(SPOILER) A17.1 B9 - Mining - Things... Seem Changed (with screen shots)

Jackelmyer

Here's a staggering concept: TFP doesn't respond to every comment by every forumer, regardless of conversation, subject, or wild accusation. Just because they aren't barreling on in refuting your claim doesn't mean the claim has any basis. Like: at all.

I get what you're saying but they like to chime in sometimes on how things work especially if the player gets the wrong idea and spreads misinformation.

The earth is flat. Ha ha nobody came to contradict me, the proof is made: the earth is definitely flat.

Haha funny. But say something relevant to 7D2D and they'll most likely response. Saying incorrect information about the current game and most likely they or (someone else) will correct you about it.

Also you just posted your 'fact' and said nobody contradicted you. The real test is to wait a few hours/days. Failed in execution... :).

You have indicated that they don’t always respond, so you cannot draw any proper conclusions from the lack of their response.

Logic is hard.

No but from previous posts, when someone asks how something work or misunderstands how something works they always reply.

Evidence (from history) is harder...

No but from previous posts, when someone asks how something work or misunderstands how something works they always reply.

Evidence (from history) is harder...

Now it's "always"? More logic coming at you: That's called "shifting the goalposts."

Clearly, you have your own issues, and you can't be helped.

Now it's "always"? More logic coming at you: That's called "shifting the goalposts."

Clearly, you have your own issues, and you can't be helped.

Let me make it clear since you obviously are nitpicking about everything just to say 'I'm wrong' without seeing the entire picture and the original argument. I made some assumptions (even saying correct me if I'm wrong) about why they reduced the world height to +3/+4 and the effects of that change.

I said since TFP didn't say anything then I must be mainly correct based on their history of adding in when someone misunderstands something.

TFP doesn't want wrong infomation about their game being passed around so obviously they will clarify things. If someone has already clarified something then TFP would not need to say anything if they deem the info is accurate. You get it now?

Clearly you have your own issues without adding anything to the OP comment. You also can't be help... Good day SIR!

Oh, it's clear...

...to everyone but you.

Oh? It's clear to everyone but me? Then why did the OP make this thread? He posted info that he collected about mining but also had questions. We wouldn't be even having this discussion if he wasn't sure about certain things. Looks like someone (*cough* you *cough*) doesn't read all the posts. Looks like you need to give up buddy. You still haven't contributed anything to this thread about mining...

Oh? It's clear to everyone but me? Then why did the OP make this thread? He posted info that he collected about mining but also had questions. We wouldn't be even having this discussion if he wasn't sure about certain things. Looks like someone (*cough* you *cough*) doesn't read all the posts. Looks like you need to give up buddy. You still haven't contributed anything to this thread about mining...

>Ad hominem removed. Keep it civil. -- OzHawkeye<

As for the OP and my participation in that (completely separate) discussion, he clearly posted it to share what he had discovered about mining changes in A17. Did he also want an explanation about why things were different? Yes, but that doesn't seem to be the point. Furthermore, your assumptions do not get him one shred closer to having an explanation; nor would anything I have to say get him closer to an explanation.

So, Jackelmeyer, thanks for the information on how things are different. It will come in handy as I ramp up my mining operation.

As for the OP and my participation in that (completely separate) discussion, he clearly posted it to share what he had discovered about mining changes in A17. Did he also want an explanation about why things were different? Yes, but that doesn't seem to be the point. Furthermore, your assumptions do not get him one shred closer to having an explanation; nor would anything I have to say get him closer to an explanation.

So, Jackelmeyer, thanks for the information on how things are different. It will come in handy as I ramp up my mining operation.

If the OP did not want an explanation then he wouldn't have asked. You do know what questions are, right? So I gave him a possible answer - that they wanted to prevent bedrock camping hence all these changes. Most of us don't work for TFP so we have to make some guesses/assumptions. What's wrong with that?

Look at all the other posts! Many of them of them are questions/guesses/assumptions to why things are what are they now. The most recent major things are why they changed perks/level requirements. There have been lots of questions/guesses/assumptions about the reasoning behind these changes resulting in numerous discussions. It's all part of the communication between the game developers and players.

So adding my input into why they made these changes (with some assumptions) I thought we could have a discussion about it and perhaps get a solid answer from someone in the know. At least I'm trying to get answers unlike someone who just points out that I said 'sometimes' and now said 'always' without thinking about the real issue.

Third party objective viewpoint

- The comment was made that "sometimes" developers reply, but sometimes don't, but they always reply if there is a correction needed. This would mean logically if no reply is made, then no correction is needed. "always" reply is context dependent as such. A better word than "always" could perhaps have been used in such a context though.

Now I don't necessarily agree with ^^ statement, but it seems that just about every argument that forms around here is a simple mis-interpretation of some statement. I have already seen at least 3-4 of these today. I get a little frustrated that this seems to be happening so much that meaningful debate does not occur very much anymore, so I wanted to apply this correction. I mean, a whole page of back and forth over such a silly misunderstanding is crazy lol. I'm guilty of this too, but most people are reasonably intelligent, and I don't think we should assume someone is stupid when it is possible (likely, even) we actually misinterpreted them.

People like to be right, or prove themselves right, and don't like to admit when they're wrong though, it's a matter of pride. I know, because I've been there too. I've also been guilty of arguing with someone for several messages only to find... I did not interpret what they said right. Lol. I know this now though, so I try to be more aware of it.

Now, can folks get back to actually discussing mining?? lol

ok, I give up, how are y'all seeing the ores underground like that. I can't find the option to show that. (not for lack of trying either)

open your Blocks XML file in your 7D2D installation folder under Config. In there there's a section commented out for Ore Visualization. Once you set that up, launch your game and turn on Debug Menu/Mode and then god mode with no collisions. You can fly around underground to look at everything.

Tips so far aren't helping?

Best tip I can give if you're doing a lot of deep underground mining, is to mine about 12-15 blocks above bedrock. You'll hit more iron and veins overall. But you will find some big gaps that deep.

Hey guys, a mods probably gonna lock this thread if this keeps up and people could use pointers on mining.

Agree to disagree at this point?

Roland... I feel you rolling your eyes at me. Just know... Understood. And fair enough. :-D

Speaking truth there.

I've edited some posts, deleted others. Would be good if people could converse about the subject and not about each other.

Hey guys, a mods probably gonna lock this thread if this keeps up and people could use pointers on mining.

Agree to disagree at this point?

Roland... I feel you rolling your eyes at me. Just know... Understood. And fair enough. :-D

Hey Jack yes you're right, we are ruining your thread with our goings back and forth. No longer going to reply to him as he just won't give up. Going to be the bigger man and end it here with him.

Thanks for all the data you provided. My base is in the desert and I have similar findings as you. Lots and lots of lead and plenty of shale near the bottom. Tons of iron in the upper levels. I also have a mine in the burnt forest biome. Found all ore except for shale there in the upper level in that mine. I came up with 20+ stacks of iron, 2+ stacks of coal, 6+ stacks of lead, 3+ stacks of nitrate. I guess RNG was good to me in this mine although the nitrate surprised me :). Haven't dug near bedrock yet so I hope there will be more coal.

This might help others but I recently found gold/silver in the desert as well. Don't remember if I found those gems in other biomes. There's nothing like striking those veins. Would be cool if you could turn gold nuggets into ingots/bars. I may not be able to have a dozen gold bars in real life but perhaps I can have some in a virtual world. Perhaps have a new machine to process/craft gold into something more valuable.

Thanks Panda. And yeah, them special blocks in the desert have been pretty cool to find. :D

I saw some guy mention that overall he mines about +12 to +15 blocks above bedrock. Which just might be low enough to hide from AI but high enough to get the common slab of iron on top of veins underground. Was a pretty cool tip.

Thanks Panda. And yeah, them special blocks in the desert have been pretty cool to find. :D

I saw some guy mention that overall he mines about +12 to +15 blocks above bedrock. Which just might be low enough to hide from AI but high enough to get the common slab of iron on top of veins underground. Was a pretty cool tip.

Actually I found a mod that you can attach to armor that reduces noise. Forget the name but it's called advanced something (muffler?) connectors. It has 8% noise reduction and I have 2 of them. I don't know if it applies to all noise or just when you move/run. I also have the level 3/5 of the perk that reduces noise from actions. Maybe having more of those mods and perks will help during mining.

I have 2 desert mines. One has open access to the surface. Zombies (mainly screamers) always find me no matter what whether I'm using a shovel, pickaxe or auger in the open access mine. The other mine is only accessible at bedrock. In this mine I've been able to mine iron/shale throughout the night (in one area) without any issues even with an auger. I don't hear zombies digging because of the auger noise but they haven't appeared even though I'm in the desert and desert blocks are easily destroyed. I'm thinking those skills and/or mods are helping. Though it's possible it's due to the +12 to +15 block tip you mentioned.

I can't do a real +12 to +15 block test since I already have those perks. The armor can be removed, those perks cannot. Too bad there isn't a way to reset skills. They could add a magazine where collecting x of them will give you a reset option. Or perhaps have some kind of ultimate skill reset quest.

open your Blocks XML file in your 7D2D installation folder under Config. In there there's a section commented out for Ore Visualization. Once you set that up, launch your game and turn on Debug Menu/Mode and then god mode with no collisions. You can fly around underground to look at everything.

Tips so far aren't helping?

Best tip I can give if you're doing a lot of deep underground mining, is to mine about 12-15 blocks above bedrock. You'll hit more iron and veins overall. But you will find some big gaps that deep.

ahhhh! Thanky.

Btw, I have found lots of iron very close to the surface in 17 in navez. The empty lot in Diersville (sp). It does seem that it's randomized though. Some restart and no gravel in that lot, other times there is. When there is, it seems to be a jackpot.

Gonna try that blocks.xml and take a peek. Oh, I usually find lead near bedrock, not iron. Well, used to. have done much deep mining yet in 17. Stupid digging zombies.

ahhhh! Thanky.

Btw, I have found lots of iron very close to the surface in 17 in navez. The empty lot in Diersville (sp). It does seem that it's randomized though. Some restart and no gravel in that lot, other times there is. When there is, it seems to be a jackpot.

Gonna try that blocks.xml and take a peek. Oh, I usually find lead near bedrock, not iron. Well, used to. have done much deep mining yet in 17. Stupid digging zombies.

Just make sure to mine 10-15 blocks above bedrock if you want to find iron ore. it just doesn't exist directly at bedrock anymore.

Also I am offended by your toolbar layout.

Clearly the fireaxe should be slot one, as it gets used the most.

With pickaxe on slot 2, because it gets used 2nd most....

All the safe cracking, door breaking, harvesting... I'm reporting you to the FBI-- Frequently Bound Items department.

I'm with zombo here!!! I have the same layout he's mentioning! The blasphemy of some players! <LOL>

Archived