Dead is dead always run

The-Walking-Dad

That's how I play, but in Nomad difficulty. And I set "RUN" to the day, not "SPRINT". It's challenging but relatively easy as long as I'm careful ...

Can't imagine this to be relatively easy.

For full disclosure, my settings:

* always walk

* 64 strong horde

* Loot 100% (these days until bug is fixed)

* no loot respawn

* no air drops

* nomad difficulty

* mod reducing zombie block damage, removing traders

Could you share your tips? How long do you survive on average?

I don't "officially" play dead is dead, but dying is quite rare.. always run.. well, awareness is #1, don't go into tight spaces without an EASY exit. Pay religious attention to stamina and learn to spot easy "rest spots", walls you can climb, fences you can jump (parkour 3/5 is awesome eventually). Early days "NO" is your friend. Don't go there. Don't do that.

Can't imagine this to be relatively easy.

For full disclosure, my settings:

* always run

* 8 strong horde

* Loot 100% (these days until bug is fixed)

* no loot respawn

* no air drops

* nomad difficulty

* 60 mn / day

Could you share your tips? How long do you survive on average?

I think the 8 instead of the 64 makes all the difference :D

I play long range and stealth... When I die, it's usually around the second or third week. I break something in my office with a baseball bat and try again.

The 'Run' speed for zombies is like your walking ( and backpedaling) speed, you can still melee them without getting hit, so it's not much more difficult. Setting it to sprint is probably a whole other story.

In my current run I tried cranking up the difficulty to insane for higher zombie damage but with reduced zombie HP (through xml files) and nightmare speed at nights, just to make the nights a little more scary, and I'm quite liking it so far :)

The sad truth is that zombie speed is not what it used to be. Even on nightmare speed if you turn around and run away for about 5 seconds real time and then turn around again and walk backwards the gap between you and the zombie will be enough to get a few shots in before turning and running again. It used to be that the sprint speed was close enough to player speed that if you ran away for as long as your stamina lasted and then turned around they were right behind you.

If you turn your back to them and run as necessary you will find it not really difficult at all.

POI exploring is a different story. Run is tough, sprint is difficult, and nightmare is nightmare. But out in the open there is no contest. The player is way too speedy relative to the zombies.

The sad truth is that zombie speed is not what it used to be. Even on nightmare speed if you turn around and run away for about 5 seconds real time and then turn around again and walk backwards the gap between you and the zombie will be enough to get a few shots in before turning and running again. It used to be that the sprint speed was close enough to player speed that if you ran away for as long as your stamina lasted and then turned around they were right behind you.

If you turn your back to them and run as necessary you will find it not really difficult at all.

POI exploring is a different story. Run is tough, sprint is difficult, and nightmare is nightmare. But out in the open there is no contest. The player is way too speedy relative to the zombies.

Wasn't nightmare supposed to be faster than a player could sprint?

Anybody done this? I'm not the best at the game and it seems impossible to me without getting really frustrated. Please enlighten me, as I'm after a new challenge.

Here's 2 examples.

AFAIK these 2 have played these settings since A17 day one.

It does take a different approach but impossible? I don't think so.

Archived