Horde night stalls around midnight, restarts if I log out and back in.

jdifran

Did the Day 21 (or was it 28?) horde night last night, and around midnight or 2 am it just stopped. I jumped down off my fighting platform, scavenged a few arrows, ran around my main base to make sure they weren't stuck somewhere, then went inside and logged off to watch some football.

Later, I logged back in and within a few seconds could hear a bunch of zombies trying to tear down my (nigh invulnerable fire station) base. I took my drawbridge back to the fighting tower and fought more waves of zombies until dawn.

Shouldn't the horde continue to throw waves at you until sunrise? And if it IS supposed to end earlier (maybe for lower gamestages), then it shouldn't start up again just because you log out and back in.

Bug? Feature?

It's not a bug. In earlier versions these trickle zombies came after the horde. This was changed in the Alpha 17. The Horde now only lasts as long as it says in the gamestages.xml. The rest of the night is then without further events.

If you want a horde that lasts all night you have to install a modlet.

The blood moon horde now consists of three waves. The trickle was removed. At lower gamestages those three waves probably will be destroyed by midnight if you killed them quickly enough. At higher gamestages those three waves may last all night or still end before morning if your killing speed is able to keep up with the increasing numbers of zombies. .

Logging out and then back in again to restart the waves is a known issue.

That may be the case (I've never looked at gamestages.xml), but it doesn't explain why it started up again when I logged out and back in. That part seems like a bug.

If you disconnect after the horde is over and reconnect before whatever your server's day start time is (4am or 6am), you get an entire new horde. You can repeat this as many times as you have time for if you want to farm XP. I managed 5 complete hordes in one night last time I was experimenting with this.

The blood moon horde now consists of three waves. The trickle was removed. At lower gamestages those three waves probably will be destroyed by midnight if you killed them quickly enough. At higher gamestages those three waves may last all night or still end before morning if your killing speed is able to keep up with the increasing numbers of zombies. .

Logging out and then back in again to restart the waves is a known issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, Roland!

Archived