Ragsy' s A20 Modlets

Ragsy 2145

All Modlets appear to be ok on 17.3 Experimental .... and as suspected the above change to the classic zombies modlet gives too much dismemberment on A17.3 ... that change will be removed when 17.3 goes stable.

No new modlets planned for a while but working on a few things

Bikers World

Turbo Vehicle Modifiers

Some Gas related stuff

A request or two from the request threads .

Ragsy !

Find Vehicle Parts in Air Drops

Added a small change to airdrop loot, small depending on your point of view that is.

Now a possibility of finding vehicle parts in air drops... from a request in the forums by forum member Sevryn.

Ragsy_Vehicle_Parts_In_Airdrops

I have also removed the dismemberment tweaks from the Classic Zombies Modlet as that part of the game is now fixed in Alpha 17.3 Stable.

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Moved to Gitlab (see edit history)

Ragsy_Useful_Tires

They are all over the place but often get ignored as you can find polymers in blinds whilst looting buildings , this small modlet gives a small chance you may get a full tire (Not Full Wheel) when destroying it , more intersting though is consider this:

I like the concept, but that is the purpose of the tire once you get one?

I like the concept, but that is the purpose of the tire once you get one?

Guppycur and myself had a forum exchange on ideas to make tires more useful in game and we talked about using tires to make whole wheels and he took that route for his project so rather than duplicate his work ........

I saw other modlets that gave the whole wheel from harvesting but to me a tire is a tire it is not a wheel and in my mind and way of thinking was that rather than make the tire a press E to pickup it was feasable that harvesting gave probabilities of the steel and oil also.

My personal alternate take on this is that if you are lucky enough to get one tire from harvesting you get the bonus of being able to scrap the whole tire in inventory for the polymers instead of just getting a few polymers from harvesting the vanilla method.

This way you can still get XP from harvesting the tire from the ground and make them a more useful game asset especially early game when steel is rare and expensive to buy.

I was thinking also at the time to add forged iron in the mix but I went for steel based upon the way tires are manufactured.

Hope this helps clarify my thinking

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

4x4 Rally Drift Extreme

itvQr9cl.jpg

Here is a modlet that changes the feel of the 4x4 and makes it more into a drift machine, purely for fun and the learning process whilst investigating vehicle physics and making the 4x4 climb steep inclines and hills/mountains.

Use the mouse to steer as normal and use left (a) and right (d) to drift or correct slide, at present reverse is a little tricky but I am looking to try and improve this modlet over time.

There is another less extreme version on my git but this one is by far the most fun so far and although not strictly realistic I do believe occassionally with having a bit of fun as well :)

Download

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Mod moved to Gitlab (see edit history)

Hi delukard

Yes you can leave the screamer in the game by commenting out the following line in the entitygroups.xml

Using <!-- --> as shown below

[color="#FFA500"][b]<!--[/b][/color] <set xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[contains(@name, '')]/entity[contains(@name, 'zombieScreamer')]/@name">zombieMarlene</set> [color="#FFA500"][b]-->[/b][/color]

Or if you like I can send you a modified version of the file ?

I have also added this instruction to the modlet description so others who read can be aware that they can alter this modlet to suit their needs.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
More info (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Random Safe States

First of all I would like to thank HaidrGNA for putting up with me whilst making this modlet :)

After having a wisdom tooth pulled a week or so back whilst I was in the middle of this modlet Haidr was there to keep me on track and I did manage to get it right in the end after managing to undo the modlet when it was working fairly well in the first place lol.

HaidrGNA is currently updating the GNA Horde Mod from A16 to A17 for us all so you can blame me if he's delayed on getting it out, so sorry for that but it's going to be worth the wait. Gnamod Thread is here please check it out

DoBItuql.jpg

Modlet Info

Are all the safes in the world really locked in the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse ? I think not !!

This modlet adds the possibilties of finding insecure safes as well as safes that have already been looted along with regular locked safes.

**** Warning ****

This modlet requires a brand new save game as it changes game blocks and will throw errors if you try to use it on a existing save game

Updated version can be found here !!

Enjoy

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added link to Gnamod (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Update Random Safe States Modlet.

I have found that certain POI's do not seem have the changed wall safe states , most notable is the ole A16 bank as there seems to be no affect on the placeholders in that POI or at least I have found no changed safes in several test worlds.

Probably not a bad thing as Banks are more likely to be more security concious :smile-new:...

I tested this modlet out on the compopack 38 and that seems compatible with this modlet as I was finding the changed safes in some of the POI's.

Tweaked probabilities and it is now more likely that you can find more looted and insecure GunSafes in the world too ...

Version 2 is available on github and new download link here

Random_Safe_States_V2

Again if you install this modlet to replace previous one you will require a new game start !

Enjoy

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Moved to Gitlab (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Classic Style Zombies Update Version 3.

Changes to AI behaviour on pathing added to complete another part of this modlet.

This is something I looked at earlier for this modlet concept about 4 months ago as I wanted dumb/dumber zombies in keeping with Classic feel .... this was at the time was slightly above my level and I got sort of side tracked with Vehicle physics code and floaty boats and stuff.

This all came about in a modding discussion session on Discord where Khaine wanted make zombies walk into spike defences , it sort of developed much further into Zombies being dumber and changing pathing and colliders.

So Tete1805, Khaine, HAL9000 , HaidrGna and Xyth banded about idea's and came up with the credible solution so full credit to them for this.

I did have a very very very minor part in all this right at the end whilst I was cheering them on to solve this.

Updated original post here to reflect changes Classic Zombies Modlet

Same Download link as before on git and should also be up to date on the Modlauncher at Version 3.0.0

**** This Version makes changes to the blocks

so you will need to start a new game save ****

Enjoy

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added info on new game required (see edit history)

Hi dani20,

Sorry for the delay in replying been on Vacation/Holiday's with the kids for a week .

What the classic zombies modlet does is sets all types of zombie to have exactly the same speed setting with changes to MovespeedAgrro and Movespeed .

When used in combination with the options 'walk' set on server the zombies will just shamble around until they detect you and then converge on your location depending on how much sound you make.

So you get slow moving hordes forming and making a move to your location.

Ragsy !!

• 1 month later...

Coming Soon !!

Model rigged and supplied by Guppycur

Tower escape video using backdownhipi's Epic City Custom World Epic-City-17-3

The nice scenery in second video suppied by Tin's rwg Modlet Tin-s-Modlet-Tweaks

and DUST2DEATH's excellent HDHQ-Textures-Lighting-Environment

The UI I am hooked on and using in the test videos is the Gnamod UI by Haidrgna, it is a modlet and the link is here Gnamod-UI

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added UI modlet link also ... (see edit history)

I just installed the Classic Zombies Modlet (switching from a handful of others I disabled) but am getting a red text error on loading a (new) game. I did delete the entityclasses.xml (I use some other replacers and don't mind most of the oddballs) but did not touch the progression.xml.

2019-09-20T20:39:52 541.084 ERR Failed loading and parsing XML (progression.xml):

2019-09-20T20:39:52 541.084 EXC 'effect_group' is expected Line 16, position 7.

XmlException: 'effect_group' is expected Line 16, position 7.

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Expect (System.String expected) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadEndTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml (System.String xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XmlFile.toXml (System.String _data, System.String _filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

XmlFile:toXml(String, String)

XmlFile:.ctor(String, String, String)

XmlPatcher:LoadAndPatchConfig(String)

<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: Line: -1)

2019-09-20T20:39:52 541.085 ERR XML loader: Patching 'progression.xml' from mod 'Ragsy Classic Style Zombies' failed

2019-09-20T20:39:52 541.085 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XmlPatcher.PatchXml (.XmlFile _xmlFile, .XmlFile _patchXml, System.String _patchName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XmlPatcher.LoadAndPatchConfig (System.String _configName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

XmlPatcher:LoadAndPatchConfig(String)

<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so A18 is in experimental and I have been asked if my modlets will work in A18 .

I will be checking them all out as soon as I can and it may be that some will need a new version suitable for A18 , I will update the OP as they get tested.

If a modlet works in both A17 and A18 then I will just comment that in the first page , if they need a new version i will post up a link as soon as they are converted. Some may not be viable/needed in A18 so we will see how it goes.

I can tell you for definate that the 'Boats modlet' is broken in A18, I am working on that first and making progress with the new physics system.

Edited : 10th October 2019 ... The Boats have been fixed for A18 and Information is here

Version 3 for A18 experimental

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Update info (see edit history)