What A17 is actually missing... IMO... Loot Boxes

Jackelmyer

I'd add that I hope Vanilla is released as a semi-easy game. With settings.

Typically people get into a game and play for a little while, see what they like and don't like, and it's not uncommon that they'll start looking harder at game settings after that.

So Vanilla, all default options, make it something that allows learning the game. Have fun, get the ropes down, and then ... Reroll with whatever settings you like.

Sometimes playing with the settings of a game is good chunk of fun.

Sometimes a mood can dictate what kind of game play I want. I need to kill stuff brutally. FPS high zombie count game mode. I want to work on that sky scraper or castle, load my build mode save.

All part if the fun and learning curve.

I've suggested a few times making the 2nd tier difficulty the new vanilla default. People can still play at the current difficulty but it would be labeled +1 difficulty instead of normal. That way they don't have to make the game easier for gold release, they can just relabel it to keep Gamer Egos happy.

100% false, it's super easy to not loot any of the dungeon POIs, kill zombies out in the open, makes multiple mines to get iron and bullet resources. Then when you level unlock steel just get your barter to 4/5, sell 3 stacks of steel to every trader for a cool 45k Dukes and buy whatever the heck you want. Plus with all the mining done and out of the way you should have as many steel rounds as you want and 20k+ concrete mix ready to roll lol.

There's this new thing called Treasure Maps. They completely invalidate your convoluted scheme, as well as the massive amount of dukes and ores will get your level up without all the mining, and you can buy everything you need... Wow

Yeah, we need some incentive late game because the ammo cost to loot a POI is not proportionate to the returns.

I have serious questions...

How are you entering a POI and using ammo on any enemy that isn't in a room full of feral's? That doesn't make sense at all.

You're either using a Bow(almost no damage), crossbow(incredibly slow during reloads so enjoy getting killed), or waking up everything with a gun as well as pulling in a few from outside...

*smh*

Archived