-discord-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorcery A19 is projected for an end of July launch
Though I can't guarantee this, I can tell you that I'm working my @%$*#! off to get it out ASAP.
For the sake of transparency, I am investing A LOT of personal and work hours into making this and future releases possible. To everyone looking forward to it, remember to thank the supporters that have stuck it out through this ridiculously long stretch. I would not be continuing development if it were not for them (bills and RL come first). 🔥
❄️🌩️🧙‍♂️

Sorcery A19 Releases Early August

A ton of progress has been made and Sorcery is nearly ready for its redesigned debut!

I extend my personal guarantee that this release will induce maximum gamergasm! 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️🔥 ❄ 🌩

15 hours ago, Brian9824 said:

Do you need any help testing for bugs, mistakes, etc before release?

This is covered by the loyal supporters of the mod and handled through our Discord. Thanks for offering though!

On 7/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, Devrix said:

Sorcery A19 Releases Early August

A ton of progress has been made and Sorcery is nearly ready for its redesigned debut!

I extend my personal guarantee that this release will induce maximum gamergasm! 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️🔥 ❄ 🌩

I've seen that you've added perk trees for each element. Have you considered using the book volumes that can be found to turn them into new spells that you can learn? For example, make the regular perk trees more general and giving different bonuses and added effects, while making the actual spells book series that you find in the wilderness. It would be pretty exciting loot-wise, and give a lot of replayability.

6 minutes ago, Drithyl said:

I've seen that you've added perk trees for each element. Have you considered using the book volumes that can be found to turn them into new spells that you can learn? For example, make the regular perk trees more general and giving different bonuses and added effects, while making the actual spells book series that you find in the wilderness. It would be pretty exciting loot-wise, and give a lot of replayability.

Yes! A similar implementation is planned to fully utilize ongoing loot-gasm. :)

Additionally, end game features are in the works for v1.0!  🔥 ❄ 🌩 

9 minutes ago, Devrix said:

Yes! A similar implementation is planned to fully utilize ongoing loot-gasm. :)

Additionally, end game features are in the works for v1.0!  🔥 ❄ 🌩 

Nice! Is this gonna be part of the first release or part of the end game features?

6 minutes ago, Drithyl said:

Nice! Is this gonna be part of the first release or part of the end game features?

Our upcoming early August release includes massive changes, making Sorcery current AND better than ever. Version 1.0 will enter immediate development upon release and will be fast-tracked in line with continued Support. Version 1.0 will be the heavy end-game focus, though, the upcoming release has A LOT to offer including dynamic enemies and bosses (Fallen and Awakened).... harvest their blood DURING combat to attain end game loot and Quests.

4 minutes ago, Devrix said:

Our upcoming early August release includes massive changes, making Sorcery current AND better than ever. Version 1.0 will enter immediate development upon release and will be fast-tracked in line with continued Support. Version 1.0 will be the heavy end-game focus, though, the upcoming release has A LOT to offer including dynamic enemies and bosses (Fallen and Awakened).... harvest their blood DURING combat to attain end game loot and Quests.

Sounds like you're planning to turn this into one of the biggest, most robust mods of 7 days, I'm glad to hear it. I think mods like yours are much needed, especially as we approach the full release of the game, so keep up the good work. I know I'll be trying it out since day one of the August release :)

• Devrix changed the title to Sorcery A19 Releases Friday, August 14th!

spacer.png

Sorcery A19 Releases Friday, August 14th!

The long wait is finally over, Sorcery returns Friday August 14th! Completely redesigned from the ground up, you can expect this first re-release to feature a host of core changes while retaining and improving upon everything that made Sorcery great before. Following a "1 door closed, open 2 more" motto, you can also expect regular consistent updates to return.

Armor Sets

Spirit Resource

Expanded Perk Trees

Skill Synergies

Item Scaling

Dynamic Crafting

Spell Weapon Charging

Novice-Master Growth
Deep Pockets

...and an ocean of New Stats!

sorcery-a19-arcaneset.png

sorcery-a19-stats.pngsorcery-a19-tailoring.png

sorcery-a19-alchemy-mastery.png

deep-pockets-sorcery-a19.png

...psst, wondering why the forums are quiet?

sorcery-discord-logo.png

We're chatting, streaming and voting Here!

Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 Releases Friday, August 14th! 🔥❄️⚡

Sorcery is still releasing this Friday the 14th!

There's A LOT left to do in order to bring Sorcery to the envisioned level, but there is also A LOT done and ready to go! This Friday's release will be fully playable. Subsequent updates will continue rolling out weekly/bi-weekly, taking Sorcery straight to version 1.0... the big release.

Edited by Devrix
See latest post. (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 Releases This Friday! 🔥❄️⚡
5 hours ago, JanoGames said:

hi, i have a question, there used to be a Fantasy mod that had sorcery in it, are you the same developer of this awesome old mod? if so do you plan on turning this mod to a19? thanks!

Nope, that's Lichti. As always, I'll be ensuring compatibility with a handful of popular mods sometime after release. :)

I absolutely can't wait to play sorcery again, since it stopped with the release of A18 i've basicly quit playing the game.... but now i'm super excited to get back to it, thank you so much, you and your team, for the hard work and effort you put into this mod(modlet?) and I am looking forward to this friday(the 14th).

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery A19 Releases Friday 21st! 🔥❄️⚡

Sorcery A19 Full Public Release End of Month
Sorcery A19 will be releasing this weekend to Supporters, in a limited state, for testing/showcasing. When it's Ready.
There is not enough time to finish converting, rebuilding, implementing all Spells, Upgrades, Trees, Runes, Potions, Bombs, Quests and Entities by this Friday. Quite frankly, I was rushed and won't be again. I've been putting in a ridiculous 12 hours a day, as I'm able to atm, and it's simply still not enough time. I'm confident in an end of month release date, but will not be making promises anymore. Yes, this is me disappointed and frustrated alongside you, but we'll all rejoice with the badassery you're about to experience with Sorcery A19! 🍻🧙‍♂️

Edited by Devrix
Sorcery A19 Releases End of August, likely Friday 28th. (see edit history)

• Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - A21.2 Stable LIVE! (v1.94)
  • Devrix changed the title to 🧙 Sorcery Mod - Massive Update v1.42 PUBLIC!