What's with all the screamers?

ghettochild2600

You're not lighting everything up with torches are you?

Nope. About 10 mins into the game placed a land claim block and started putting up some wooden frames. After about 5 min they started coming 2-3 at a time, and had a total of 6. Two out of the 6 got a scream off and had to kill about 15 Zs. If I remember correctly in the spawning.xml it should only be 1 screamer at a time. I've noticed a lot of screamers spawning as well in other games now that I think about it. In groups of two or 3 at a time. Is this normal? No camp fires down either.

Nope. About 10 mins into the game placed a land claim block and started putting up some wooden frames. After about 5 min they started coming 2-3 at a time, and had a total of 6. Two out of the 6 got a scream off and had to kill about 15 Zs. If I remember correctly in the spawning.xml it should only be 1 screamer at a time. I've noticed a lot of screamers spawning as well in other games now that I think about it. In groups of two or 3 at a time. Is this normal? No camp fires down either.

Hmm, brand new game on latest version? You didn't carry over a game from an older A17 release?

Ah, maybe that's what's going on then. The additional xp is nice, but I know people who abuse the screamers to level up faster. Maybe I can figure out a way where they only come out at night at least.

No panic, people will become greedy.

And such a Screamer farming can fast turn into a screamer armageddon. No matter if night or day.

Besides that its balanced by ammo

Archived