List of options you'd like the game to have-

zombo

I would love to see options to make the game even harder for those of us who want a full 7 days to die, and not just 1 night to die. While there is another thread sorta like this- it was mostly focused on features you'd like to see, whereas this thread is more on stuff you want added that you think should be optional.

My custom list of new options would be something like this---

-HUNGER RATE OPTIONS (to hunger much faster, but please increase hunger max to 300 then)

-FOOD SPOILAGE OPTIONS (suddenly canned goods matter more! Make em riskier to eat without perks too!)

-XP GAIN OPTIONS (it's too fast imo- I have everything I care about in first month)

-SMALLER QUEST REWARDS OPTION (waaaayyy too generous, I have everything I need by week 2- progression over!)

-LESS QUESTS PER RESTOCK OPTION (merchants offer far less quests, and only have new ones upon restock)

*-EVEN RARER LOOT OPTION (good luck finding a full t6 set of everything in the first month now dudes!)

-NERF TRADER STOCK OPTION (good luck finding that full set of t6 everything in the first month now dudes x2)

-BUFF TRADER RESOURCE ONLY STOCK OPTION (more brass and lead for sale would be nice)

-VASTLY HIGHER PURCHASE PRICE FOR MODS\TOOLS\WEAPONS OPTION (or you can greatly reduce sell prices on many things especially stone!- make dukes harder to come by basically.

-NERF INT OPTION (now you can't make tools\armors\weapons\mods!)

-ZOMBIE WORLD SPAWNS OPTION (like we used to have, it's just too peaceful out in the world now)

-SPECIAL ZOMBIE SPAWNS OPTION (more cops, more screamers, more dogs, more manbearpigs, MORE DANGER!)

-ORANGE SUPER TOXIC ZOMBIE OPTION (a tier above green, boss like with special and\or ranged attacks)

-OFFICIAL DEAD IS DEAD MODE- can restart world for you without needing to regen world- random start location)

(edit- also an option for bloodmoon frequency- to have it like every 3 days or something)

*I am aware of loot abundance setting, it's still to generous, and always has been imo. Currently it is broken at 25% too, where you never find loot. I am asking more for a loot setting that makes special resources, mods, guns, tools, armor, much much more rare. and not being able to make them with a INT nerf option ensures there is again a reason to loot in the first place.

Any other options you folks would like to see the pimps add for this game, and why?

Zombies with decent damage looks, like resident evil 2 remake, well maybe not that good, but better than current anyway.

Ability to turn the health bar off and on, currently it needs a .dll mod to turn it on, be nice if you could enable it via xml, I personally like the health bar, the darkness falls mod has it enabled.

Ability to change sound of player sounds especally voices, so tired of hearing the wheezing when you hit half stamina, its way to damned loud and annoying.

FOV Slider

Removing the field of view slider in this last Alpha was a mistake. I've said it before, I will say it again. If you suffer from motion sickness, this narrow field of view is a nightmare.

I'm glad that I can change the FOV via the text console, but doing that every time I go in is a pain in the vag.

I'd also like options to:

turn off the death penalty.

I prefer the old way of being punished by having wellness reduced.

On that note, maybe there could be a toggle to use the old wellness system instead of this new one where stamina is so closely tied to being a glutton, but failing that they could have a slider to choose how close to starving your max stamina gets affected. I'd put it at 10%, or less. If you're struggling to find food, you are going to die of starvation which is punishment enough. You don't have to kick someone while they are down by giving them asthma too. Some people are masochists though, that is why a slider might be the way to go.

Zombie types

Option to switch off (or slider to make rare or common) certain zombie types. I'd make the green ones super rare, and I'd get rid of ferals that aren't feral whytes. I hate the normal looking ferals because they catch me unprepared during the day.

I'd only like a couple of graphical options:

- Bring back the FOV slider

- Enable / disable bloom option

- There's a console command called "settargetfps" to cap FPS to a desired number without needing input lag inducing v-sync. I'd like to see that as an option. :)

(Or atleast fix the config text file so it actually saves and reads our settings, like sg fieldofviewnew)

I'd only like a couple of graphical options:

- Bring back the FOV slider

- Enable / disable bloom option

- There's a console command called "settargetfps" to cap FPS to a desired number without needing input lag inducing v-sync. I'd like to see that as an option. :)

(Or atleast fix the config text file so it actually saves and reads our settings, like sg fieldofviewnew)

I agree on the fov and bloom thing, Bloom is one graphical feature I generally turn off in every single game, all it does is bother my eyes and blur the picture, its often grossly overdone in almost every game too, real light does not work that way.

I like OP's suggestions to nerf traders and INT to make scavenging useful again..

Also 1+ for FOV slider and FPS cap (don't know why so few games have this)

Since afaik many players have to tone down the graphics, maybe a "resolution / render scale" (whatever it's called) to change the rendering resolution would be useful, I really like it when games have it, usually it looks slightly better than actually lowering the resolution.

Xp Gain option coming in 17.2

Bloodmoon frequency as well as random day options coming in 17.2

25% loot fixed in 17.2

Sounds great for me...

One idea: I think there should be a way to stop sleepers respawning after you cleared a house or to use a few more land claim blocks for creating safe houses. I feel that the respawning of sleepers is a kind of exploiting the game for XP's farming by killing Z's in houses close to your base every few days (how often are they respawning?) and that's a bit boring in my eyes….

And on random Maps I have 90% POI's - a bit to many I think…

Thanks and keep on building guys - great game so far :-)

Xp Gain option coming in 17.2

Bloodmoon frequency as well as random day options coming in 17.2

25% loot fixed in 17.2

Glad to hear that! A 17.2 is going to be pretty darn good!

*edit- seriously a17.2 will be the best decimal point alpha this game has ever had. It's soo good it probably coulda been called alpha 18 lol. These options will be a big game changer.

Some good requests in here-

Hotpoon-I like the wellness system too from a16- Maybe a combination of both is best?

Scyris- yes I agree, I would like food and water to always show.

gwydion- some sleeper options would be nice, though grinding zombies in an already looted\cleared house for xp isn't that big a benefit? If people really want to use their time to clear a house with no loot, I say let them have at it.

A couple of you suggested graphic options- well I was more focused on gameplay options but sure more graphic options are always nice =)

couple random thoughts

- option to customize density of POI's in random gen. Anywhere from almost no POI's (maybe just one city you have to find. Good luck??) to POI's left and right

- option to define max number of the same POI showing up (Like, right now you can get multiple of one type of POI. be nice if there was a way to say, I wanna see only one of this POI, to make it seem like a more unique map instead of seeing copy and pastes of the same POI multiple places in a map)

@luckystar-

I don't think those should be optional. Those should just be in period. I am more asking for things you think they should add that should be optional (like harder zombies setting- or more zombies setting)

Of course I'd like to see all the things you want added to the game though. :smile-new:

@cirion

Love your suggestion of POI density. Some maps are like one huge city, and others I end up scrapping because there is just endless nothing.

Max number of same poi's? mmm... I would say not really needing to be an option, instead just something the pimps need to work out more (I am sure they are) with the rwg. Clearly they didn't intend for a million electric station\radio towers to be spammed all over, or junkyards?

Things I haven't seen mentioned or forthcoming that I would like:

Traders:Enabled/Disabled

Traders and Trading Posts: Killable, Destructible/ Not Killable, Not destructible.

Bedrock Depth

Starter Quest Disable. I know you can just skip it too.

Starter Classes: Types, Skill Points, Starter Gear

Weather Protection first five levels On/Off

Special Infected on/off (That was touched on in OP)

I probably have more I can't think of.

Primarily:

-Faster development. Am i right lads or am i right lads.

Secondly:

Graphics options for us poor people not able to buy a $1500 rig every time you make your game more unoptimized and make the Minimum/Recommended system specs on steam blatantly false to the ACTUAL game requirements of today;

-No grass.

-Disable/Enable Long Distance drawing.

-Zombies: Low/Medium/High model complexity.

-Sky: Simple/Complex

-Renderscale

-Animation detail distance

I will elaborate on my arguement, because this s### needs FIXING.

Recommended CPU requirements on Steam: 3.0ghz Quad Core.

^

That kind of processor wouldnt be able to reach 10fps on A17.

My friends processor: AMD FX 6350 Bullzoder 3.6ghz 6 Core.

His graphics card: GTX 1060 6gb.

Maximum framerate is 22fps, going down to around 5-8fps when 8 zombies are engaged in a PoI. Worse during a horde night. Now what is true is that his Graphics card isnt to blame, it is obviously being bottlenecked by that CPU, but his CPU blows away the recommended requirements to run 7D2D, yet it is barely playable for him.

My old processor: AMD FX 8150 Bulldozer 3.6ghz 8 Core, overclocked to 4.2ghz, heavily temperature monitored to make sure she stays cool in a H80i.

Graphics card: GTX 1060 6gb.

Maximum framerate is 52 fps, but fluctuates too much to aim properly, so i limited FPS to 30 to resolve aim issues. Graphics card obviously bottlenecking from the CPU once again (GPU remains cool) however i absolutely destroy the Steams recommended requirement of 3ghz Quad core by more than double.

My current processor: Ryzen 7 1800x 3.6ghz 8 core, same again, OC'd to 4.2ghz and stable.

Graphics card: GTX 1060 6gb.

Maximum framerate could be higher than 60 but i limit it to 60 (dont need more) however the clear unoptimization is so bad, my fps is never stable and degrades over time, no matter what.

TLDR;

My point is...in 7D2D's current state, the Minimum and Recommended requirements are totally false, and should be incredibly higher in order not catch a sale from someone when they arent even able to run the game.

What do i think they should be? Well right now i would say...

MINIMUM: 3.6ghz 6 core AM3 (it runs...but it runs like s###)

RECOMMENDED: 3.2ghz 6core AM4 (newer AM4 processors can actually play 7D2D with a more comfortable fps)

Same goes for the rest of the requirements:

Current drive requirement: 4gb HDD space.

What it should be: 10gb HDD Space (the game itself is 7.73 GB +add map files into it in order to play the game. If you dont have 10gb HDD space, you aint playing)

I dont know, but I have 3 GHz quad-core (capable to boost up to 3,3 GHz, but running at 3,0-3,1 GHz and game is running at +-50 FPS and CPU is not a bottleneck (at worst it is used at around 80%). Maybe different HW, drivers, or settings? I have most settings +- medium and I am running at 1920x1080, but graphics settings should not affect CPU that much. The bottleneck in my case is GPU.

My system: intel i5 2320 (which is like 8 years old? lol), gtx 950 (few years old basic gaming card, a bit overclocked near to the point where it would not be stable xD), DDR3 2x4 GB, SSD.

Since my system is old I would assume most should be able to run this game alright - at least on low settings. It took me some time to figure out best game settings for me (some affect performance, some don't). Also I am trying not to have anything else turned on while playing 7D2D and I try to keep my PC in top shape (few years back I was playing on 7 years old gaming laptop running newest games at around 25 FPS and it kinda taught me that every single FPS counts). Also I am not using VSYNC in 7D2D, it was working poorly for me (GPU still at 90-100% + stutters on VSYNC half - it was running at 30 FPS but felt like 20, and lower then 24 is a no-go for me).

Check this out: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94524-Tips-for-Improved-Performance-on-a17-Experimental

It helped a bit, rest is just trial and error.

Well I didn't really intend this thread to turn into a rant on system requirements or performance, but okay- ever more graphic options... think we can all agree with more of that.

Once again, I remind- more looking for new gameplay features you think should be optional.

I want more bloodmoons for example- but that should definitely be optional as many would not want that.

And about the topic :D. More options would be better (this game already has more options then I ever saw, which is great! :-) ), since there is a community playing this game, and half wants something that other half would hate.

I would like an option for level gates for example and I would set them even higher (right now I am lvl 291, game was end-game from lvl +-120, I would like to push end-game stuff to 200+ at least). But I am pretty sure I can change this in xml, but an option would be better (and I dont think most players know how to edit xml files).

You pretty much typed everything I could think of, I am glad for more options coming in 17.2 (bloodmoon, zombie player/block dmg). And as I said, the more options this game will have the better (so both casual and HC players can set it up the way they like).

I'd like to see a Dead Is Dead gameplay mode, where the POIs show more consideration for this choice.

In respect of this they would avoid dropping a player into a tiny space with 4 ferals. The game needs to be challenging, but not guaranteed to involve a lethal reset merely due to lazy POI design strategies.

As for the performance distraction in this thread...

I run OK on an aged AMD dual core, 2.4GHz if memory serves correctly. Frames are mostly in the range of 30-60. I've seen it drop to 10fps when dealing with a screamer upon screamer upon screamer multi horde, involving 30 or more Z's.

Anyone assuming an octa-core should blitz things is delusional... we're still in the birthing phase of games making proper use of multiple cores.

I would like to see expanded difficulty options and different presets.

I'd like to be able to adjust headshot damage independently from body damage and also to be able to adjust limb damage. It would also be nice to have an easy way to adjust dismemberment chances.

I personally think that higher difficulties should reduce body damage much more than they reduce headshot damage. Instead of higher difficulties just turning enemies into bullet sponges, they would increase the importance of playing skillfully and landing headshots.

There could also be presets to mimic zombies from other games/movies, such as making zombies immortal unless you destroy their heads, or copying Dead Space and requiring you to shoot the limbs to kill the zombies.

Things i'd personally like to see (in no particular order, and built into the game as opposed to mods):

-Ability to shape random maps so they aren't jigsaw puzzles again. Don't mind snow and desert being close together, but looking like someone vomited up a box of crayons just looks bad.

-Ability to dictate, in at least a meaningful way, the zone types and their relative sizes via selector or slider (basically, tell the system you want no wasteland, or more of it if you choose).

-Allow players to toggle specific zombies off or on. Along the same lines, make stronger zombies, like irradiated, a bit more rare than they are presently.

-Give players option to set things like loot drop percentages and other quality of life settings from the menu. I know loot fixes are coming, but would be nice to also have options to adjust them yourself.

-Remove zombies from being in every single POI. Not remove them totally, but certainly make it more organic/random.

-Update the world creator and viewer to be a bit more user friendly. Let's be honest, using the rwg map preview functions are painful and slow.

-Introduce more weapon types, armors, guns, etc. I was under the impression this was being done, but listing here anyway.

-Add another prebuilt map like Navezgane. or 2. Not sure how much work that would be, but having new prebuilds might be fun.

Overall, i'm still really happy with A17. While i admit that some of the leveling/skill things still need some addressing, and there's additional balancing to be done, I'm still enjoying the experience. I personally didn't have a problem with things like skills being levelgated, the forge at 20, etc, and wouldn't mind having some of the challenge that brings left in for people who want it.

Archived