Lucky Looter again

Bhaaltazar

So on A17.1 new game... I invested 4 points in it so far, sitting at level 60-ish.

So far on day 1 I found quality 6 purple wrench, without any points. Oh great they fixed RNG I thought to myself. I keep investing into Looter every chance I get - hoping maybe I wont even have to go deep into intelligence tree. But after that lucky find on day 1 i keep geeting same loot fromall the crates. Two green hunter rifles and one yellow composite after 100+ open crates and gun safes. Oh yea and also 2 armor mods - cooling mesh and the other that keeps you warm and fore grip.

So Im confused... is this broken or its intended? Because if it is intended than its useless and big part of A16 RNG is lost in looting. I keep getting exactly the same loot as day one ( except for that lucky wrench find ) and now at GS 140ish, I just have a feeling something ain't right with this.

What are your experiences with this - you also only getting orange gear from all the crates and safes and what not?

with no lucky looter, i notice that by level 40-ish, i'm still finding quality 1 and 2 shotguns and pistols.

With lucky looter at 3 or 4 around the same level, i notice level 3 and 4 guns that I pretty much never found in gunstore boxes with the other build.

It affects your chances. But it doesn't guarantee anything.

Level 100 lucky looter 5/5 will still find level 1 items, but the percentage of quality-level-1 items they find, compared to quality -level-higher-than-1 items they find will be a LOT lower than a level 1 character.

with no lucky looter, i notice that by level 40-ish, i'm still finding quality 1 and 2 shotguns and pistols.

With lucky looter at 3 or 4 around the same level, i notice level 3 and 4 guns that I pretty much never found in gunstore boxes with the other build.

It affects your chances. But it doesn't guarantee anything.

Level 100 lucky looter 5/5 will still find level 1 items, but the percentage of quality-level-1 items they find, compared to quality -level-higher-than-1 items they find will be a LOT lower than a level 1 character.

Not a lot of point then. By level 100 you can craft level 6 items at the workbench so....

So on A17.1 new game... I invested 4 points in it so far, sitting at level 60-ish.

So far on day 1 I found quality 6 purple wrench, without any points. Oh great they fixed RNG I thought to myself. I keep investing into Looter every chance I get - hoping maybe I wont even have to go deep into intelligence tree. But after that lucky find on day 1 i keep geeting same loot fromall the crates. Two green hunter rifles and one yellow composite after 100+ open crates and gun safes. Oh yea and also 2 armor mods - cooling mesh and the other that keeps you warm and fore grip.

So Im confused... is this broken or its intended? Because if it is intended than its useless and big part of A16 RNG is lost in looting. I keep getting exactly the same loot as day one ( except for that lucky wrench find ) and now at GS 140ish, I just have a feeling something ain't right with this.

What are your experiences with this - you also only getting orange gear from all the crates and safes and what not?

One game where you may have experienced really, really good luck is not enough of a sample to tell is anything is wrong or not. Try 10 games in a row and if find quality 6 items in all of them then I'd say there's a problem.

So far on day 1 I found quality 6 purple wrench, without any points. Oh great they fixed RNG I thought to myself.

Wait, at day 1 you already find a q6 wrench and think RNG is fixed? The goal of a fix is probably not to have players swimming in quality loot at lvl 1 :fat:

So Im confused... is this broken or its intended?

It is very hard to judge this without making tests with really large numbers. You might analyze the xml, write a looting simulator and then simulate 1000 draws from a container with different loot bonuses. That would give you an indication.

If you want to test it in-game I would suggest the following experiment:

Spawn at least 100 loot boxes of the same type. Loot them as a lvl 30 character (by using console to give you xp) once without lucky looter and once with lucky looter at 3 at least (to see a bigger difference with such a low number of samples). Sum up and rate the loot. Don't just look at the highest quality item you got ! You might get the best gun without lucky looter but the average of high-level items should be better with increased lucky looter

Archived