List of options you'd like the game to have-

zombo

The options I would like to see in the game refer to the random world generator. There I would like to set which biome gets how much area on the map. Also if the map should be rather hilly or rather flat and if there is much or little water.

You should also be able to configure the cities. For example, you could have many small cities, or a few big cities, or maybe a mixture of both.

I can imagine interesting game modes based on these settings.

-Add another prebuilt map like Navezgane. or 2. Not sure how much work that would be, but having new prebuilds might be fun.

As with Ark, the Fun Pimps could support modders here to design their own maps. The player could then download them from the Steam Workshop.

1. Option to make the infection a real danger (players selects between easy/medium/hard). Different ways to do this, you can combine if you like:

- Less time between infected stages.

- Easier to get infected in general, or some kind of zed infect very often so they are very fearsome, or vomits always infect.

- Hard option can bring you to stage 3/4 infection directly

- Stage 3/4 where basic antibiotics doesn't work, you must go to one of the hardest POIs to find a special vaccine

------

2. Option: frequency of wandering hordes and the number of zeds within

3. Graphic option: renderscale %

1. Option to make the infection a real danger (players selects between easy/medium/hard). Different ways to do this, you can combine if you like:

- Less time between infected stages.

- Easier to get infected in general, or some kind of zed infect very often so they are very fearsome, or vomits always infect.

- Hard option can bring you to stage 3/4 infection directly

- Stage 3/4 where basic antibiotics doesn't work, you must go to one of the hardest POIs to find a special vaccine

+1

A "disease" slider would be a great addition.

- Dig or no dig. (sorry, but it's still broken. If I'm standing beside the zombie, and he's still trying to dig down in the POI, and I bash him with the hammer, and he STILL keeps digging, it's broken)

I want to turn it off.

Maybe the zombie was just stupid ;)

I don't like the digging zombies either. When I was in the mine at night I often had to plug the holes left by the zombies the day after so that I wouldn't accidentally fall into them.

I also like to relax when I' m in the mine and listen to music while I farm resources. If I'm afraid that zombies will fall on my head I can't relax and have to listen to zombies all the time.

Wrong game ? :D

In A15 and A16 this worked wonderfully for me. I built huge tunnels under Navezgane in A15 and spent several days underground. I had a lot of fun but from time to time I like to fight against zombie or explore the world. The game offers many facets and I like this mixture.

So clearly not the wrong game for me.

In A15 and A16 this worked wonderfully for me. I built huge tunnels under Navezgane in A15 and spent several days underground. I had a lot of fun but from time to time I like to fight against zombie or explore the world. The game offers many facets and I like this mixture.

So clearly not the wrong game for me.

I like to tease you because we really don't play the same game - and as long as these two ways of playing don't push the devs to limit one, it's not a problem.

However, I think it's clear that the game will not tend towards more comfort for players in its vanilla version. TFP wants the "horror survival" aspect to remain viable, so I sincerely hope that listening to music through mining will remain optional :D

However, I think it's clear that the game will not tend towards more comfort for players in its vanilla version. TFP wants the "horror survival" aspect to remain viable, so I sincerely hope that listening to music through mining will remain optional :D

As long as the whole survival and horror aspect remains at the level it is now, I can live with it.

In another thread it was written that improved mod support is important for long-term success and I agree. Mods can emphasize the different aspects of the game so that everyone can have the game they want.

Maybe a mod will allow the atomic sphere to become toxic during the blood moon horde ;)

Come to think of it, I'd actually like a weather survival on / off toggle. I used to disable it in my server config in A16.

Someone probably mentioned an option for zombie block damage scaling? That would be nice.

I never used it, but i am almost positive there at least used to be a console command to turn off weather survival.

And Roland has already posted that the next a17 patch will include a slider for zombie block damage scaling.

Just noticed this thread so I'm gonna crosspost this:

They need to just have biome generation have options when you're setting up the map:

• Varied (a16 style)
  • North-to-South (a17.0 style)
  • Mostly Forest
  • Mostly Desert
  • Mostly Snow
  • Mostly Wasteland
  • Mostly Burnt Forest
  • Mostly City
  • Mountainous
  • Islands
  • Flat
  • Random (Any of the above)

Server options:

-Experience Gain Multiplier: 50%/75%/100%(default)/125%/150%/200%/300%/500%/1000%

(so we dont need to download mods everytime)

-Ammunition Amounts found in game: 50%/100%(default)/150%/200%/300%/500%/1000%

(chance to find ammo will be the same, but you would be given more, or less ammo based on this multiplier)

Just noticed this thread so I'm gonna crosspost this:

They need to just have biome generation have options when you're setting up the map:

• Varied (a16 style)
  • North-to-South (a17.0 style)
  • Mostly Forest
  • Mostly Desert
  • Mostly Snow
  • Mostly Wasteland
  • Mostly Burnt Forest
  • Mostly City
  • Mountainous
  • Islands
  • Flat
  • Random (Any of the above)

Yeah such options would be great for roleplay sessions. Islands should probably wait until we have working boats\better swimming\stuff in lakes\rivers\bridges, but I would love to see that happen someday. Tropical islands too!

Some good ideas in this thread, thanks to you folks who kept it mostly on topic. It gives me ideas for future playthroughs and little xml tweaks I might make. :smile-new:

Archived