A17 - Mouse Stutter Issue

Madnesis

Hey all,

Does A17 use some sort of mouse acceleration? I checked in "UserOptions.ini" and didn't found anything.

My issue is that when I use look around by moving my mouse, I have stutter which makes the game unplayable for me.

Interestingly enough, I'm not able to reproduce the issue using my controller so looking around is super smooth with it, no stutter at all. Also, I'm not able to reproduce the issue by moving in any direction using keyboard keys.

I'm using Logitech G600 mouse and tried few things but no luck:

• Turn off Logitech Gaming Software
  • Turn off Acceleration in Logitech Gaming Software
  • Reduce Report Rate form 1000 to 500 (default)

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

This is weird, I never had to do such thing for any game but I found a workaround:

1. In game, I reduced the Look Sensitivity to the minimum (0.05) from the Control Settings Options.

2. From my Logitech Gaming Software, I created a profile for 7 Days to Die and changed my mouse DPI to... 7400!

With that, looking around is now fluid, no stuttering but problem is that my mouse pointer in menus and inventory is too fast but at least I can play the game.

I have to turn down my screen resolution a couple notches in order for me to be able to play without mouse lag and I have a fairly decent PC.

Yes, the game definitely still requires some optimization and TFP are working on it.

I'm around 80 FPS so the game runs ok but it was just the mouse movement that was causing like "screen shake" until I did apply the workaround from my previous post.

I'm done trying to play the game, the fact that I have normal and fluid mouse move in first person then lightning fast mouse pointer in inventory makes it difficult and annoying to play. If there was another option to reduce the sensitivity in menus (not for the controller), that would solve the issue.

Curious. Could we get a log of your setup when you were having the issues? A Speccy would be interesting as well for hardware and driver information. If I can replicate it, that would be awesome.

Yes, definitely. Where are the logs you would need?

Even though I can provide you with Speccy export, I would prefer to just post my exhaustive specs list I had written somewhere already:

MB: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero BO4 Limited Edition (LGA 1151, Intel Z390, ATX)

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K Tray @ 4.90 GHz (LGA 1151, 3.60 GHz, Unlocked)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x, 16Go, DDR4-3000, DIMM 288)

GPU: Asus STRIX GTX980 Ti DC3OC 6GB DDR5

SSD: SAMSUNG SSD 840 Pro 512GB & SAMSUNG SSD 840 Evo 120GB

HDD: Western Digital WD Green WD20EZRX, 2TB

PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800W

Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 Orange

Headphones: A40 TR Headset & MixAmp Pro TR

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 24" FHD (1920x1080), 144Hz , 1ms

Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical Gaming Keyboard G910 Orion Spectrum RGB

Mouse: Logitech Gaming Mouse G600

Misc: 2x Xbox 360 Controller, 1x Xbox One Controller

I ask for the Speccy because it will give me driver versions to work with, and may show other software or drivers that would cause a compatibility issues.

As for the logs, instructions for finding them are in the Sticky thread, be sure to use Pastebin. They're logged by date/time so should be easy to find one from when you had the issue.

On a final note, this right here is most likely your problem...

Misc: 2x Xbox 360 Controller, 1x Xbox One Controller

I've always noticed my controllers causing mouse or keyboard issues when they are connected. Never seen what you're describing specifically, but that's something to consider. Try going back to defaults, unplug all the controllers, then start the client up and give it a run.

I tried disconnecting all controllers/dongles but no difference :(

I sent you both 7D2D output logs and my Speccy report by PM for privacy reasons.

Would you be interested in a video to illustrate my issue?

Let me know if you need anything more, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I upgrade from 980 Ti to 2080 Ti and now the issue is even more noticeable due to the FPS gain, it's like my screen is shaking when moving the mouse around. Because of this, the game gives me nausea and can't play it, never had such problem for any other game and trust me, I have played plenty.

Also note that this is a fresh Win10 1809 setup.

Is there any "hidden" mouse option I can play with please? I really want to play the game... I did some search and didn't found anything relevant, both console commands or UserOptions.ini config file setting.

• 1 month later...

I have this problem too with my old Logitech G5 laser mouse (I also tried it with a wireless Logitech mouse, same result). Basically, the cursor or w/e moves at several pixels at a time instead of per pixel. So it makes precise movements / aim a pain in the butt. I imagine everyone has this issue, but once again, it's subtle and you need to actually look for it.

• 4 weeks later...
I have this problem too with my old Logitech G5 laser mouse (I also tried it with a wireless Logitech mouse, same result). Basically, the cursor or w/e moves at several pixels at a time instead of per pixel...

Yes exactly this.

... So it makes precise movements / aim a pain in the butt. I imagine everyone has this issue, but once again, it's subtle and you need to actually look for it.

Right, that's why not many people are reporting but I can tell it's more noticeable at high refresh rate (require adequate monitor) so I can't play the game with my new rig even though I got a bunch more frames.

What happened when you tried the "use native input" setting in the launcher?

Thank you so much!!! It did the trick :smile-new:

From the default 0.50 view sensitivity, I went down to 0.20 because it was moving too quick with default but now it's definitely much better so I can finally play A17, yay!

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

I too am having this problem so is a bunch of other people on the server i'm part of, I always thought it was intended to have garbage aiming?

Now lowering the dpi and upping my logitec g700s mouse works for now, it's kind of a garbage fix.

I run 1080 (Generally SLI but, apparently this game doesn't support SLI because of it's "Full screen window mode") with a 165hz monitor, though I run the graphics on medium because the game runs like absolute garbage, but I've always had this issue, now it's nice to be able to head shot something though the mouse still needs heavy tweaking to get the feel right.

Archived