Duping the BM horde

DEADication

Duping the Blood Moon Horde.

Once upon a time there was a non-competitive exploit where if you logged off before 22:00 on BM night and then logged in after 22:00 you got no BM horde.

Many people viewed this as an exploit.

Now if the BM horde ends and you logoff and relog, it starts anew.

I personally have fitted 3 hordes into BM night, but I have heard of HC players dealing with 4 hordes. This is a competitive exploit.

This is a prime example of swapping a benign exploit for a non-benign exploit.

We've actually had a problem with that. For the last 2 hordes I've (the host) been locked into the never-ending console scroll. I can't move, get rid of it, defend myself, etc. The first time I hard-quit immediately so I wouldn't die, but we were 2 hours into the horde and the whole thing restarted, which wasn't ideal (the base wasn't really in a position to take a double.) This last time, the boys defended me til 4am so it wouldn't happen again.

I like hordes, but this needs fixing. Too often one of us has ended up with some sort of error or lock-up during horde night and had to restart the thing over.

Thats been around for awhile too. On MP servers in a15-16 the horde would putter out fast sometimes and a relog would get them spawning again. (especially with alot of players online)

Actually sometimes you would be hunted but only1 zombie shows up or whatever, then relog fixed.

It allows you to level up much much faster than is intended, so it is an exploit as much as any other mechanism that unintentionally allows you to accelerate your xp gain.

Maybe someone from TFP could opinionate themselves on whether it is or isn't.

I totally see your point.

I wouldn't be unhappy if TFP never fixed it though.

If that's what people want, let them. =)

I totally see your point.

I wouldn't be unhappy if TFP never fixed it though.

If that's what people want, let them. =)

I actually agree completely.

If I have the ammo and my base is holding up, I multi horde whenever I can.

Let's just say my OP was a bit... backhanded :)

Archived