Additional vehicle seats

JDStrawesome

Our group maintains a set of consolidated mods, and they suggested I tear this bit out to share with the community.

This modlet adds a "pillion" seat position to the motorcycle, a 2-up on pegs seat position to the bicycle, and 2 additional seats over the liftgate on the 4x4.

This makes the vehicles so much more fun being able to relay each other to rally points and all load up into a handful of vehicles to head out together on adventures.

GBVehiclesExtraSeats

This should work fine as a modlet. I didn't get to test this isolated bit of xml modding... because it's impossible to test this modlet in a solo game. So, if someone reports that it isn't quite working as described, I'll troubleshoot it and get it patched asap.

1353674591_Screenshot2019-01-1508_16_00.jpg.9f442d5d4fcd1a617d2c4a372e246766.jpg

Couldn't fit this as an attachment:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azv8lzwuv202826/Screenshot%202019-01-15%2008.16.30.png?dl=0

1113810052_Screenshot2019-01-1517_50_18.jpg.c2627cd567a2927e4790b7aded631ef7.jpg

Do we need to re-build the vehicle or anything else to activate the action?

And also your image is on b240 and if you could make it work on 17.1 as well?

We did not have to rebuild the vehicles for the seats to work. (I know what you mean, though-- had to rebuild/respawn vehicles when we modded their storage capacity, but not for this.)

Our group switched to stable, so whenever 17.1 drops to stable, if the code needs updating, I'll do it then. But so long as they haven't made any extreme changes to xpath modding or the transform data for vehicles, this should work in 17.1.

If you were to paste the xml data for the seat property sets here (from the vehicles.xml file), I could determine if the modlet would work.

Dude, I just spent over an hour arranging 8 seats on my custom 5 ton army truck; mad props to you for your work. This crap takes time, I had no idea.

...at first I was thinking I'd log into a 2nd account with the game to test each seat, but then I got smart and just kept updating seat0, making notes of what worked. =)

[ATTACH]27184[/ATTACH] That the .xml using it.

Heh. Those are my values. I meant if you get me the xml values for the existing seats from the vehicles.xml in your ...7 Days To Die\Data\Config folder.

:p I already know what I wrote in the mod.

Dude, I just spent over an hour arranging 8 seats on my custom 5 ton army truck; mad props to you for your work. This crap takes time, I had no idea.

...at first I was thinking I'd log into a 2nd account with the game to test each seat, but then I got smart and just kept updating seat0, making notes of what worked. =)

Great minds. I did the same thing, but with seat1 because I had a friend to help test. Especially for the bikes, I needed the first rider visible to check placement.

I also placed frames next to vehicles to help gauge the distances. 1 frame = 1 unity unit(meter).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Can someone please update this to 18a

It still works as of a18.2, you just still gotta rename the "Configs" folder to "Config" as gottx said.

This mod is very good!

First I thought it doesn't work.. but you have to rename the "configs" folder inside the mod to "config"! Than it works :-)

• 10 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, Guppycur said:

...at first I was thinking I'd log into a 2nd account with the game to test each seat, but then I got smart and just kept updating seat0, making notes of what worked. 😃

Thank you @Guppycur. I was just looking to see if we could switch seats while in the vehicle but got no hits. This also works.

And thank you @JDStrawesome for making these public for the community to appreciate.

Archived