Why Does Horde Night Only Last an Hour?

xXBadDreamXx

3 players on a server. first horde night . got about 40 zombies . they just stopped coming 1 game hour into the night. is this intended or a known bug?

The number of zombies spawned is dependent on a few things, one of which is game stage.

Expect your first few horde nights to be pretty easy, you'll miss them soon enough.

You can increase the amount of zombies spawned in a few ways if it still seems too easy after your first playthrough.

Yeah good suggestion.

That's a great Mod isn't it?

Yeah I thinks its awesome, especially when playing heavily modded with lots of weapon mods and other stuff that makes killing easier. Currently running about 100 mods on my server thx to the new modlets system. Need to up the difficulty and the amount of zombies to balance it out :)

The blood moon horde is intended to be a finite horde that comes in 3 waves and once those 3 waves are killed the horde is gone. If you are quickly killing them you'll burn through the horde long before morning comes. Later, when the zombie count is in the 100s the three waves will last most of the night because it will take you that long to kill all the zombies in each wave.

It is not designed or intended to be a timed event of never ending zombies from start to finish. Thankfully it can be modded to be so however. Since they are starting to add options I think a good option would be to designate how many waves are in the horde before it ends.

So... Just wondering a bit... We're around GS 70 or so (4 in one group about 2.5k away from me - all alone <G>)... Should we get Cops on the first horde night? lol

Trust me if you using the GS mod and upping your difficulty with 80-100 zeds coming non stop, you will die more than you live even with best EQ and those annoying nightmare speed (Including driving motorbike or truck also die if they chase you).. <--- this is the way my group playing on with those laugh and joke

So... Just wondering a bit... We're around GS 70 or so (4 in one group about 2.5k away from me - all alone <G>)... Should we get Cops on the first horde night? lol

I got a cop and a feral wight in the wasteland walking around with a zombie bear on the first night.... so I think a cop on the first horde night is acceptable lol

I got a cop and a feral wight in the wasteland walking around with a zombie bear on the first night.... so I think a cop on the first horde night is acceptable lol

That's a good point. The patchwork RNG put's a lot of wasteland patches everywhere, even in forest. I've had dogs & cops spawn on a small patch near my base in one playthrough.

To OP, you sure you weren't near any wasteland patches?

Archived