3 game flaws that maybe should be rectified

Iirlyaccess

HI, I have a few complaints or maybe suggestions for things that really, really should be fixed and No this isn't the typical complaints most people have.

1) Persistent Parties.

Every time we all log on we're all still allies but we have to reparty. This is silly and was persistent in A16. If I join a party, I should have to leave manually, not have to rejoin every single time i log in. If there is a way to stop this from happening already, please say so. I am SURE we're missing something but if not. Please fix this.

2) Shared xp for EVERYTHING.

In addition to this survival game we play another survival game and we get shared xp for everything. Make a Kill? Shared xp. Make a tool? Share that xP. Everything that gains xp evenly distributes it across the team. Not i get xP plus more ontop. If there are four people and you kill a zombie, split it evenly in quarters. And if I make a new rifle or do some mining, split that evenly too.

3) More than one person should be able to access the same inventory at once.

It is really ridiculous that only one person can access an inventory of a container at once. If I open a box, and someone else needs something from the same box, they should be able to open it, grab what they need and go on about their business. I'm guessing this might be an engine limitation maybe, but it's really annoying.

Actually plenty of MP survival games successful have #3 working just fine.

Different games differrent made.

7D2D have allready problems on that topic and MM stated short after A16 that a real fix would force them to write a huge part of the game from scratch.

The ability to look with more than one person in a crate is not worth so much work

3:

You like duping bugs ?

That would be the result of 3

I guess TFP try to reduce possible duping and they will not open this gate

The problem here is the amount of work TFP would need to put into this to make it work properly. Can it be done? YES! Obviously, many games have done it before. Is it easy to do? Maybe not so much. But I think that many players want this feature.

HI, I have a few complaints or maybe suggestions for things that really, really should be fixed and No this isn't the typical complaints most people have.

1) Persistent Parties.

Every time we all log on we're all still allies but we have to reparty. This is silly and was persistent in A16. If I join a party, I should have to leave manually, not have to rejoin every single time i log in. If there is a way to stop this from happening already, please say so. I am SURE we're missing something but if not. Please fix this.

2) Shared xp for EVERYTHING.

In addition to this survival game we play another survival game and we get shared xp for everything. Make a Kill? Shared xp. Make a tool? Share that xP. Everything that gains xp evenly distributes it across the team. Not i get xP plus more ontop. If there are four people and you kill a zombie, split it evenly in quarters. And if I make a new rifle or do some mining, split that evenly too.

3) More than one person should be able to access the same inventory at once.

It is really ridiculous that only one person can access an inventory of a container at once. If I open a box, and someone else needs something from the same box, they should be able to open it, grab what they need and go on about their business. I'm guessing this might be an engine limitation maybe, but it's really annoying.

1) Parties are new for A17. There were no parties in A16 so the were not persistent in A16. The original intent was that people would form parties to go and do a quest together. So they were designed to be temporary and to be easily formed with possibly different combinations. But people have been using the party system as an enhanced ally system instead (nothing wrong with that). So perhaps the devs need to take a look at the system and decide how they want it to work and if they are okay with it becoming something more than what it was originally intended to do.

2) This has been hashed out everywhere and probably should be an option given how the player base has taken to using the shared xp function. Again, when I read the original proposal I was convinced that xp sharing would only be happening during shared quests. I guess I was wrong but like the party system itself, shared xp is being used much more liberally than I think even the devs foresaw when they first were thinking about it. Not a bad thing but they will need to take a look at the system and what they want it to do.

3) Devs have already commented on this a number of times. It will not happen. Sorry.

I have no dog in this fight, but number three should be cake. It works in Ark. If a friend and I open a chest and he takes something out or places something in, I see that instantly. Not sure why it isn't done here and I don't care if they add it or not, but it DOES work fine in other games. Also, that is Unreal Engine 4.5.1, not Unity.

Is it being done in other Unity games and if so are there problems with duping?

Even if you do what's called Pessimistic Record Locking for that item. With internet latency, two people could still grab the same item, just one would see the item placed in his backpack the other could get an error or the item could just disappear!

Best to lock the chest, people will be less pissy IMO.

How discouraging is it that when players ask for a quality of life feature like sharing storage containers, they are met with developers who shrug it off and say its too much work to bother with.

There is a lot of great things about 7dtd, but with multiple awkward, user unfriendly features that are being poorly implmented and left to stagnate, the act of playing the game sometimes feels like its becoming too much work to bother.

Is it just stockholm syndrom that makes people defend the lack of quality of life in this game?

There are games that came out after this one that have all these features and more, its all about developer priorities, and I feel like player enjoyment takes a backseat to almost everything else. This feels like its being developed more like a tech demo than a game. Devs act as if they will have this amazing honeymoon period sometime in the distant future where they can finally address quality of life, balance and polish the game. But in the mean time their target players are getting annoyed and finding other games to play. And not just that, but the longer they put off these things the more difficult they become. They have to rewrite major parts of the code to add shared storage? Then why continue building on that flawed foundation? How many other things in this game need to be changed, but arent addressed because of the multitude of other mechanics they might break?

Even if they have to tear down the entire game and start fresh, I say do it. A good foundatuon is the most important part of a multiplayer sandbox game like this.

OMG Please stop with the BS

How discouraging is it that when players ask for a quality of life feature like sharing storage containers, they are met with developers who shrug it off and say its too much work to bother with.

There is a lot of great things about 7dtd, but with multiple awkward, user unfriendly features that are being poorly implmented and left to stagnate, the act of playing the game sometimes feels like its becoming too much work to bother.

Is it just stockholm syndrom that makes people defend the lack of quality of life in this game?

There are games that came out after this one that have all these features and more, its all about developer priorities, and I feel like player enjoyment takes a backseat to almost everything else. This feels like its being developed more like a tech demo than a game. Devs act as if they will have this amazing honeymoon period sometime in the distant future where they can finally address quality of life, balance and polish the game. But in the mean time their target players are getting annoyed and finding other games to play. And not just that, but the longer they put off these things the more difficult they become. They have to rewrite major parts of the code to add shared storage? Then why continue building on that flawed foundation? How many other things in this game need to be changed, but arent addressed because of the multitude of other mechanics they might break?

Even if they have to tear down the entire game and start fresh, I say do it. A good foundatuon is the most important part of a multiplayer sandbox game like this.

It's all about bandwidth nothing more.

To continue beating on the zombie horse, I would like to pitch in for the simultaneous access to containers. We play as a group, and nothing inhibits the spirit of constructing a base together than being constantly interrupted because some resource container is busy. Especially when time is short.

Its a simple thing

What do you prefer Bandits and NPC´s or Container accessable by more than one player at the same time ?

Its from the current point nearly the same amount of work.

(Maybe i should add that it dont change anything what ever you answer, the majority will simply use a Container layout that make it unnecessary to be in the same container at a time)

Am I the only one that doesn't want people in my boxes lol. I'll unlock it for a moment if I want you in it.

Nothing is nicer than a new player on your server you give a protected night because he spawned in at day 49 20:00

and the first when you both arrive in your base is hearing the squeaking of your storage crates.

Archived