Game feels like its punishing me for levelling up

fishjie

Except this statement is completely false. 1. Noone is speaking of difficulty but you. 2. Lowering the difficulty doesn't make green armies in POIs vanish.

No but it reduces their number considerably. You speak as if those initial groups of rads you are meeting are immediately end-game. That's laughable. The number and type of rads increases with gamestage just like everything else. You guys are going to have kittens when you see gamestage 500 rads.

Just because you and your large-group are all armed with AK-s and most of you concentrated in combat perks because you have other(s) who can put points into Int and steamroll through green armies doesn't mean solo or duo players need to suffer through the 24-hour warzones in POIs in the transition between early and mid game.

Large group? I duo the vast majority of the time, and one other guy plays occasionally and always turns up for horde night. Since my main buddy is always Int specced, I go into POIs solo much of the time. Yet I have no problem whatsoever with the rads and I am playing on Survivalist. And using an AK in POIs is madness. I simply don't understand that. Shotgun is far better.

So, there should be transitions. Not early-game no rads straight to armies of rads.

There are, you just haven't seen the bigger picture. Those "armies" you mentioned are nothing. 20 grunt rads is not in the same league as 20 Biker/Cop/Spider rads. Especially Spiders.

Do I still need to "lel omg git gud"?

No idea. However, you are complaining about rads coming too early on Survivalist? Same setting as me. Since I know for a fact on Survivalist the rads are fine for a combat specced character (I never once thought they appeared too early)....then, I have to assume....yes, yes you do?

Or you are playing solo, in which case I sympathise but feel you should aim your complaint in a different direction. The fact that a solo player has to spec Int but will still have his GS rise at the same rate as mine is definitely a problem. [Though I solved it somewhat in my own solo runs....by lowering difficulty.]

I play on Survivalist because regular zombies and even ferals/cops/wights are easy to deal with, and instead of more zombies/harder zombies I get rad-armies nearly at the start of the game.

Aren't the rads the "harder zombies" you crave?? I don't get it. What normal zombie is harder than a rad? Rad Spiders are the hardest enemy in the game as far as I am concerned; especially in tight spaces and large numbers. And more zombies that were non-rad, even Ferals, would not be hard at all. So what exactly are you looking for here? A zombie type that isn't in the game?

Footnote: I have some sympathy for your complaint about the time it takes. Tier 5 POIs take me an entire day which is annoying (though fun). However it wasn't anything like that till my GS exceed 400-ish. When my GS was 200~300 odd, I was doing a half dozen tier 3's per day.

1 day mining boulders gives me:

3000 Nitrate

3000 Lead

3000 Coal

9000 Iron Ore

Ok destroy only boulders for another day, then the day after that. Then destroy boulders for 7 days straight. Can you get the same numbers? How about only destroying boulders for 14 days straight. Do you still get the same numbers? Boulders are limited compared to ore veins.

Ok destroy only boulders for another day, then the day after that. Then destroy boulders for 7 days straight. Can you get the same numbers? How about only destroying boulders for 14 days straight. Do you still get the same numbers? Boulders are limited compared to ore veins.

Well on our current run we are on day 60 something, and yes I can, why would I get any less?

If you asked me to guess how many of the total boulders on our 8k map I've destroyed in that time, I'd say less than 1%. Boulders are finite, sure but the number of them is so huge as to not matter all.

Well on our current run we are on day 60 something, and yes I can. If you asked me to guess how many of the total boulders on our 8k map I've destroyed in that time, I'd say less than 1%.

You'll run out of boulders 100x faster than I run out of ore veins in an 8k map. I really doubt it's less than 1%.

So, is Gazz in the hot seat?

I occasionally "make mistakes" to not arouse suspicion.

Looks like I'll have to "fix" the scaling of the green guys which currently can be as high as 11x the probability of a similar feral being picked.

Or in other words: OMG TFP are listening to all the whiners and ruin all the challenge in the game! Or something to that effect.

So, is Gazz in the hot seat?

Jokes aside, I understand people's frustration because we have so many green zombies. I really don't mind that, but loot isn't rewarding enough to make me spend my precious ammo to clean an entire POI, so I always nerd pole to get the "roof loot" and that's it.

Nail. Head.

I like the ramp up in zombie difficulty. But the rewards dont justify it atm.

Looks like I'll have to "fix" the scaling of the green guys which currently can be as high as 11x the probability of a similar feral being picked.

Or in other words: OMG TFP are listening to all the whiners and ruin all the challenge in the game! Or something to that effect.

This does not have to be the fix. You could leave the gamestage alone and give us rewards worth fighting for?

Well it's the rewards that should be adjusted not the rads. The rads are fine. Nerf them and there is just no danger in the game after the first few weeks, outside horde night.

This does not have to be the fix. You could leave the gamestage alone and give us rewards worth fighting for?

EDIT: You beat me to it, sir.

You guys seem to of added a bit to the custom game options, why not just make a lot of these things people are complaining about adjustable?

Want less green zombies, or none at all? Adjust the setting. Want the same amount or more of them, but with better loot in those POI? Adjust the setting etc etc.

I'm a simpleton when it comes to understanding how coding works, how you guys have set the game up coding wise, and know some of these features are hard coded etc...But I think at least some of these things could be made adjustable so we don't HAVE to play it how you guys think it should be played.

Not everyone has the same taste, and considering only 51% of your 1000+ recent steam reviews are positive I don't think it's just a few whiners making noise. Maybe the bulk, but I've seen some dedicated ones with 1500+ hours get completely turned off by some of these changes beyond how leveling works.

I'm past that hour mark myself, and got there in a embarrassingly short period of time. But can no longer get into the game. That could be due to other things...But for someone like me who always preferred more of a Romero/Walking dead type of zombie I'd really like to be able to finally stop getting my butt rampaged by something I don't even want in the game lol. Especially when things are seemingly unbalanced.

I know I could pick up another title, but are there even any other Zombie Survival games made in a similar fashion to Minecraft? It would be like someone telling me to stop playing NBA2k if I don't like it back when they were the only ones making basketball games. I don't want to be left playing nothing. I could also just "get good" but I liken it to not pleasing a woman I'm not attracted to anymore...Why would I want to, even if it's my only option in the entire world? lol.

Don't mean to hate, I hope you guys turn it around in peoples eyes because I know you all work hard. I'd hate for all this time you guys are putting into it to be upstaged by some other bigger company capitalizing on the niche of game many people seem to think you've somewhat dropped the ball on as of late. Considering it's been alpha since 2013 or 14, the more time that passes the more likely it will happen.

Sooo... you want more powerful loot to make the game... not easier? ;)

Depends on the type of loot whether it makes the game easier or not. An example could be mods for vehicles like a turbo for more speed or a larger tank or additional storage space.

I think the main problem for many is that the amount of ammo you find is not scaled with the gamestage. The zombies wouldn't be easier to kill if you find more ammo because you use the same weapons and the same skills as before, but you don't feel like you're wasting too much ammo visiting a POI. People tend to save ammo for the horde when they think they're wasting ammo in a POI.

We simply want a reward for slaying harder zombies.

Going into a poi and banging your head against the wall battling tougher zombies, only to spend more ammo and meds than you get back is not worth it. Unless there's some kind of cool loot item. But there's not atm.

What we really need is that legendary loot drops madmole was talking about a while back.

My opinion. "Green's numbers" could use settings options as Roland has said we will have in 17.2, but you need to increase loot (= ammo). I really don't mind what we have now, but no way in hell I'm wasting bullets to clean an entire POI, because it will certainly not be a good idea. Example: two days ago I went to Diersville Hospital and I know we have several safes there, but I nerdpole close to heliport, kill all z's (90% rad) with a fully modded crossbow (hidden strike 4/5). The loot I got: 24 rounds 7.62mm, 43 9mm, 2 orange and 1 yellow shotgun, one trigger group mod and a bunch of crap. I'm pretty sure 200 ~ 250 7.62mm rounds to clean the POI wouldn't be smart, but for 15 steels crossbow bolts definetely yes.

What would be a "legendary loot drop"?

Ya know, like named weapons with uped stats and cool effects.

I have a friend who has already made tons of them in mods.

Edit. Going to try to show you an example.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485397876877426689/533424840452079627/blood_hammer.png

Not sure if you can see that. But that's the idea.

A little more quality items, not brown and orange, and a lot more ammo would be enough for me. Of course I don't know anything about legendaries items and to be frank I don't think it's a good idea, so "loot problem" like I said before and functional explosive weapons (as well perks) would work just fine. For example, things I really miss from A16 are exploding bolts and pipe bombs: I'm pretty sure if we had now these type of crowd control cleaning POI's would be extremely fun.

I would prefer legendary mods rather than legendary weapons.

That would work.

Hey fun pimps. Every think of legendary drops for house decorations? Like a madmole bobblehead we could place on tables? Or a Roland action figure playset, comes with classroom mini building? Think castle grey skull but in school. Stuff like that.

Ya know, like named weapons with uped stats and cool effects.

I have a friend who has already made tons of them in mods.

Edit. Going to try to show you an example.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485397876877426689/533424840452079627/blood_hammer.png

Not sure if you can see that. But that's the idea.

Don't know if I'm up with the idea. Finding items like "Wicked Hunting Knife", "Lucky Bone Shiv", "Pistol of Fear", "Iron Shovel of Digging", feels like Diablo or Borderlands. I'm on the fence here. Will enemies also get these denotations? "Chuck Corrupted Cop" (a rare bloated cop), "Daisy the Black Widow" (a rare stripper zombie), "Willy Foreman of Dread" (hardhat zombie).

This certainly adds rewards and variety for loot and enemies, respectivaly, but it'll also certainly steer the game into the action RPG genre.

edit: besides, "Blood Hammer Bringer of the Final Sleep" is ridiculous.

Don't know if I'm up with the idea. Finding items like "Wicked Hunting Knife", "Lucky Bone Shiv", "Pistol of Fear", "Iron Shovel of Digging", feels like Diablo or Borderlands. I'm on the fence here. Will enemies also get these denotations? "Chuck Corrupted Cop" (a rare bloated cop), "Daisy the Black Widow" (a rare stripper zombie), "Willy Foreman of Dread" (hardhat zombie).

This certainly adds rewards and variety for loot and enemies, respectivaly, but it'll also certainly steer the game into the action RPG genre.

edit: besides, "Blood Hammer Bringer of the Final Sleep" is ridiculous.

I'm a HUGE Borderlands fan and used to speedrun Borderlands 2. Grinding the "bosses" for "legendary weapons" was a ton of fun, I just don't see how it would fit in this game. To grind the bosses for the drops required many MANY restarts just to get the item you wanted. Not sure that has a place in 7DTD, but sounds like it's coming.

Archived