Short Entity Right Arm

zocElectrode

I pulled the Behemoth fbx and followed Xyth's video tutorials turning him into a working entity (wanted some custom properties) and managed to get him in game and working with custom animations, but I've run into an odd issue with his right arm. He looks great in Unity and when I run the animator to check him, everything works as intended. For some reason, when in the game itself his right arm is incredibly short. I removed colliders and double checked, but he still has a crumpled right arm and I've got no idea why. He's several feet taller than large zombies and is pulling his base from zombieTemplateMale. This oddity occurs regardless of what handItem he has to attack with. Suggestions?

I pulled the Behemoth fbx and followed Xyth's video tutorials turning him into a working entity (wanted some custom properties) and managed to get him in game and working with custom animations, but I've run into an odd issue with his right arm. He looks great in Unity and when I run the animator to check him, everything works as intended. For some reason, when in the game itself his right arm is incredibly short. I removed colliders and double checked, but he still has a crumpled right arm and I've got no idea why. He's several feet taller than large zombies and is pulling his base from zombieTemplateMale. This oddity occurs regardless of what handItem he has to attack with. Suggestions?

I just worked through that issue with another modder. Not sure we know all the details but the fix involved adding a property to the entity:

<property name="RightHandJointName" value="Muzzle" />

Seems that's expected now either by A17 or MechanimSDX...have not debugged that yet. I always add an empty child object named Muzzle under the RightHand Bone in case I want the entity to shoot or throw someday, but you don't have too add that for this fix to work. Just should need that line.

I just worked through that issue with another modder. Not sure we know all the details but the fix involved adding a property to the entity:

<property name="RightHandJointName" value="Muzzle" />

Seems that's expected now either by A17 or MechanimSDX...have not debugged that yet. I always add an empty child object named Muzzle under the RightHand Bone in case I want the entity to shoot or throw someday, but you don't have too add that for this fix to work. Just should need that line.

Thank you, that worked!

Archived